Thrilled to find this forum

didymus

Reaction score
Hey everybody, can't tell you how glad I am to be here. Already this feels like home to me. I'm coming through a serious spiritual battle that isn't quite over yet. I do feel like I'm moving towards something new though. My light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been tangled up in christiananity for some time now. On and off for 11 years or so. I finally got up the nerve to take a stand against certain doctrines that never sat well with me. Anyone here who has been an active christian ( especially in some of the evangelical circles) can appreciate how difficult it is to walk away. I found out the devil isn't after me after all.

My departure from this familiarity was in part to several things, a co-worker heavily entrenched in Gnostic research and my girlfriend who was a former Wiccan. This was some serious mind expansion. What a relief though to accept other ideas and not judge another. I found out that gnostisicm is very reverant to Jesus and that wicca has some very beautiful ideas and beliefs. No sacrafices and devil worship as my christian pals would have me believe.

Anyway, I just want to discuss openly different ideas with people. Hopefully I'll learn some things.

Hi didymus, and welcome to CR. :)

I'll certainly not claim that you'll find answers here - but hopefully you can engage in some interesting discussions with people across a wide spectrum of faiths. :)

Back