The Miracle of Zamzam water

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score
Salaam to all

I want to share this interesting information with the members of this peaceful forum .Zamzam is the name of the well that provides the water billions of people have thirstily drunk from throughout history, especially during the Hajj pilgrimage.
It is linked to some of the most important personalities in world history: the Prophets Abraham and Ismail (peace be upon them) and Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), as well as Ismail's mother Hajira (may Allah be pleased with her).
The Zamzam well is located in Makkah, which is the heart of the Hajj pilgrimage. Standing only a few meters east of the Kaba, the well is 35 meters deep and topped by an elegant dome.

Allah created the well to provide Hajar, the wife of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him), and her baby Prophet Ismail (peace be upon him) with water in the hot, dry valley they were in.In her desperate search for water, Hajar ran seven times back and forth in the scorching heat between the two hills of Safa and Marwa to provide for her baby who was dying of thirst. Today, this same act is a necessary rite of Hajj all Muslims, mothers and fathers, must complete.

Prophet Ibraham settled his family there as part of God's mission for him. The first thing Hajar had to do then, was to look for water in the area. She was searching for it while watching at her son and would run whenever she could not see Ismail. Allah saw her effort and miraculously blessed the spot with a water spring. The appearance of the Zamzam began the settlement of the Makkan valley, where the descendants of Prophet Ismail populated the area.

But as time passed, Prophet Ibrahim and Ismail's monotheistic message which once dominated the region began taking a backseat to pagan, polytheistic beliefs.

Nonetheless, the well of Zamzam retained its importance in later generations. The grandfather of the Prophet, Abdul Muttalib, was honored with the responsibility of taking care of the well and the pilgrims to Makkah.

One of the miracles of Zamzam water is its ability to satisfy both thirst and hunger.

One of the Companions of the Prophet said that before Islam, the water was called "Shabbaa'ah" or satisfying. It was filling and helped them nourish their families.

After Islam, this powerful ability to quench thirst and fill stomachs remained. The Prophet said: "The best water on the face of the earth is the water of Zamzam; it is a kind of food and a healing from sickness."

According to the Muslim collection of Hadith, Abu Dharr Ghifari, a Companion, noted that when he first arrived in Makkah during the early days of Islam, he survived only on Zamzam water for a whole month. Not only did he satisfy his hunger and thirst, he became obese.

More recently, in the last few decades, samples of Zamzam water have been collected by scientists and they have found certain peculiarities that make the water healthier, like a higher level of calcium.

Apart from its ability to serve as satisfying food and drink, Zamzam water's health benefits are also commended. The Prophet said it was a healing from sickness. This is why pilgrims to Makkah to this day collect it in bottles to bring back for relatives and friends back home who are ill.

The Prophet used to carry Zamzam water in pitchers and water skins back to Madinah. He used to sprinkle it over the sick and make them drink it.

Wahab ibn Munabbah, who was of the second generation of Muslims, said 'I swear by Him in whose possession my life is, Allah Ta`ala will relieve the person of all illnesses who drinks Zamzam to his fill and will also grant him good health.'

for more Information about Zamzam water see this link

http://www.islamonline.net/English/hajj/2002/01/literature/article09.shtml

Thanks to all

thanks friend ur post was really informative.What do u mean by mustahabb i have read somewhere that "it is mustahabb to drink zamzam water"...?

muslima said:
thanks friend ur post was really informative.What do u mean by mustahabb i have read somewhere that "it is mustahabb to drink zamzam water"...?
Salaamu Alyckum
Thanks for you too ,Mustahabb in Arabic means desirable in English .Also its encouraged to do any thing which is mustahabb.

Hi Salam
Is the name zamzam mentioned in Quran; or that it is a miracle. In a way everything created by GodAllahYHWH is a miracle as a human beings cannot create anything like that.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

Hi Salam
Is the name zamzam mentioned in Quran; or that it is a miracle. In a way everything created by GodAllahYHWH is a miracle as a human beings cannot create anything like that.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam:confused: bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

Hi

Zamzam was opened by the angel Jibril, to save Hagar and her son Ismail from dying of thirst, when they were out in the desert. From the sources available, the Zamzam appears to have been revered since long before Mohammad(PUH), that is from pre-Islamic times.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best water on the face of the earth is the water of Zamzam; it is a kind of food and a healing from sickness.” (Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3302).

For more Information click here
ZamZam Water

I turn back to your's explaining about what had called ((Ahmadiy)) as an a cect of Islamic faith,,,,,,

The truth is this ((Ahmadiy)) not an Islamic faith at all,,

all Muslims know that

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the founder of Ahmadiyya Movement (also known as Qadianism or Mirzaiyyat) which was founded in 1889 in the Punjab, India. His main claim is that he is the "Promised Messiah" and "The Mahdi". However Promised Messiah in the Quran refers only to Prophet Isa (Jesus), Muslim scholars all unanimously agree on that.

Thanks for all

Zamzam was opened by the angel Jibril, to save Hagar and her son Ismail from dying of thirst

Hi
Please provide reference form Quran, the foremost and the most reliable source of Islam.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

Hi
Please provide reference form Quran, the foremost and the most reliable source of Islam.
Thanks

Slaam

The well of Zamzam is a responding from Allah to a call from our prophet Ibrahim (PUH),,,,, you can read in Surah Ibrahim (abraham)(14/37)

"O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation, by Thy Sacred House; in order, O our Lord, thatthey may establish regular Prayer: so fill the hearts of some among menwith love towards them, and feed them with fruits: so that they may givethanks.""

thanks

Slaam

The well of Zamzam is a responding from Allah to a call from our prophet Ibrahim (PUH),,,,, you can read in Surah Ibrahim (abraham)(14/37)

"O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation, by Thy Sacred House; in order, O our Lord, thatthey may establish regular Prayer: so fill the hearts of some among menwith love towards them, and feed them with fruits: so that they may givethanks.""

thanks

Hi
So, it is not mentioned in Quran by name. Do you cosider the fruits that are sold there imported from different countries sort of same sacred? There is no dearth of miracles in Islam, so one should present what is definitely mentioned in Quran.
Thanks

Hi
So, it is not mentioned in Quran by name. Do you cosider the fruits that are sold there imported from different countries sort of same sacred? There is no dearth of miracles in Islam, so one should present what is definitely mentioned in Quran.
Thanks

Ok

First of all, as muslims we must follow our prophet

inhumility.. let me ask you this question:)

what do you say about this well (Zamzam) if millions of people each year.. drinking and taking from it since more than thousand of years ?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Let me sum up some of the features of Zamzam water: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]* Never Dried Up:This well has never dried up. On the contrary it has always fulfilled the demand for water. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*Same Salt composition:It has always maintained the same salt composition and taste ever since it came into existence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*Portability:Its portability has always been universally recognised as pilgrims from all over the world visit Ka'aba every year for Hajj and umrah, but have never omplained about it. Instead, they have always enjoyed the water that refreshes them. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*Universal taste:Water tastes different at different places. Zamzam water's appeal has always been universal. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]*No Biological Growth:This water has never been chemically treated or chlorinated as is the case with water pumped into the cities.Biological growth and vegetation usually takes place in most wells. This makes the water unpalatable owing to the growth of algae causing taste and odour problems. But in the case of the Zamzam water well, there wasn't any sign of biological growth.[/FONT]

ðWe Muslims know that this water have special effects,,,and our prophet told us about it

thanks​

Salaam sister Friend :)

MashAllah this is a good informative thread; JazakAllah Khair

My username was 'Freind' and remember you said to me 'how comes you chose my name'? lol, so now I changed it to Abdullah to avoid confusion :)

Your doing a great job sis, keep it up :)

Salaam.

Salaam sister Friend :)

MashAllah this is a good informative thread; JazakAllah Khair

My username was 'Freind' and remember you said to me 'how comes you chose my name'? lol, so now I changed it to Abdullah to avoid confusion :)

Your doing a great job sis, keep it up :)

Salaam.

Wa3alyk alaslam my brother Abdullah:)

I'm sorry because i asked you about that
eb71e544c7.gif

Allah bless you and your effort

and thanks for your post here

Back