Tears

B

Bandit

Why do people cry?
I think it was Quahom who posted about the child who won the contest about love? where he was in a mans lap and the child helped the man cry.

Psalm116:7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
116:8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
120:1 In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
Heb.5:7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
REV.21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
21:4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Often you wonder why tears come into your eyes
And burdens seem to be much more than you can stand.
But God is standing near. He sees your falling tears
And tears are a language God understands.
When grief has left you low it causes tears to flow
When things have not turned out the way that you had planned.
But God won't forget you His promises are true.
And tears are a language that my God He understands.
God sees the tears of a brokenhearted soul.
He sees your tears and hears them when they fall.
God weeps along with man and He takes him by the hand.
Tears are a language God understands.

Very beautiful Bandit

Tears of sadness
Tears of pain
Tears of anger
Tears over other's hard heartedness
Tears over other's callousness
Tears over closed hearts
Tears for other's pain and suffering
Tears of joy
Tears of happiness
Tears of gratitude
Tears from the soul

I have cried them all and I agree GOD hears our cries and wipes away our tears in the most unimaginable ways.

Love beyond measure

Kim xxx

Once again I believe that the Glory of Gods creation is shown by this phenomena of tears.. If you look at research done on tears it shows that there are different types of tears.. the tears of emotion have more chemicals in them such as hormones and protein. it causes a chemical reaction in the brain which produces more "feel good" chemicals

here's an excerpt from about crying.. you can read the whole thing here

http://www.angdatingdaan.org/biblicaltopics/bib_science_1.htm

Do you know that crying can be a good medicine for stress? This was found out in a study conducted by experts in America. Based on the research, crying lightens one’s feelings, and people with positive attitude towards crying have a very slim chance of developing ulcer, colitis, and other stress related diseases.

Dr. William H. Frey II, a biochemist, found out that tears have a complex chemical composition more that others think. Researchers found out that there is a big difference between tears caused by joy, anger, and sadness and tears caused by irritation. Based on research, emotional tears contain more substances that our body develops whenever we are under stress. And this is hazardous to one’s health. Because of this, it is believed that crying is an effective way of eliminating wastes in our body because tears remove these stress-related substances. This is the reason why a person feels better after crying. Also, according to reports, tears caused by emotional outbursts have higher protein concentration, which cures emotional stress.

Crying that is triggered by emotional pain is not something that one should be ashamed of, inasmuch as this is but one natural physical process, which is very helpful in easing one’s pain. One psychotherapist said that, “Crying is good for the soul. It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper.” That is why we can say that the Bile is a book that never goes out of fashion. What the Bible said thousands of years ago are being confirmed by science today. And one of these truths pertains to crying.

One more thing, for God, a broken and contrite heart is better than a rejoicing heart. This could be read in Psalms 51:17. “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”

Another bit.. from http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0838/is_n81/ai_18856491

when biochemist William H. Frey II set out to study crying, he wondered about emotional tears. He knew that nature phases out biological functions that are no longer necessary for survival. He therefore theorized that the ability to shed emotional tears must have a specific physiological purpose. When a two-year search for scientific data yielded no satisfactory answers to his questions, Frey decided to conduct his own research. His formal stud of crying, commencing in 1979 and resulting in the 1985 publication of his book Crying: The Mystery of Tears, began with the premise that emotional tears carry away harmful chemicals produced in response to stress, and thereby play a central role in restoring the chemical balance of the body.
Frey set out to measure and compare the chemical composition of irritant and emotional tears. Aware that specific proteins in tears function as detoxifiers while controlling infectious agents and regulating rates of chemical reactions, he wanted to determine if emotional and irritant tears differed in protein concentration. He found that the protein concentration of emotional tears is 21 percent higher than that of irritant tears. He also discovered that human tears contain the endorphin leucine-enkephalin as well as adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and the hormone prolactin. Leucine-enkephalin is thought to affect pain sensation and to modulate stress-induced changes in the immune system, while ACTH is released from the pituitary gland and is an indicator of stress.

Perhaps most intriguing is Frey's discovery of prolactin in the lacrimol gland, the gland that produces tears. Prolactin stimulates lactation in the mammory gland, and he speculated that it also stimulates tear production in the lacrimal gland. Frey knew that prolactin levels are 50 to 60 percent higher in women than in men, and he theorized that higher levels of prolactin may lower the threshold of cryin - which might explain in part why women cry more than men. Frey also postulated anotomical differences between the tear glands of men and women, a hypothesis that research has since confirmed.[1]

Frey is quick to point out that while hormonal and anatomical differences may contribute to the dissimilarities between male and female crying, social conditioning plays a major role in defining male crying behavior. He has received letters from men who have not cried since childhood and who have seeking to regain this capacity. Frey himself realized in his 20s that he had not shed a tear since age 12. He then made a conscious effort to express his feelings and was eventually able to cry when moved or upset.

Frey hopes that other scientists will focus their research on the biological aspects of crying. He believes that the study of tears will shed light on the biochemical basis of emotion. "Crying it out" may be more than a figurative expression; it may be a literal description of what occurs as the body rids itself of stress-induced chemicals. Holding back tears, on the other hand, may impede the body's return to equilibrium after stress. As Frey says, "When we teach children to suppress their feelings and not to cry, we do them a great disservice by robbing them of one of nature's adaptive responses to emotional stress."

Thank you Father for creating us perfectly.

Wonderful FF thank you for sharing the scientific aspects of this, it would be great to share with parents.

All part of the law of preservation...I feel same as your wolves.....all is perfectly arranged by GOD, GOD surely is the most amazing designer and architect.

blessings in abundance

Kim xxx

Whenever I pray, I can not help but cry. While in prayer, I know I am in Gods presence and it is so overwhelming. I just feel so much love. It makes me cry to know that type of love. It is beyond what any human can offer. When I was involved in a bible study, the group often prayed together. I would hardly pray outloud because I knew I would burst into tears. Occasionally I did though, finding it necessary at the time. It is not that I feel sad every time I pray I am just so over taken by love.

Child of a New Day said:
Whenever I pray, I can not help but cry. While in prayer, I know I am in Gods presence and it is so overwhelming. I just feel so much love. It makes me cry to know that type of love. It is beyond what any human can offer. When I was involved in a bible study, the group often prayed together. I would hardly pray outloud because I knew I would burst into tears. Occasionally I did though, finding it necessary at the time. It is not that I feel sad every time I pray I am just so over taken by love.
yah. that is real nice to touch the throne of God that way, makes it impossible to look back. Hold on to it. Hasten to His throne.
Welcome to the boards Child of a New Day.:)

Psalm126

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Thanks Faithful and Star. Very Nice. I want to look at all of those some more. You know the greatest men of God had no problem crying. From the righteous seed and prophets all the way to the apostles.​
Job was perfect in his generation, in eyes of the Lord and that man did some serious weeping and God blessed him through it all.​

Maybe some more people can expound too, if they want to, when they have time.​
Psalms 103

Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust.

Back