Jewelry, Amulets, Rings...

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Cino, Apr 23, 2022.

1. badger

badger Well-Known Member

I like the strap, it would be comfortable for me.
    And I like the face and hands.... if I'm going to wear a watch I want to see what the time is quickly without have to search for the hands. A friend gave me a watch which I liked but I couldn't see the hands...they were a similar colour to the watch face, so I had to open the watch up, remove the vwinder, extract the works and then paint the hands black before putting it all back together..... I can see them now. :)

2. RJM

RJM God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Mine is powered by light, so it never needs battery change. I like white hands on a dark face, easier to see.

badger likes this.
  3. badger

badger Well-Known Member

Yes........ I need to see hands easily.

I buy digital watches at boot fairs and service them, but I don't buy 2nd hand solar powered watches because when their batteries have failed I cannot change these easily. But to buy a solar powered watch from new is a great idea because they run for many years if worn, or kept in the light.

RJM likes this.
  4. RJM

But you know @badger if you find a solar watch that has run down, if you leave it in light from a window, it will almost always recover and start ticking again even if it takes a week or two.

You sound like an interesting fellow. Watch repair is far too fiddly for someone like me. I just lack patience. Do you watch any watch repair channels on you tube? I find it so relaxing. I like this guy:
    https://youtube.com/c/NekkidWatchmaker

5. RJM

My work. It's a scent bottle

upload_2022-5-3_8-31-23.png

badger and Cino like this.
  6. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

Nice work, @RJM! How does the stopper seal, is it ground or is there some kind of washer?

7. RJM

I grind it to fit

8. Ella S.

Ella S. Utilitarian Logician

I used to make clocks and repair watches as a hobby, but they were all analog. The clockwork fascinates me.

badger and RJM like this.
  9. badger

badger Well-Known Member

Brilliant.
    You must know much much more about furnaces than myself, and blowing glass must be a wonderful ability. I sometimes see glass blowing on telly and it is just amazing to me.
    What temperatures must you reach for glass blowing?

10. RJM

The answer is it depends in the glass. The furnace glass is worked around 1200 to 1300c, but I work borosilicate glass with oxy-propane, so it's hotter. I never know the exact temp

badger likes this.
  11. RJM

@badger
    I'm a torchwork, flamework glassblower. I rent my work area from a furnace studio and shop which gives me direct access to customers.

I can do a bit of furnace glassblowing, but it is not what I do do for my living as a trade

12. badger

badger Well-Known Member

I imagine that 12-1300degree furnaces large enough for glass-blowing would be expensive and sizeable.
    I can scrape up 1050dregrees within a tiny bricked furnace with MAP gas, enough for silver/gold and even copper in tiny quantities. But I only need to melt/caste very small amounts.

RJM likes this.
  13. RJM

Indeed. They work tons of glass and sell internationally. But I just rent workspace there:

Last edited: May 9, 2022