Biology of Belief

S

Sacredstar

Dear All

Metaphysicians and healers have always known that beliefs effect the cells our mind, body and souls. But now it is proven on a phsyical level by cellular biology. I viewed the video last year 'Biology of Belief' the power of love, and not being one with a technical brain I had to watch this 2 hour video twice. Professor Lipton speaks fast and each segment that he imparts is a gem of wisdom. If you have beliefs then this is one that you cannot afford to miss, it is at the cutting edge of the latest breakthroughs in science.

Research scientist Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., introduces a long-awaited paradigm shift in the biomedical sciences. The new science will inspire your spirit, engage your mind and challenge your creativity as you comprehend the enormous real potential for applying this information in your life and in your profession.

I just checked his website to discover that following the success of his video's he has now brought out his first book.

BIOLOGY OF BELIEF
Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
A groundbreaking work in the field of New Biology. Author Dr. Bruce Lipton is a former medical school professor (University of Wisconsin) and research scientist (Stanford University School of Medicine). His experiments, examining in great detail the molecular mechanisms by which cells process information, have revealed that genes do not in fact control our behavior, instead, genes are turned on and off by influences outside the cell. These influences include our perceptions and beliefs. He shows that our beliefs‹true or false, positive or negative‹affect genetic activity and actually alter our genetic code. Dr. Lipton's profoundly hopeful work, being hailed as one of the major breakthroughs in the New Sciences, shows how we can retrain our consciousness to create healthy beliefs, and by doing so create a profoundly positive effect on our bodies and our lives.

For more information see www.brucelipton.com

Onwards and upwards into a totally new and positive reality.

Sacredstar

youknow they said the same/similar thing(s) in this movie:
*What the bleep do we know*?
(Personally I was disappointed by the movie for various reasons but it is still a good flick and brings up this same point!

I believe it, I think you can change events and the outside world by thinking thigns and of course you can change yourself as you said~!

That there are effects related to positive thinking is pretty well-documented in mainstream medical science.

However, as a cancer-sufferer wrote in New Scientist a few months back, cancer sufferers are apparently rouintely told to "think positive" - which can create a pressure and stress that is not appreciated as it's not always easy to sit with a grin on your face when told you are about to lose everything you love.

It's easy to tell people to "think positive" - what is much harder is actually provide positive reasoning to do so, rather than make people with real illnesses feel guilty about not being cheerful enough.

Hi SacredStar,

Have you considered Lipton's undeniable failure to consider the 'determinism' represented in the cloning of creatures, like the most recent £26,000 pussy cat?

Lipton's arguments are one of the bases for the conceptual hypothesis of "c", or consciousness, as it is interpreted for the average reader, as cells are said to exhibit.

The problem is that there is little agreement here across the spectrum of scientific thought in these areas. We do not know.

My son would deny that he is dealing with general quality "c" in all his current genetic work upon diabetes and heart disease. Indeed, he argues, that if he did take it account, it would actually produce no difference and only cloud some of the clinical and ethical criticisms of the processes he conducts.

The actual fact is that there is no general and definitive understanding in this area. The situation is that we do NOT know. The bacteriological argument re: the cellular membrane does not in fact demonstrate "c".It simply behaves as expected ...on every occasion ... in deterministic fashion...In fact this is why bacteriological research is able to continue...

Bees in bonnets sometimes result in stings!

there are effects related to positive thinking is pretty well-documented in mainstream medical science.
=============
True, Brian.

As you so rightly point out this goes beyond simply telling people to be 'positive', in which, as you say there are problems for many individuals.

The actual effects though are also problematical.

Some patients have admitted to total pessimistic despair, but have made good recoveries. Others with positive outlooks have unfortunately still succumbed.

It is just considered on the whole that it might be better to have a positive outlook.

I am convinced that the positive or negative reaction is a reflection of any individual's actual affective nature and very much the result of their affective nurture... possibly since childhood. Some people are, bluntly, optimistic, others inherently pessimistic in outlook.

I agree that telling either to be 'positive'and have a 'good' outlook will be variously received, and in fact probably has little effect upon the patients', who will react according to their affective natures and nurtures.

Back