Short Story: The neglected Jesus Christ

chongjasmine

Reaction score
Wylan Chan was glad he was not like other people out there in the world. He gave most of his money to charity, he was kind to strangers, he seldom told lies and he definitely never murder or steal.

He was really one of the kinder, more righteous people out there in the world.

~~

I am thirsty. Will you give me a drink?

He thirsted after the water Wylan Chan would offer him. But Wylan Chan gave himself in charity to everyone but Him.

I love you, Wylan. Will you love me back?

Wylan was kind to every stranger but Him. He don't need Wylan, no, he don't. He was Jesus, God's son, after-all, so mighty, so powerful, so great. The King of all kings.

Wylan never thought that the Son of God would thirst after the water Wylan gave freely to everyone but Him.

He was the one who the world seek to serve. He was God, and everyone chased after Him. Everyone but Wylan Chan. Wylan Chan only helped the poor and the needy. How could God ever be needy? Wylan loved everyone but Wylan never thought that Jesus, the son of God needed his love as well.

Therefore, Wylan, the kind and merciful buddhist gave his time, gave his energies, gave his money, gave his help and gave his love to everyone but on Jesus, the one who loved him, hungered after his love more than anybody, was needy on the cross because he wanted Wylan to look at him, Wylan never gave one glance.

Jesus wept, because Wylan was kind and give everyone a chance, but Him.

Therefore, Wylan, the kind and merciful buddhist gave his time, gave his energies, gave his money, gave his help and gave his love to everyone but on Jesus, the one who loved him, hungered after his love more than anybody, was needy on the cross because he wanted Wylan to look at him, Wylan never gave one glance.

Jesus wept, because Wylan was kind and give everyone a chance, but Him.
I thought the whole point of the parable was that to help the poor and needy is to help Christ himself?

“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and take you in, or naked and clothe you? Or when did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’
Matthew 25:37-39

Back