A Yoga Forum?

Krisha Mitra Das

Ethical Vegan Yogini
Reaction score
I've noticed there isn't a forum area for Yoga.

I'm sure most people here know that yoga isn't just asana poses; it's a philosophy, so I think it would be a good idea to include Yoga somewhere for deep discussion, plus maybe educating some people who didn't know Yoga is deeper than how Westerners popularized it.

Actually, I'm more of a Yogi than a Hindu, so another reason I would like to see a forum on it, maybe discussions on the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali, Yamas and Niyamas, the four life stages of a yogi's life--called yoga ashram....and all that is Yoga.

Oh! And I have some awesome yoga documentaries I can suggest to a Yoga forum!

Anyway, just thought I'd suggest it.

Last edited:
I've noticed there isn't a forum area for Yoga.

I'm sure most people here know that yoga isn't just asana poses; it's a philosophy, so I think it would be a good idea to include Yoga somewhere for deep discussion, plus maybe educating some people who didn't know Yoga is deeper than how Westerners popularized it.

Actually, I'm more of a Yogi than a Hindu, so another reason I would like to see a forum on it, maybe discussions on the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali, Yamas and Niyamas, the four life stages of a yogi's life--called yoga ashram....and all that is Yoga.

Oh! And I have some awesome yoga documentaries I can suggest to a Yoga forum!

Anyway, just thought I'd suggest it.
Do you think it should go in the Eastern Religions and Philosophies forum? Would that be the right place for it? Or in the Belief and Spirituality forum? I'm sure it can be done :)

Would you like to write an introduction essay sort of thing?

Thank you so much!

You mean the first post being an introduction? I have only been a Yogi for 4 years so I'm not an expert (yet), but I have some essays from my blog I can dig up and combine to come up with an introduction.

Thank you so much!
Thank you!
You mean the first post being an introduction? I have only been a Yogi for 4 years so I'm not an expert (yet), but I have some essays from my blog I can dig up and combine to come up with an introduction.
Great
Whatever you do write, is better than what exists now, which is nothing?
Preferably as much self created content as you can, accompanied by a link or two, but not long tracts cut and pasted from wikpedia?
And no hurry. All the time in the world, to add and edit stuff as you go along?

Alright. Will do! :)
Great. Your thread will be stuck at the top of the Yoga forum. People can reply to it or start new threads. It will probably take a little time to build up.

You can just add to and edit your intro thread there as much as you want and need to, as time goes along?

Back