Zoroaster preditcs Baha'i

Postmaster

Reaction score
When a thousand two hundred and some years have passed from the inception of the religion of the Arabian (Muhammad) and the overthrow of the kingdom of Iran and the degradation of the followers of My religion, a descendant of the Iranian kings will be raised up as a Prophet.
(Zoroaster - Dinkird)

Note: Bahaullah founder of baha'i, his family can trace back there roots to the Persian dynasty. Islam also destroyed Zoroastrism.

"The magnificent palace complex at Persepolis was founded by Darius the Great around 518 B.C., although more than a century passed before it was finally completed. Conceived to be the seat of government for the Achaemenian kings and a center for receptions and ceremonial festivities, the wealth of the Persian empire was evident in all aspects of its construction. The splendor of Persepolis, however, was short-lived; the palaces were looted and burned by Alexander the Great in 331-330 B.C. The ruins were not excavated until the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago sponsored an archaeological expedition to Persepolis and its environs under the supervision of Professor Ernst Herzfeld from 1931 to 1934, and Erich F. Schmidt from 1934 to 1939. "

Read the whole article at http://www.iranchamber.com/history/persepolis/persepolis1.php

The Epistle of Sasan I in Dasatir contains the prophecy about Prophet Muhammad. Sasan I was a reformer of the Zoroastrian religion. It is believed that this Epistle is a part of the teachings of Prophet Zoroaster, to which Sasan I added his explanatory notes. Some scholars have suggested that the word ‘Dasatir’ means ten (das) parts (tir) while others contend that this word is derived from Dasatur, meaning religious law. The Zoroastrians are also known as ‘Magians’ and ‘Fire Worshipers.’

The Epistle of Sasan I describes future events at a time when Zoroastrians will have forsaken their religious practices. The English translation of the Epistle of Sasan I is presented below.

“When the Persians will do such deeds, a man from among the Arabs will be born whose followers shall overthrow and dissolve the kingdom and religion of the Persians.
And the arrogant people (Persians) will be subjugated.
Instead of the temple of fire and the house of idols they will see the House of Abraham without any idols as their Qibla.

“And they (Muslims) will be a mercy to the worlds.

And they will capture the places of temples of fire, Madain (Ctesiphon), nearby lands, Tus and Balkh, and other eminent and sacred places (of Zoroastrians).
And their leader (Prophet Muhammad) will be an eloquent man whose words and message will be clear and far-reaching.”

The word by word translation of the Epistle of Sasan I is given below. The text of this Epistle is taken from Dasatir published by Mulla Pheroze during the reign of Shah Nasiruddeen Kachar of Persia. Mulla Pheroze lived in Bombay (India) and he was an eminent scholar of Pahlavi, Zend, Persian, and Arabic languages. He consulted with several famous Zoroastrians priests to authenticate his translation. The original text is in Pahlavi.

Attachments

• zoroast15.gif
    zoroast15.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,857
It’s bad enough Alexander the Great (Greek Macedon’s) destroyed a lot of the Zoroastrianism but the Muslims totally did away with it. Alexander the Great actually respected all religions something that was very unique about him at the time, do not be misinformed on Alexander. What Alexander did and his men did were 2 different things, many times they were in dispute and this is what led to his assignation. Don't forget he was announced a God. Also the timing stated in the Prophecies match to Muhammad’s times.

Prophecies are what you make of them, thats the beauti of them, however blind people see them differently.

Yes i agree..... later On When Alexender.... entered India... he fought his Last battle agains Poros.....
and though the History is ambigiuous... it is said.. he defeated Poros....and Yet let him have his Kingdom back....
that a very Unique ACT... a conquerer returing the conquered Land to the one was defeated....
and yes... i read ....somewhere... he regretted.... the Burning of Perispolis....

Re: Zoroaster predicts Baha'i

Hi!

In fact, Islam did not destroy Zoroastrianism, which is still alive today (even of smaller)! Many Zoroastrians have become Baha'i, BTW.

As to the charge of fire-worship, this is false, based merely on a misunderstanding of the Faith of Zoroaster! Zoroastrians worship God just as do the other great religions, and are no more fire-worshippers for having fires kindled in their temples than are Christians because they burn candles at their services.

In fact, the Zoroastrian scriptures have predicted ALL the major religions that have followed it!: Buddhism, Christianity (as demonstrated by the story of the Magi, who were Zoroastrians following Zoroastrian prophecies), Islam, and the Baha'i Faith!

Regards,

Bruce

Re: Zoroaster predicts Baha'i

Zoroastrianism is indeed alive and well and most Zoroastrians would not consider Baha'u'llah as the return of Zoroaster. As well quite a number accept nothing other than the Gathas as scripture which places the Denkerd quite in the waste disposal.

Kiwimac

Comments on Zoroastrian and Persian roots:

I would agree that Zoroastrianism is still alive but maybe not so "well"... A good Parsee friend of mine believes the religion has been in decline for quite some time. I think he was referring to the shrinking size and influence of the community.

Of course, those Zoroastrians that recognize Baha'u'llah become Baha'is with Zoroastrian roots... I've met many where i live.

I think also there's a general pride in Persian roots shared by Zoroastrians, Baha'is and many Persian Moslems, so Naw-ruz customs and other aspects of the culture are continued.

Baha'u'llah's family has deep roots in Mazindaran a region that had a large Zoroastrian population.

Baha'is believe the original texts of the Zoroastrian dispensation have largely been lost...

- Art

Re: Comments on Zoroastrian and Persian roots:

Actually the Gathas, which are the only documents we can say were authored by Zoroaster, have survived quite well. Unfortuantely what has also survived are the 'add-ons' which were created during the Sassanid dynasty and later all of which have added concepts to Mazdayasna which were not there in the beginning.

Kiwimac

i've always been interested in Zoroastrianism... just how large (or small) is the religion, how many Zoroastrians are there? does anyone know what factors have contributed to it's decline (i.e. "alive but not well")? i don't really know much about the religion.

Study of Zoroastrianism worth it!

Zoroastrianism is indeed a fascinating religion to study as many of the ideas such as a final battle betwen good and evil, hierarchies of angels, the eventually triumph of good, the blade like bridge between this world and the next and the idea of a succession of saviours can be found in it. It anrticipated many of the ideas found later in Christianity and Isalm and it influenced Judaism and had ties with ancient Vedic religion.

There are some major online sites about Zoroastrianism today.

The religion has been in my view in a defensive mode for centuries..not taking in new converts and marrying only with it's own ranks. This means the numbers of believers in Zoroastrianism has been steadily declining... I heard of a few offshoot branches of Zoroastrianism but these are usually self styled versions having little to do with the traditional religion.

Many Baha'is with roots in Iran have Zoroastrian roots and will relate their heritage with pride.

- Art

Is the prophecy listed on the first post here written by Bah'ai? What was the date of its writing?

Zoroastrian prophecies:

didymus said:
Is the prophecy listed on the first post here written by Bah'ai? What was the date of its writing?

Well here's the quote...

When a thousand two hundred and some years have passed from the inception of the religion of the Arabian (Muhammad) and the overthrow of the kingdom of Iran and the degradation of the followers of My religion, a descendant of the Iranian kings will be raised up as a Prophet.
(Zoroaster - Dinkird)

I think the book is known more often as the "Dinkard" or "Denkard" rather than the "Dinkird" and it's supposed to be in Pahlavi the sacred language of the Zoroastrians that migrated to India to escape after the fall of the Sassanids to Moslem rule:

"It is written in that form of Pahlavi language, which was current in the Sassanian times (226-641 A.D) and thereafter. It is an extraordinary treatise containing enormous information on the doctrines, tenets, traditions, history and the scriptural and other writings of the Mazdayasni Daena as imbibed in, and observed by, the ancient Iranians."

Source:

http://tenets.zoroastrianism.com/3dinkard33.html

When i quote ancient books i prefer if possible to cite the verse and chapter if available, as a reference point for others to verify but sometimes people just quote....and of course not all manuscripts have been versified or divided into handy sections.

I found a site of prophecies of Baha'u'llah alleged to be from Zoroastrianism sources and it seems the exact quote used in the first post is there. You can easily see this quote in red letters at

http://bci.org/prophecy-fulfilled/zoroaste.htm

This is not a scholarly site. I think a Joel Smith built this site and Joel is a Baha'i.

The quote also appeared earlier in a book by John Farraby called "All Things made New" and gives no other source that "Dinkird". It seems most likely that Joel's source was Ferraby's book. My edition of Farraby's book was a revised edition and published in 1975 and the quote above appears on p. 171. The source is given simply as "Dinkird".

On p. 310 Ferraby indicated "The Dinkird. The passage quoted was translated from the Persian by HM Balyuzi for this book."

Recently. the Research Department which provides information to the Universal House of Justice was unable to identify where this quote came from.

See

http://bahai-library.com/uhj/dinkird.zoroastrianism.html#1

While i have some Pahlavi texts and they have references to various prophecies I haven't seen this particular one...although the general gist is that Saoshyans as a future Saviour is to correct all the wrongs and restore religion and Baha'is with Zoroastrian believe Baha'u'llah fulfilled tehse prophecies.

For a more scholarly article on this subject see the essay "Bahá'u'lláh as Zoroastrian saviour" by Christopher Buck at:

http://bahai-library.com/articles/buck.zoroaster.html

- Art :)

Last edited:
Back