Climax Social Evolution Theory

buenognosis

Reaction score
Way back in 1975 I discovered this social evolution idea based on the biological climax cycle. When it came to me, I thought I'd discovered the holy grail of philosophy, a simple yet holistic biologically based social evolution theory that went far to explain the continuing cycles of civilization where one sees one civilization rising, flourishing, then falling apart only to be replaced by another, sometimes more advanced but not always. Still, the overall development of civilization continues to produce ever more complex societies with ever more complex technologies but without apparent purpose other than if it can be done it will be done. Here is an attempt to put the rise and fall of civilizations and the world civilization being born in our times into a new philosophical perspective: Please go to http://climaxclub.blogspot.com/2004/11/climax-civilization.html to view Climax Civilization.

It seems like an interesting premise - I'll have to read it properly later, as I've only just logged on and am checking the boards.

Would you consider bullet pointing some of the core ideas here, so that the discussion might be more accessible for those who might be put off at the idea of reading an essay? Simply something for consideration.

Would you consider bullet pointing some of the core ideas here
that'd be nice

but do you think the western world is going to collapse? If so why?

P.S when I say western world I mean capitalism which includes china, japan, russia, USA and european countries. Basically all rich countries.

respecto perplecto

Kaspar said:
that'd be nice

but do you think the western world is going to collapse? If so why?

P.S when I say western world I mean capitalism which includes china, japan, russia, USA and european countries. Basically all rich countries.

respecto perplecto
nuCleAR PowER StaTions

Quote:
nuCleAR PowER StaTions

So, if the seers of General Powell have it right, Iran?
Are you suggesting Iran is going to end the reign of the western world?

I don't really think Irans nuclear arsenal matches or even comes close to that of russia, china, Usa, Europe and all the other countries in the Western World.

But if it did that would be impressive...and extremely devestating.

I think Life is like a Circle so when the end of the world comes, that is, scientist's predicted big crunch when everything in the universe gets sucked into itself and turns in to nearly nothing....
...I believe time (being a circle) will go around again and start the big bang making the world again.

As well as the big circles I think there are little circles as well for example the collapse and birth of new civilisations. I think most people predict china will be the next world dominator. (not Iran ;) )

Well I agree China is the sleeping dragon there is no way that it will allow the US to take over the world.

The US appears intent on destroying itself with its own hand.

Europe seems to be getting its balance back after years of learning humility and defeat of the Roman empire, British empire, WW1&2 etc. We just need to get rid of Blair so that there is no more alliance with the US on war.

I feel the next spiritual renaissance will be in Europe. There is nothing more passionate then continentals when they feel compelled by love to move, Spain is getting very active ecologically and Italy is the most ecological country, they didn't buy into the fertiliser industry. The upsurge in the divine feminine with the new religious movies coming out will be another boost to Europe's spirituality and tourism. Already Italy is doing well on the back of the Da Vinci Code Book and the film isn't even out yet!

Sorry gone of track, a bit of rambling.........

Sacredstar

Back