Reasoning the LHP

I can understand Platonic first form as an ideal. I guess "perfected self" would also be an ideal, much like the Red Mage in the Diabolicon. I can't expect a precise meaning when it is a subjective call. I can't know how you perceive and experience the color green, which is something that can be objectively described as a specific wavelength of light. "Perfected Self" doesn't even have that measurable aspect, so proving it in objective terms per the OP would be near impossible.

Last edited:
I can understand Platonic first form as an ideal. I guess "perfected self" would also be an ideal, much like the Red Mage in the Diabolicon. I can't expect a precise meaning when it is a subjective call. I can't know how you perceive and experience the color green, which is something that can be objectively described as a specific wavelength of light. "Perfected Self" doesn't even have that measurable aspect, so proving it in objective terms per the OP would be near impossible.
You have the ability to experience your GS, you do every time you rise above your mundane self.
No one can experience someone else's consciousness, that is true.

Living with the intention of Becoming More, of realizing one's GS, invites us to cultivate self-awareness and engage in self-reflection. We can continuously assess our beliefs, motivations, and behaviors, seeking opportunities for growth and improvement. This process of self-discovery allows us to shed the layers of conditioning and societal expectations that may be holding us back, and embraces our authentic selves.

It is about embracing the potential within us and committing to our personal evolution. While we may not achieve godlike powers, the transformation we undergo during our journey towards our GS can be seen as a type of rebirth—a shedding of old ways and a blossoming into a more authentic and purposeful existence.

The GS is conscious energy evolving and growing through the experiences of its creations. The physical body provides a vehicle in which the psyche can become aware of itself and then reach out towards the limitlessness of its conscious existence.

"Consciousness exists independently of the brain. It does not depend upon the brain for its survival. Mind is first, the brain is second. The brain is not the creator of mind; it is a powerful tool of the mind. The brain is an antenna/receiver for the mind, like a sophisticated television or cell phone.

Gary Schwartz Ph.D (Professor of psychology, medicine, neurology,
psychiatry, and surgery at the University of Arizona)

You have the ability to experience your GS, you do every time you rise above your mundane self.
No one can experience someone else's consciousness, that is true.

Living with the intention of Becoming More, of realizing one's GS, invites us to cultivate self-awareness and engage in self-reflection. We can continuously assess our beliefs, motivations, and behaviors, seeking opportunities for growth and improvement. This process of self-discovery allows us to shed the layers of conditioning and societal expectations that may be holding us back, and embraces our authentic selves.

It is about embracing the potential within us and committing to our personal evolution. While we may not achieve godlike powers, the transformation we undergo during our journey towards our GS can be seen as a type of rebirth—a shedding of old ways and a blossoming into a more authentic and purposeful existence.

The GS is conscious energy evolving and growing through the experiences of its creations. The physical body provides a vehicle in which the psyche can become aware of itself and then reach out towards the limitlessness of its conscious existence.

"Consciousness exists independently of the brain. It does not depend upon the brain for its survival. Mind is first, the brain is second. The brain is not the creator of mind; it is a powerful tool of the mind. The brain is an antenna/receiver for the mind, like a sophisticated television or cell phone.

Gary Schwartz Ph.D (Professor of psychology, medicine, neurology,
psychiatry, and surgery at the University of Arizona)
In my mind, there is a distinction between "Greater Self" and "Perfected Self." "Greater Self" can simply refer to your unconscious mind together with your conscious mind. I think everyone can agree to having parts of your psyche that you are not consciously aware of. "Perfected Self," however, can be problematic for me to identify. When you say it is Plato's First Form (or what we Buddhists would call nama-rupa,) I can't say it's perfected self. If you identify Alaya (storehouse) consciousness as Self, and Alaya consciousness that has been purged of its unskillful habits, addictions, and delusion as Perfected Self, I can't say that is Perfected Self, either, as the bounds of my psyche are outside of the conscious mind. At least the color green has something by which we can positively identify it: a specific wavelength of light. Is there any identifying thing by which we can correctly identify "Perfected Self?" Once we identify it, doesn't it just become another nama-rupa or First Form?

In my mind, there is a distinction between "Greater Self" and "Perfected Self." "Greater Self" can simply refer to your unconscious mind together with your conscious mind. I think everyone can agree to having parts of your psyche that you are not consciously aware of. "Perfected Self," however, can be problematic for me to identify. When you say it is Plato's First Form (or what we Buddhists would call nama-rupa,) I can't say it's perfected self. If you identify Alaya (storehouse) consciousness as Self, and Alaya consciousness that has been purged of its unskillful habits, addictions, and delusion as Perfected Self, I can't say that is Perfected Self, either, as the bounds of my psyche are outside of the conscious mind. At least the color green has something by which we can positively identify it: a specific wavelength of light. Is there any identifying thing by which we can correctly identify "Perfected Self?" Once we identify it, doesn't it just become another nama-rupa or First Form?
Your dilemma lies in the fact that I coined the word 'Greater Self', so I own the definition. As far as 'Perfected Self' this term I lifted from Ibn 'Arabi and Aziz ad-Din Nasafi's treatise on The Perfect Man.

Both terms have nothing to do with Buddhism.

Your dilemma lies in the fact that I coined the word 'Greater Self', so I own the definition. As far as 'Perfected Self' this term I lifted from Ibn 'Arabi and Aziz ad-Din Nasafi's treatise on The Perfect Man.

Both terms have nothing to do with Buddhism.
So indeed, there is a distinction between the two terms, at least in origin. I admit that I may have some aversion to the term perfect, especially when applied to sentient beings. In my mind, perfect is tied to boring. (Ever notice how beauty marks are imperfections that draw your attention and interest? If perfection is a lack of imperfections, then perfection is uninteresting--aka boring.)

Your mileage may vary.

Back