Evil eye? and Musilm sayings?

dani13

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if the evil eye has any connection to the Islamic faith and if not is there anything simiar to this?

Another question:

Cultural sayings or sayings that are said which are commonly used by Musilms example: Haraam (forbidden) are there other sayings like this and if so where can I get hold of them

Thank you
Dani

dani13 said:
Hi I was just wondering if the evil eye has any connection to the Islamic faith and if not is there anything simiar to this?

Another question:

Cultural sayings or sayings that are said which are commonly used by Musilms example: Haraam (forbidden) are there other sayings like this and if so where can I get hold of them

Thank you
Dani
h| dani13,
Regarding the evil eye, it was dealt with in the 'The Science of Hadith' thread. This was asked there by FaithfulServant and answered by Friend. Please look there.
Haraam is an arabic word which refers to something being forbidden. I personally would not call this a cultural term because it is used in connection with what Islamic Law forbids. There are many lists available on the internet which give a list of common Islamic terms. Here is one such webpage:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary.html
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by dani13
Salaamu Alyckum all
The Arabic word al-‘ayn (translated as the evil eye) refers to when a person harms another with his eye. It starts when the person likes a thing, then his evil feelings affect it, by means of his repeated looking at the object of his jealousy. Allah commanded His Prophet Muhammad(puh) to seek refuge with Him from the envier, as He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from the evil of the envier when he envies” [al-Falaq 113:5]

There is hadith of the Prophet (puh) in which it says that “One third of those who are in the grave are there because of the evil eye”.
Everyone who puts the evil eye on another is envious, but not every envier puts the evil eye on another. The word haasid (envier) is more general in meaning than the word ‘aa’in (one who puts the evil eye on another), so seeking refuge with Allaah from the one who envies includes seeking refuge with Him from the one who puts the evil eye on another. The evil eye is like an arrow which comes from the soul of the one who envies and the one who puts the evil eye on another towards the one who is envied and on whom the evil eye is put; sometimes it hits him and sometimes it misses. If the target is exposed and unprotected, it will affect him, but if the target is cautious and armed, the arrow will have no effect and may even come back on the one who launched it. (Adapted from Zaad al-Ma’aad)
* Some experts gave scientific interpretation of the Evil Eye that may influence people , they said that the eyes transmit the pictures to the brain which have the centers of feelings of the person and these centers bounding with the energy of the body , this energy is unobserved energy ,each person have his own energy which can be influenced by others energy negatively or positively .
The spiritual technique involves the energy field that exists around each of us. Everyone has an energy field or an aura that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body. This field is intimately associated with the health of the human being.
In different cultures, energy is known by different names. The word "energy" is referred to as:
Ki in Japanese
Chi in Chinese
Prana in Hindi
Qudra in Arabic
Energy is the life breath transmitted to us from the Existing, Everlasting Superpower that overlooks human beings and all creation. Energy regulates our thought patterns and emotions, is the source of our life force and is the animating factor in all living beings. It circulates through our bodies and can be harnessed for . It is the source of all movement in the universe. When the human body loses its life breath the original energy (or life force) leaves it, allowing the body to decompose. The body goes back to its earthen origins and the spirit returns to its angelic origin of spiritual energy. This energy is never lost and exists without the secret of its nature being understood by science and modern medicine.
The spiritual energetic life force creates an energy field around itself like a highly charged magnet or electrode. This force reflects its energy throughout the human body and becomes the driving life force behind all of its activities and processes. The life force not only energizes the body but also gives it its identity. As an atom is defined by its constituent electrons, protons, and neutrons--which are also its energy components--so too does the spiritual life force give energy and identity to the physical body.
The spiritual energy is analogous to a waterfall. If a waterfall is channeled in the right way, it can be harnessed to produce energy and give light. Similarly, if our blood flow is properly channeled through a balanced, equilibrated system, the driving force of that energy will augment the energy of the weak organs.
In those organs where the life force has been weakened and dissipated, spiritual will increase and activate these vital forces. The spiritual technique allows the life energies to be exponentially expanded to activate the ill member and heal it.
A similar phenomenon is seen in an atomic reaction, where tremendous power is released from the internal energy of the atom. The energy produced increases geometrically as the activated, energized atom spreads its energy to its neighbors, propagating a chain reaction of energy release.
So each of us have a spiritual which is influenced others negatively or positively , also some people receive the impact of others ( negatively or positively ) easier than others . (Only Allah known the truth )
The Muslim has to protect himself against the devils among the evil jinn and mankind, by having strong faith in Allaah and by putting his trust in Him and seeking refuge with Him and beseeching Him, reciting the prayers for protection narrated from the Prophet(puh), reciting al-Mi’wadhatayn [the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan], also Soorat al-Ikhlaas, Soorat al-Faatihah, and Aayat al-Kursi.

Du’aa’s for protection include the following:

A’oodhu bi kalimaat-illaah il-taammati min sharri ma khalaqa (
I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created).

A’oodhu bi kalimaat-illaah il-taammati min ghadabihi wa ‘iqaabihi, wa min sharri ‘ibaadihi wa min hamazaat al-shayaateeni wa an yahduroon (
I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from His wrath and punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the evil promptings of the devils and from their presence).
And one may recite the words of Allaah:

“Hasbi Allaahu laa ilaaha illa huwa, ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabb ul-‘arsh il-‘azeem

(
Allaah is sufficient for me. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne)” [al-Tawbah 9:129 – interpretation of the meaning]

Salaamu Alyckum

I think all of us can observe the influence of " the Evil Eye "in our daily life .

Isn't having an "evil" eye *chuckles* good though? If it is too look on at something with envy, can that not then be motivation and DRIVE that person to excell so they too can have that which they have seen and desire? Or aspire to be the status of another....

The "evil" eye can be used to manipulate and control anothers thoughts?......... This is all way too sci-fi.... Have any of the muslims here experienced witnessed the "evil" eye at work??

But if you read a few clippings from the Quran the eye will bounce off you or miss..... A bit like the possesed demons in the other thread.... All seem like sales pitches to me.. :/

Isn't having an "evil" eye *chuckles* good though? If it is too look on at something with envy, can that not then be motivation and DRIVE that person to excell so they too can have that which they have seen and desire? Or aspire to be the status of another....

The "evil" eye can be used to manipulate and control anothers thoughts?......... This is all way too sci-fi.... Have any of the muslims here experienced witnessed the "evil" eye at work??

But if you read a few clippings from the Quran the eye will bounce off you or miss..... A bit like the possesed demons in the other thread.... All seem like sales pitches to me.. :/

:)
Slaam

It Is not intended that the impact of the evil eye is like magic or
hypnotism
The influence of the evil eye is involuntary ... Not controlled by the person who Enviable.

Sometimes you see a person looking to you Strangely, especially if you got something they did not get it

:(

Then you may face surprise problems cause by that desire of his envy

Back