Question..

Faithfulservant

Reaction score
The bible has been attacked by some Muslims for its talk of sexuality in Song of Solomons and how it is perverse and not fit for the eyes of the virtuous.. I would like to know how these following things can be explained and how they are accepted by Muslims.

Mohammed's sexual strength is equal to 30 men.

Anas said, "The prophet used to visit all his wives in an hour round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the prophet was given the strength of thirty (men). " Vol. 1:268

Mohammed married a 9 year old girl.

"Narrated Aisha that the prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."Vol. 7:64

Allah hurries to please Mohammed's sexual desires.

When the Quranic verse that allows Mohammed to postpone the turn of any wife was revealed, and when Mohammed said that Allah allowed him to marry his adopted son's wife, Aisha (one of his wives) told him, "O Allah's Apostle I do not see but that your Lord hurries in pleasing you. " Vol. 7:48

When a woman is divorced irrevocably, she can not return to her husband until she marries (including having sexual intercourse) with another man.

"Narrated Aisha: The wife of Rifaa Al-Qurazi came to Allah's Apostle and said, 'O Allah's Apostle, Rifaa divorced me irrevocably. After him I married Abdur-Rahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi who proved to be impotent.' Allah's Apostle said to her, 'Perhaps you want to return to Rifaa? Nay (You cannot return to Rifaa) until you and Abdur-Rahman (the impotent man) engage in sexual intercourse!" Vol. 7:186

Faithfulservant said:
Mohammed married a 9 year old girl.

"Narrated Aisha that the prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."Vol. 7:64
Salaam
to understand the truth about this claim you must know this part of the prophet life , and the wisdom behind this marrige , and you must know that Al Saiedah Aisha lived after the prophet long life teaching Muslims about their religion .
The Marrige of Lady Aisha and Sawda
After three years of this constant struggle when Mohamed was fifty-three years old, a relative called Khawla went to him and pointed out that his house was sadly neglected and that his daughters needed a mother to look after them. Mohamed was aware of that, but he had never thought of re-marriage.

“But who can take the place of Khadija?” he asked in wonder.

“Aisha, the daughter of Abu Bakr,” she answered.

Abu Bakr was Mohamed's dearest friend, and more than once he had risked his life to save Mohamed's, and more than once he had risked his livelihood and possessions for the sake of Islam. He had dedicated his whole life to the service of Allah and his Messenger. Honor was Abu Bakr's due, Mohamed felt, and to bring him and his tribe closer to him was a service to Islam, but Abu Bakr's daughter was a pretty little girl of seven years old, hardly the person to take care of his daughters.

But she is very young,” he said.

Khawla had a solution for everything. He was to marry at the same time Sawda, the widow of Al-Sakran ibn Amr. She had been the first woman to emigrate to Abyssinia for the sake of her religion and had endured much for the sake of Islam and was then living with her aged father, her husband having died. She was middle-aged, rather plump, with a jolly, kindly disposition, just the right person to take care of growing little girls. So Mohamed gave permission to Khawla to speak to Abu Bakr and to Sawda on the subject.

Both parties accepted, feeling that it was a great honor. Sawda went to live in Mohamed's house and immediately took over the care of his daughters and household, while Aisha became betrothed to him and remained in her father's house playing with her dolls.

Some years later after Mohamed and Abu Bakr emigrated to Medina, Aisha became Mohamed's bride at the request of Abu Bakr. Abu Bakr was a man with broad vision who traveled and studied much, and who had a wide knowledge of the wisdom of the Arabs and was the authority on Arab genealogy. He was very fond of poetry and taught Aisha and her older sister, Asma the best of Arab verse and Arab proverbs.

When she was removed to Mohamed's house, he found in her an apt and avid pupil, quick to learn, with a quick and accurate memory. Very intelligent, she soon became a keen scholar and would sit and argue with others. Whenever she beat someone else in argument, Mohamed used to smile and say,

“She is the daughter of Abu Bakr.”

She became so learned that one of her contemporaries used to say that if the knowledge of Aisha were placed on one side of the scale and that of all other women in the other, Aisha's would win. She used to sit with the women and teach them about the precepts and rituals of Islam which the Messenger had taught her, and long after the Messenger and Abu Bakr passed away she was a source of reference on the practice of Islam and the words of the Messenger as applied to both men and women. It is an example of Divine wisdom that she went to Mohamed's house so young, absorbed so much, and was able to transmit it to another generation intact.

Besides being a scholar, Aisha was a very graceful young woman with comely features. A friendship grew up between her and Sawda when she was removed to Mohamed's house as a little girl and Sawda took care of her with the rest of the household. When Aisha grew up, Sawda passed up her share of the Prophet's time in favor of Aisha and was content to manage his household and be

“the Mother of the Believers.”

Being the daughter of Abu Bakr, who on one occasion had given away all his capital for the sake of religion, and the wife of Mohamed, who kept nothing for himself, she was very generous. One day the Messenger had an offering killed. According to Islam, the giver of an offering is entitled to retain a part, one third, and the rest is to go to the poor. It was, Aisha's job to distribute the meat to the poor. And when she had finished giving to all the poor, she found that she had left nothing for the Messenger's large household except the neck of the animal. Distressed, she went to Mohamed and said,

“I have been able to save nothing but this.”

“That is the only part you have not saved,” said the Messenger smiling. For what goes to Allah is saved indeed.

Aisha had charming ways and the Messenger grew very fond of the young woman who was brought to his house as a little girl and grew up under his care.

One day an elderly lady came to visit them and Mohamed was most attentive to her. After she left, Aisha asked who she was and Mohamed said,

“She used to visit us in the days of Khadija.”

Anything that reminded him of his beloved Khadija was dear to him.

On another occasion he heard the voice of Hala, Khadija's sister, in the courtyard outside and hurried out to meet her. Annoyed, Aisha later said to him.

“Khadija was an old woman, and Allah has given you better than her.”

“By Allah,” he said, “my Lord has not given me better than her. She trusted me when people scorned, she believed in me when people denied, she comforted me with her money when people deprived me, and Allah has given me issue from her to the exception of other women.”

Aisha says, “I learnt to hold my tongue where Khadija was concerned.”

Mohamed was most kind to all people, and gallant as well as kind to women, but he had loyalties that he allowed no one to approach. He never forgot someone who did him a good turn, and Khadija's memory he held very dear.

Thanks

Faithfulservant said:
When the Quranic verse that allows Mohammed to postpone the turn of any wife was revealed, and when Mohammed said that Allah allowed him to marry his adopted son's wife, Aisha (one of his wives) told him, "O Allah's Apostle I do not see but that your Lord hurries in pleasing you. " Vol. 7:48
Salaamu Alyckum

you should know that each of the women who entered the life of the Messenger, and in consequence into the life and customs of all Muslims, was of well-known and noble lineage. Each of them in her own way was exemplary as an individual, and each had special characteristics or circumstances that make it imperative for Muslims to study her life and emulate it. The women in the Messenger's life were exceptional women, just as the men who helped him were very great indeed, but besides the overpowering light of the Messenger they seem no different from the common run of men. It is when each is studied apart and individually that one discovers how truly great these early Muslims were.
Islam had become the most important and widespread religion in the peninsula and the Messenger adhered strictly to the principle in the Koran that each shall worship as his conscience dictates. He warned his followers never to try and tempt any of the People of the Book away from their religion. Idol worshippers he did try to convince of the stupidity of worshipping stone or wood, but those who had a holy book he left strictly to their conscience.

He made a pact with the monks of Sinai, granting them protection, security, freedom of worship, and exemption from all taxes. The monks have preserved this pact, and those who visit Sinai can still see it). All this he did in the seventh century when dreadful persecutions were being undertaken by others in the name of religion. While Cyrus, the agent of Heraclius in Egypt, was torturing and mutilating the Christian Copts in order to force them to adhere to the decrees of the Council of Chaldea, the Messenger was far in advance of the rest of the world in thought and action.

Each of the stories of the Messenger's wives has contributed something of value to Islam, a precedent and a heritage. The theory is found in the Holy Koran, but people do not understand by theory alone, it has to be actualized-they have to have the living example before them to understand.

From the story of the lady Khadija one learns much. One learns that the person who had the honor of being the first Muslim after the Messenger was a woman. Then it shows how great, sincere, steadfast and wise a woman can be. It reveals that marriage can be an ideal relationship of mutual love and respect. Over and above all, it shows that women can and are allowed to work in Islam. For many centuries after the Messenger and those great early Muslims passed away, there came the narrow-minded who would confine women at home. To these one points out the story of the lady Khadija who managed her trade business very successfully.

To those who say that women should not learn, that their place is in the house, one could point out that the Messenger urged men to teach their wives and daughters, but more than that one could point out the shining example of the lady Aisha and the service she did to Islam by her learning.

To those who thirst for revenge, one could point out how the Messenger sent to far-off Abyssinia to rescue the daughter of one of his staunchest enemies. The Koran points out that the sins of the parents are not to be visited upon the children, and in the Messenger's behavior to both Umm Habiba and Safiyya, the daughters of two of his worst enemies, is the living proof.

From the story of U mm Salama one learns that fatherless children are the responsibility of the whole community. They should not be ignored nor neglected nor wronged. The Koran gives orphans very clear rights, but it is in the application of these rights that the Messenger excelled.

If any should develop religious zeal against Christians and Jews, one could always point to the Messenger's being married, once to a Christian and once to a Jewess, and his memorable words in consequence,

“He who insults one of the people of the Book has insulted me.”

Unselfish and unworldly each of the “Mothers of Believers” tried to do her best according to the abilities Allah had bestowed on her-such were the wives of the Messenger and such should Muslim women be.

Faithfulservant said:
When a woman is divorced irrevocably, she can not return to her husband until she marries (including having sexual intercourse) with another man.

"Narrated Aisha: The wife of Rifaa Al-Qurazi came to Allah's Apostle and said, 'O Allah's Apostle, Rifaa divorced me irrevocably. After him I married Abdur-Rahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi who proved to be impotent.' Allah's Apostle said to her, 'Perhaps you want to return to Rifaa? Nay (You cannot return to Rifaa) until you and Abdur-Rahman (the impotent man) engage in sexual intercourse!" Vol. 7:186

Salaamu Aluckum

This is incomplete part of the Islamic rules regarding divorce, to understand it you must know the rules of divorce in Islam, it is a big issue I can't give complete information about this issue, but summaries some information. (Before that I should say that the part you mention above was to urge Muslims to think seriously before take a decision of divorce for the third time divorce)

Islam discourages divorce, but recognizes it as a necessity in certain cases. There are some rules of divorce and remarriage between the divorced parties. Divorced parties may get married to others. However, women must wait for some months before remarrying. This ensures that paternity of any child is clearly established. man can divorce his wife by saying or writing an expression that can mean nothing else, such as "you are divorced" or "I am no longer your husband". The woman must hear it or read it. Women have the right of divorce for the same reasons; such as fighting, incompatibility, inability to support, or adultery. However, women need to go to a Muslim judge to explain to him the reasons, and he will issue the divorce on accordance. A man can give his wife the right to divorce in the same way he can, by saying or writing it. This permission can be given to her in the marriage contract or later. The woman can also divorce her husband if she does not like him by paying back the dowry. A divorce from the woman's side is called Khul` in Islam. The `Iddah of Al-Khul` is one menstruation period (or one month) to make sure that the woman is not pregnant. This is probably loss of a chance open for making up and going back to each other without remarriage. When the divorce is issued by the husband, the couple can reunite without remarriage during the `Iddah that follows the first and second divorces.
Allah (s.w.t.) said: {{And if you fear that they may not be able to keep the limits of Allah, in that case it is no sin for either of them if the woman ransoms herself. These are the limits of Allah. Transgress them not. For whoso transgresses Allah's limits, such are wrongdoers.}} [Al-Qur'an: Al-Baqarah (2:229)].
If the husband is away from his wife longer than a certain period of time, the wife has the right to divorce him if she chooses. The length of the period is six months according to Imam Ahmad and one year according to Imam Malik. This indicates that Islam has a high regard for human needs, and Islam acknowledges that the absence of the husband for a long period of time can cause harm to the wife. If the judge knows where the husband is, he can send a letter to him asking him to come back; otherwise, a divorce would be issued. A similar divorce is issued on the request of the woman if her husband is sentenced to a long period of time in jail.
Divorce is invalid if the person who issued it was drunk, very angry, or forced into it, (by a gun for example). It would be invalid a man issued it by a mistake, during her menstruation period, or if the couple has had intercourse during the interval between her latest menstruation (if she menstruates) and the time the divorce is issued, because she might not know if she had conceived a child, and would not know when to begin calculating her `Iddah.
The couple can be divorced only three times. Divorcing all those three times means that the couple is not meant for each other and they should never marry each other again, unless she marries another man (for the purpose of marriage) and gets divorced for a good reason (not for remarrying the former husband). Allah knows well the intentions; it would be adultery if the woman remarried to divorce and remarry her first husband.
After the first divorce, the woman and the man cannot touch each other, but can live together if they choose to, for three monthly periods, three months if she does not have a period, or until the woman gives birth if she is pregnant. This period is called `Iddah in Islam. In the case of widowing, the `Iddah is four months and ten days unless she is pregnant, in which case it will be until she gives birth. There is no `Iddah if a man marries a woman and then divorces her before having intercourse with her. In this case, the couple cannot stay together after divorce If the man and woman touch each other it will nullify the first divorce, and the couple will be considered reunited. If the `Iddah comes to an end without the couple resuming marital relations, they should not live together anymore. If they choose to go back to each other after the `Iddah period, they must perform a new marriage. The same process applies to the second divorce. After the third divorce, they must leave each other permanently and immediately.

I read somewhere also that the reason for the three months was to make sure that she was not pregnant with another mans child.. Is it true that a child of someones elses seed is treated as a slave?

Thank you for your patience in answering my questions Friend

Faithfulservant said:
I read somewhere also that the reason for the three months was to make sure that she was not pregnant with another mans child.. Is it true that a child of someones elses seed is treated as a slave?

Thank you for your patience in answering my questions Friend
Salaam

the wisdom behind the three months is to give the man and woman the chance to think and return before they take the final decision ,also to be sure if the woman was pregnant that the embryo he have was for this man whom she want to divorce from him,and this not to treated this child as a slave but just to determine his lineage for healthy purposes ,this woman can marry new man and bring up her baby with her new husband without problem but his family name must be related to his original father.

Thanks

Just to return to earlier points - I presume that we're talking about Hadith here??

Also - if a very young girl is married, it doesn't necessarily equate that the marriage was consumated until some time after?

Ah, thanks for the update. :)

Sounds like your source was trying a bit of the old "character assassination" - I've seen that from atheists, who by way of "alma" argue that Mary would have been around 14 years old - effectively turning Joseph, dad of Jesus, into some kind of paedophile by modern standards.

Back