Purim

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Reaction score
Purim is coming to the end.

I hope all who celebrated enjoyed the holiday.

I apologize for not posting greetings yesterday.

Who baked, or at least ate hamantaschen? What kind?

There were some with raspberry jam on sale at the local Turkish grocery. We live in a very multicultural part of town. We also had some other type of sweets with poppyseed filling, which is a favorite with everyone in my family, but nobody wanted to bake.

Last edited:
Another year gone by.

Purim begins this Wednesday evening.

Have a joyous Purim, all who celebrate!

I've had the privilege to see a really beautiful Scroll of Esther a few years ago.

Chocolate hazelnut hamentaschen as well as Irish cream ones (I reduced the sugar due to diabetes since I didn't want to get sick.) I shared the Irish cream ones with a couple of the Celtic Studies instructors since St. Patrick's Day was the same time as Purim. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
Irish cream hamentaschen! Apple hamentaschen! Cherry hamentaschen! Cheese hamentaschen! There are other flavours (no prune, though.) :kitty:s are here with their wagons if anyone's interested.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Irish cream hamentaschen! Apple hamentaschen! Cherry hamentaschen! Cheese hamentaschen! There are other flavours (no prune, though.) :kitty:s are here with their wagons if anyone's interested.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Tomorrow night begins Purim. My wife made hamentaschen with the “help” of our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter - cherry, prune and chocolate. Chag sameach to all who celebrate.

Tomorrow night begins Purim. My wife made hamentaschen with the “help” of our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter - cherry, prune and chocolate. Chag sameach to all who celebrate.
Yum!

How do you celebrate?
I know that it's late and I don't play @RabbiO (even on tv) but it's traditional to "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you might die." (basically within reason, though.)

The exact quote is that one is to eat/drink until they cannot tell the difference between Hamam and Mordechai, staying away from behind-the-wheel (OWI) or if one has a medical reason to avoid such foolishness (I avoid it due to diabetes and a cardiac condition.) Purim is kinda like Mardi Gras, iirc, celebrated for the same reason (clearing as much prohibited items so cleaning for Passover is easier vs. cleaning for Easter, which usually fall around each other.) RabbiO can explain it better than I can, though...

I grant permission for other moderators to edit my post if it's inappropriate.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back