Covenant

robocombot

Disciple
Reaction score
Judaism sees itself as under the Mosiac Covenant.

Christianity sees itself under a new Covenant inaugerated by Christ.

Does Islam sees itself under the Mosiac, Christian or a new Mohammedian Covenant?

robocombot said:

Does Islam sees itself under the Mosiac, Christian or a new Mohammedian Covenant?
Salaamu Alyckum

robocombot. welcome to CR-Islam,Islam is under the covenant of Allah , Allah present himself for us in his book (Al Quraan) through his messenger (peace upon him) Mohameed .Mohameed just transmit what he heard from the angel Jebrial (puh).

Exodus 24:8
"Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, "This is the blood of the covenant that the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words."

Jeremiah 31:31
"The time is coming," declares the LORD , "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah"

Christians belive this new Covenant was established through Jesus.

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

Does Mohammed either establish a new Covenant or is he fulfilling the old one. Please show how this is achieved from passages in Al Quran.

Does Mohammed either establish a new Covenant or is he fulfilling the old one. Please show how this is achieved from passages in Al Quran.
Salaamu Alyckum

According to my understanding of your aim from this question ,I think that Mohameed didn’t establish new religion , all prophets came to the same purpose “ believe that Allah is the only God “ ,so he fulfilled the old heavenly religions , Islam is religion of all prophets as what is mentioned in Al Quraan .

Say: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and the revelation given to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) the prophets from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another of them, and to Him we are Muslims (submitters) ."(2:136)

--------------------------------------------

This is all verses in Al Quraan which refers to the word “ covenant “,just for Information

Covenant with tribe of Israel

Remember when We made the covenant with you and lifted up the Mount above your heads: 'Take hold vigorously of what We have given you and pay heed to what is in it, so that hopefully you will guard against evil.' (2:63)

Remember when We made a covenant with the tribe of Israel: 'Worship none but Allah and be good to your parents and to relatives and orphans and the very poor. And speak good words to people. And perform prayer and give the alms.' But then you turned away-except a few of you-you turned aside. (2:83)

And when We made a covenant with you not to shed your blood and not to expel one another from your homes, you agreed and were all witnesses. (2:84)

Allah made a covenant with those given the Book: 'You must make it clear to people and not conceal it.' But they toss it in disdain behind their backs and sell it for a paltry price. What an evil sale they make! (3:187)

Allah made a covenant with the tribe of Israel and We raised up twelve leaders from among them. Allah said, 'I am with you. If you perform prayer and give the alms, and believe in My Messengers and respect and support them, and make a generous loan to Allah, I will erase your wrong actions from you and admit you into Gardens with rivers flowing under them. Any of you who disbelieve after that have gone astray from the right way.' (5:12)

But because of their breaking of their covenant, We have cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort the true meaning of words and have forgotten a good portion of what they were reminded of. You will never cease to come upon some act of treachery on their part, except for a few of them. Yet pardon them, and overlook. Allah loves good-doers. (5:13)

We made a covenant with the tribe of Israel and We sent Messengers to them. Each time a Messenger came to them with something their lower selves did not desire, they denied some and they murdered others. (5:70)

An evil generation has succeeded them, inheriting the Book, taking the goods of this lower world, and saying, 'We will be forgiven.' But if similar goods come to them again they still take them. Has not a covenant been made with them in the Book, that they should only say the truth about Allah and have they not studied what is in it? The Final Abode is better for those who guard against evil. Will you not use your intellect? (7:169)

Covenant with Christians
We also made a covenant with those who say, 'We are Christians,' and they too forgot a good portion of what they were reminded of. So We stirred up enmity and hatred between them until the Day of Rising when Allah will inform them about what they did. (5:14)

Covenant with prophets
Remember when Allah made a covenant with the Prophets: 'Now that We have given you a share of the Book and Wisdom, and then a messenger comes to you confirming what is with you, you must believe in him and help him.' He asked, 'Do you agree and undertake my commission on that condition?' They replied, 'We agree.' He said, 'Bear witness, then. I am with you as one of the witnesses.' (3:81)
This is the verses which mention to the covenant with the believers ( Muslims )

Remember Allah's blessing to you and the covenant He made with you when you said, 'We hear and we obey.' Have fear of Allah. Allah knows what the heart contains. (5:7)

I hope this may help, and you are welcome to ask any question......

robocombot said:

hi robocombot,
please read my posts in the 'Islam and its relationship to other religions ' thread. Alot of references there as well. You will understand things better.
Hope this helps.
And Allah knows best.

Back