Dreams that come true.

Postmaster

Reaction score
Since I was a child I have been experiencing the phenomenon of my dreams coming true. Sometime there actually re-enactments of the day before my day has taken place. Sometimes they are similar and sometimes I dream of things which would symbolically represent that would happen in my day. My resent dream that had a connection to something happening in life was that a week before the Tsunami of Asia, I dreamt I was swimming in the sea of Larnaca, that is my parents home town in Cyprus, and suddenly the sea came in and rose so high that it actually swallowed all the people swimming and even people on the beaches, it had actually taken me too, but I woke up by the time I could see the out come of me in a cold sweat. Other times I've actually acted out part of my day in my dream that did not happen yet, one of them being I was working as usually which I manage my parents restaurant and I dreamt that the drains blocked and I was trying to unblock them. It happened in exactly the same way as I dreamt it. I've experienced this phenomenon countless times and the ones I've told you about actually are the most resent ones. Does anyone else experience this, is there a name for it? My family has a history is being able to see and predict things accurately before they happen. I've also been able to go on gut feeling accurately and sometimes when my mind is flooded of thoughts of certain people, they often have something bad happen to them or happen to get in contact with them without my will to.

Hi Pm,
I know a lot of people who experience similar things, sounds like you might be experiencing episodes precognition (i think that's what it's called :confused: ). I'm sure someone with more expertise in paranormal phenomenon will be able to give you a more detailed answer, I confess I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to such things.

I've had feelings of unease before crisis, and some dreams that seemed to play out later in real life, but usually very very far away from me and to other people (for example, I felt very depressed for a number of hours before my mother recieved news that one of her uncle's had passed away), but, I'm inclined to think that, since, these "feelings" and dreams are rare and far between, they are most likely coincidences (at least for me-I have a seriously overactive imagination :) ).

But your case seems to be truly unique; I think there's more at work than meets the eye :D

The tsumani dreams are also powerfully symblic - that of feeling overwhelmed by our emotions. I used to have a lot of these as a kid.

I've had a few dreams set around a house I think I'm supposed to live in. And in one dream, I was driving South to Aberdeen along a coast road - so when I'm next in Scotland, I'll try and do that, and see what happens - will probably just experience deja vu. :)

Mirrorinthefog and Brian, thanks for the reply. Every human might have these abilities?.. Sometimes, I have actually waited for something to happen because I know it will from my dreams and it turns out I'm right. It’s all spontaneous with me, however I have actually managed to force myself to know things before they happen before and I do go through phases of where it doesn't happen in a while. Well, it does go to show that there is more to science, science does question these phenomenon’s but does not accept them even though they do find some evidence, reasons being are, science would have to be re-written because it basically breaks every law and second they can't explain it even though it is happening. If you can't explain it, then its not happening.

Brian a scientist will tell you that it’s your dream which caused your actions on a psychological level, however maybe you will one day find the perfect opportunity to travel down that coast, and maybe it’s your fate.

Dear PM

Trust your dreams the secret is to define whether they are subconscious fears or true guidance. Spirit also communicate and warn us in dreams. I also felt terrible the week leading up to the disaster and I asked my guides the reason why and I was told I was picking up on a world crisis. Then Christmas Eve I started receiving information for an article on predictions for 2005 the rest is history....

Trust your intuition always one day your life could depend on it. It as saved my life once and I am sure it will do again.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Dear Brian

Scotland yes...take it seriously, if the plates shift in the north sea most of Yorkshire will be gone, all the east coast of the UK and all below London.

This disaster is not the last......it is just the first very serious warning.

If Yellowstone Park goes then the whole of New York would be wiped out and the wave would hit the UK.

being love

Sacredstar

I think we do have these abilities, but I don't think we have to really indulge in it too much. At least I have chosen not too excercise it.
But there may be times when it is good to pay attention to a dream.
Especially if you are sensing something from God. Just my opinion.
I have had dreams more than I can even remember them all. Many reoccuring dreams and what they call nightmares as a child, but not any more.
I do still have some of the same dreams, but different versions. LOL

The closest I can remember is a reoccuring dream my mother had or was having years ago.. I wont tell the dream because it was a real bad one. She finally convinced my father to take precaution and make something for her that would change the dream if it were to actually happen. It was impossible for her to stop the dream from happening because it involved another person, a stranger.
The dream did in fact finally happen. Everything exactly the way she dreamed it, even the colors. Except for the final result where she was protected by what my father had made for her and it most likely saved her life.

I remember the day it happened and she was just not the same person for quite some time.

I would not blow off the dreams, but try to walk the middle of the road with them when possible.

SacredStar made some very good points too.

I'm so glad someones brought this up I completely agree with PM that dreams are underexplored. I had a dream on sunday night that my rabbits were going to escape from their hutch and the next day I woke up to see that my rabbits were enjoying all my mums flowers. I often redream the day ahead but it rarely turns out similar.

A theory I've made up about dreams is something that someones has said already somewhere else. That all the particles everywhere are vibrating at different speeds and there may be parallel universes. So seeing as scientists no nothing about our subconscious and that know we know even littler. Our subconscious may vibrate at a lower speed when we dream because of the magic of our brain and we can tune into a different universe that is a playground for our thoughts where the mind works out all possible senarios and enacts them. So in some cases the mind will get them right and we will have profecised the future. This has partly been influence by - incase anyones heard of Philip Paulman and his "His Dark Materials" where he writes about dust.

If anyone knows about dreams and research or anything interesting feel free to let me in.

P.S when I say parrallel universe I mean like electricity fields that we can't see but are a huge network that carry information and can be tuned into.

in thought, Kaspar

The thought that always occurred to me.. was that how every part of our body is integral to every other part of our body.. everything has its uses. The human body is perfect. Why then do we only use such a small percentage of our brains? I watched a documentary about how the brain develops in a baby. Electrical impulses are what causes the brain to store memories and learning behavior. I just think there is so much more to the brain that we dont understand and maybe arent meant to.

I agree, but I think we've forgotten how to use these gifts. People of ancient civilisations used to have a phenomenal memory - able to recall whole books for example. Since we have everything written down we no longer use this power and it has atrophied. It is said that Australian aboriginals commonly are able to communicate telepathically. I suspect that psychic abilities can be developed. I often try to use this when driving, by "feeling" the way ahead for danger. Not always reliable but I have had a few useful leads.

I think alot of people have what could be called a 6th sense. I think that Adam and Eve had full access to their brains that they were supposed to live forever. I believe that when man fell that we began to lose the ability to access deeper recesses and in each generation that passed. I dont believe that God created something that didnt have an intended use. This is just something I like to play around with and will be curious till all answers are revealed.

Do you think that the development of computers and technology that lets us do things without having to think avout them has made this smaller use of our brains? Do you think that If we had to remember things off by heart and couldn't look them up at a click of the mouse we'd be more intelligent?

Kaspar said:
Do you think that the development of computers and technology that lets us do things without having to think avout them has made this smaller use of our brains? Do you think that If we had to remember things off by heart and couldn't look them up at a click of the mouse we'd be more intelligent?
Hey Kaspar This verse below from Daniel is how I am seeing what we are doing in a modern world as one look at your question. Have your pick of the translation.:)
Personally I am seeing things in the world becoming more complicated and perplexed and knowledge regressing through progress.
I am also seeing this 'KNOWLEDGE' that everyone is being so crazy about is something that is vanishing away as fast as it is discovered, especially in the sense of technology. For example, The digital camera you buy today is obsolete within a few months or less.
So many things today are like "throw away knowledge"

What people knew about computers and programs 3 years ago is just about obsolete today, though some of it is still used it is not really being supported...etc. etc. etc.

I do have to give an exception for the medical field of knowledge has done some wonderful things for people, but even then I see man only becoming so intelligent.

I remember the days of my youth when we had memory verses for sunday school. Those are the things that I hold fast to in my heart. The things I have hid in my heart are what I see never changing and enduring through all generations. It just seems to me people are searching for answers but trying to learn with everyone tossing ideas and thoughts about.

So, I am seeing two distinct and different types of knowledge today.

On the other hand, the copy and paste of scriptures to study together can be used very easy- also as easily overided by copy and pasting ideas and writings of the trillions.
I see good points and bad points in this day of knowledge. I think the old way of memorizing or studying is a better over all tool for learning. But it is nice having things right at your desk to look for something quickly.

There is a whole nice study in the bible on this. Would you and some others here like to study it with me and find some scriptures on it together?.

1Cor13:8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I dont see any of these things above actually have STOPPED, but moving toward that direction as in an END to it, except for charity will always be.​
[size=+1]Daniel 12: 4[/size]AAT "But you, Daniel, keep these words and seal the book till the last time. Many will seek it thoroughly, and knowledge will grow."
AB But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great. [Cf. Amos 8:12.]

DHB And thou, Daniel, close the words, and seal the book, till the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Footnote: [shall run to and fro] -- Or "shall diligently investigate." See Job 1:7; 2:2.

EVD "But you, Daniel, keep this message a secret until the time of the end. Many people will go here and there looking for true knowledge. And the true knowledge will increase."

GW "But you, Daniel, keep these words secret, and seal the book until the end times. Many will travel everywhere, and knowledge will grow.
"HBME "So you, Daniel, conceal the events, and seal the record, until the fixed period, when many will travel and knowledge will be increased."

KJV But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

KTC For thyself, Daniel, keep this revelation locked away; sealed up in the record of it must be until the hour appointed. Leave others to hasten to and fro, in search of knowledge.
Footnote: The last part of this verse cannot be rendered with any certainty.

LB "But Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal it up so that it will not be understood until the end times, when travel and education shall be vastly increased."
LBP But you, O Daniel, seal these words and be silent, and seal this book even to the time of the end; many shall want to know the end, and knowledge shall be increased.
LXX And thou, Daniel, close the words, and seal the book to the time of the end; until many are taught, and knowledge is increased.

MNT And now, O Daniel, keep all this a close secret, till the crisis at the end; ere then many shall give way and trouble shall be multiplied on earth.

NAB "As for you, Daniel, keep secret the message and seal the book until the end time; many shall fall away and evil shall increase."
NBV "But you, Daniel, keep the message a secret; seal the Book until the final period; many shall investigate and information shall advance."
Footnote: [shall investigate] -- Literally, shall run back and forth.

NCV "But you, Daniel, close up the book and seal it. These things will happen at the time of the end. Many people will go here and there to find true knowledge."
NEB But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and seal the book till the time of the end. Many will be at their wits' end, and punishment will be heavy.
NIV But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.

NJB "But you, Daniel, must keep these words secret and keep the book sealed until the time of the End. Many will roam about, this way and that, and wickedness will continue to increase."
NRS "But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and the book sealed until the time of the end. Many shall be running back and forth, and evil shall increase."

NWT "As for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about; and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."
REB "But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and seal the book until the time of the end. Many will rush to and fro, trying to gain such knowledge."
SGAT "And now , O Daniel, bind up the words, and seal the book till the time of the end; for many shall prove disloyal, and troubles shall be many."

SISR "But you, Dani'el, hide the words, and seal the book until the time of the end. Many shall diligently search and knowledge shall increase."
TEV He said to me, "And now, Daniel, close the book and put a seal on it until the end of the world. Meanwhile, many people will waste their efforts trying to understand what is happening."

Yes, I Have Been Having Dreams Come True My Whole Life I Have Even Dreamed Of Someone I Never Met And Met Them The Next Day Doing The Same Thing That They Were Doing In My Dream When This Happens I Get A Feeling Of Two Worlds Comming Together It Makes The Hair On Your Neck Stand Up. Sometimes I Go Through Periods When I Don't Have Any Dreams Come True Usualy It's When Im Really Stressed Out Then It Seems I Have Alot Of Symbolic Dreams. I Even Dreamed Of My Son Before I Had Him But In The Dream I Could Not See His Face. Ive Had Lots Of Paranormal Things Happen To Me I Take It As A Blessing Because I Know That A Whole Other Realm Exists. I Feel The Presence Of God

Back