Love for all of nature including all people everywhere

Longfellow

Reaction score
I think that Hal David and Jackie deShannon nailed it:

What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
No not just for some, but for everyone

It's also not just anything that anyone calls "love." It's an attitude and a kind of behavior towards all of nature including all people everywhere, which includes caring deeply what happens to them and wishing the best for them, without drawing any lines of alienation, including belief lines, between us and other people, or making any other excuses for not caring about the damage to some other people's lives and to the world around us from what we are doing or promoting for governments, institutions or other people to do.

(later) I see that kind of love for all of nature including all people everywhere as a possible foundation of morality for all people, no matter if they believe in some god, gods or scriptures, or not.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for many months that the prejudices that most urgently need to be addressed are prejudices across liberal/conservative divides in religion and politics. I thought about that while I was writing the opening post in this thread, but now I remember another thought that I had, that prejudices across liberal/conservative divides are actually telltale signs of racial, religious, national and other kinds of prejudices that people are hiding from themselves and each other, a masquerade and desperate last stand for those prejudices. If so, then it would be a mistake for me to trouble myself and other people about prejudices across liberal/conservative divides. What needs to change is still all the old prejudices that people are fooling themselves and trying to fool others into thinking that they don't have. I already know what to do about that, and I'm already doing it.

(later) Maybe not always signs of other prejudices. Maybe signs and symptoms of the same human weaknesses that produce other prejudices. Maybe the growing and spreading animosities across liberal/conservative divides are a result of people denying and repressing their other prejudices without learning to grow out of them.

Last edited:
I see that kind of love for all of nature including all people everywhere as a possible foundation of morality for all people, and for fellowship and collaboration between them, no matter if they believe in some god, gods or scriptures, or not.

Back