The "Dreamtime" in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'Ancient History and Mythology' started by Aussie Thoughts, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

Many biblical literalists consider Adam to be the first man, but if you actually read what's written, human life existed prior to Adam and Eve and that aligns with Aboriginal beliefs. See post #5.

2. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

my friend, that is my point! I read what's written then I take it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

3. Aussie Thoughts

I too have a point. That's the main reason I wear a hat... :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Namaste Jesus likes this.
  4. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

So what's the latest on the budding romance?

5. Aussie Thoughts

A couple weeks ago he came clean to his mom and me and brought his gal to dinner. He was scared to death when he announced his intentions, but he sucked it up and spoke his mind. Even my less than open minded uncles were impressed. You should have seen his face though when we told him we knew all along!

6. Namaste Jesus

Well good for him. I'm glad everything worked out. Have you met the girl's parents yet?
    You do enjoy tormenting that little guy.

7. Aussie Thoughts

I have. Nice people too. They run a little tourist shop just outside town. Their daughter is an only child which is quite unusual in Aboriginal culture. Equally unusual, both parents are high school graduates.
    It's been quite a while since you've seen that, "little guy" he's taller than both of us now.

8. Namaste Jesus

Well I'll be. Is that one of those shops where you can buy authentic Aboriginal artwork made in China? I didn't realize finishing school was such a rarity among Aborigines.
    Wow! You're right. I'm still picturing that mischievous little kid.

9. Aussie Thoughts

Their shop has mostly handcrafted things. Nothing like the crap you find at the duty free. Formal education is not a priority among most Aboriginals. As modern society is forced upon them though, more and more are attending. That's a good thing I suppose, but the pitfalls of modern society are on the increase as well. Alcoholism, domestic violence and drug abuse.

10. Namaste Jesus

I guess it's inevitable. I've watched the same thing happen in Fiji over these many years. Such a shame.

11. Aussie Thoughts

It is that. I wonder what it is about modern life that gives rise to this type of problem? Actually, that sounds like a good topic for another thread. http://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/17810/#post-301198

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

Sounds like the same sh!t happening with the Native Americans/First Nations here in the Western Hemisphere (I'm including those in South America as well as North America even though I'm not sure if I have the facts "in the first place"/at all.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine