The Heart

The Messenger of Allah said; "Temptations are presented to the heart, one by one. Any heart that accepts them will be left with a black stain, but any heart that rejects them will be left with a mark of purity, so that hearts are of two types: a dark heart that had turned away and become like an overturned vessel, and a pure heart that will never be harmed by temptation for as long as the earth and the heavens exist. The dark heart only recognizes good and denounces evil when this suits its desires and whims. (Hadeeth)

hi, dear sacred star,
i have jus finished writing a research about the importance of heart in Islam. you know what? the prophet Muhamamed says that there is an organ in man's body if it is good then all his things are good, but ib this organ is bad then all hi/her things are going to be bad. this organ is the heart.now the experts in the field of human devlopment argues whatever you think you may get it. Alghazali( one of the sufis) tried to explain the importance of heart and he comes to announce the following: when you think negatively the evil comes to your heart asking you of doing more bad things, but if you thik positively the angel responds, coming to your heart, inspiring you of more good things. accordingly, there is a deep relation between the way of thinking and the result of your doings. god says : whoever believe in God, will God guide his heart. so, if you thik of something yuo nwill get it.
I also agree with brother I-Brian, for there is a deep link between heart and reasoning and mind, for God says: eyes are not get blind, but the hearts which are in the breasts.
with my best wishes

"The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, . . . even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings."—Jer. 17:9, 10.

Many are the plans in the heart of a man, but the counsel of Jehovah is what will stand(proverbs19;21)

He that is trusting in his own heart is stupid, but he that is walking in wisdom is the one that will escape(proverbs28;26)

(Psalm 14:1) The senseless one has said in his heart: "There is no Jehovah." They have acted ruinously, they have acted detestably in [their] dealing. There is no one doing good

Do bring your heart to discipline and your ear to the sayings of knowledge(proverbs 23;12)................

The heart of the righteous one meditates so as to answer, but the mouth of the wicked ones bubbles forth with bad things(proverbs 15;28)

"Create in me even a pure heart, O God, and put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one."—PSALM 51:10.

Back