Absolute Truth

Beliefs on their own can do no harm. It is what we choose to do with our belief that can cause good or evil.
Yes and no. Yes, in the sense that a belief that leads to good action and doesn't lead to bad action is good even if it doesn't meet absolute truth.
But a misguided belief may harm the soul; e.g., if someone thinks that all disbelievers should be killed, it will harm the soul even if the person doesn't actually kill all people he or she thinks are disbelievers.

Is there a difference between truth and 'a believed idea'?
Yes, there is.
There are objective truths.
Are some harder to ascertain? Again yes. Are some harder to ascertain for oneself? Sure.
Is it not fair to say, though, that it was once believed that evil spirits caused illnesses and it is now known that microscopic pathogens are the cause?
Is it not fair to say that oops, I believed my cat was inside, but I now know they were out on the porch? And now I have made sure they are inside? 🤔
😾

But Reality IS, regardless of experience. I can agree with you that the mind categorizes memories, so each individual will have a different memory library, based on their personal experiences...each experiences the whole, but in a unique way.

Reality exists whether we believe it or not, it simply is
YES 😑 👍

@TheLightWithin
Yes, you can verify a truth for the present. But we live in a reality that always has an uncertain future and our natural and created tools of information have limited spheres of access. The truths of scientific medicine in the past are very different from its truths today. Even with science as the best system for finding the closest approximation of a truth over time, what is disseminated to the public may be intentionally altered into a deception for personal gain by those claiming to speak the truth.

Due to ongoing but not so commonly paraded facts like the replication crisis, fields of science like biology, medicine and psychology in particular are not the rock hard bastions of truth we are led to believe.

@TheLightWithin
Yes, you can verify a truth for the present. But we live in a reality that always has an uncertain future and our natural and created tools of information have limited spheres of access. The truths of scientific medicine in the past are very different from its truths today. Even with science as the best system for finding the closest approximation of a truth over time, what is disseminated to the public may be intentionally altered into a deception for personal gain by those claiming to speak the truth.
Begging apology, I'm not TheLightWithin, and I don't portray her on TV, but if I may?

I know there are those that teach that the "stuff" of reality can be manipulated by certain adepts. The story of the Golem being only one famous example.

I don't fully buy the "manipulation of reality" as anything permanent. G!d has the final say.
Due to ongoing but not so commonly paraded facts like the replication crisis, fields of science like biology, medicine and psychology in particular are not the rock hard bastions of truth we are led to believe.
OK, but this is done by those seeking to exert political power at the highest levels.

There was a time, not so long ago, science was about discovering "truth" in the form of reality. We've come a long way from Descartes, Medieval Alchemy, various Greek scientists and medicine men, and back into Oriental alchemy, and probably to roots in the first proto-human brave enough to deliberately grab the other end of a branch that was on fire.

These times we live in now are not typical times. I'm afraid we are in interesting times...in the Chinese curse sort of way.

These times we live in now are not typical times. I'm afraid we are in interesting times...in the Chinese curse sort of way.
Agree fully with that! The major powers are bumping heads and some newcomers on the scene are also flexin' an' posin'! The US, which became the strongest nation on Earth, through the practice of deception and genocide is now facing threats both within and without which means everyone is on high alert and pretty twitchy. I am curious to see what the world will be like within the next 3 years. Got a feeling that some serious fun is about to unfold and since I have no responsibilities or reproductions and am only eager for death(though not directly through my own hand), I can watch these changes with no fear and am watching with interest.

1696563449596.png

Back