Views of Afterlife.

robocombot

Disciple
Reaction score
What are the different views here (Esoteric, Neopagan, Magick and Mysticism) on the after life?

1. Is there any (spiritual) life after death?
  2. Is there anything all these groups have in common regarding afterlife
  3. Whats it like?
  4. Do you need to follow a particular way or god to attain afterlife?
Is the place someone goes at death dependant on:
  • knowledge gained in life (like Eygptian book of the dead which gives knowlegde necessary for the dead),
  • what you believed in life (if you worshipped a particular god in life)
  • How you lived youre life (morality)
  • Powers you obtained in life (majickical defense in spirit world)
  • or anything else?

My view is: I don't know. :) I do have what seem to be past-life memories, so I lean in favor of reincarnation, but precisely how all of that works? Not a clue. Guess I'll find out eventually.

Well, a common view among Wiccans is that there is an afterlife where you go to rest but then you eventually come back to the physical plane for subsequent incarnations. Many believe the afterlife is more or less what you expect it to be. The movie "What Dreams May Come" seemed to me to be pretty close to the way a lot of Wiccans explain it.

Personally, I'm not sure that there is any survival of distinct personalities after death. Perhaps some life-force goes on and is reincarnated, but I don't think that life force is proven to retain memories or anything.

Dear robocombot

I respond as a Christian Spiritualist, Past Life Healer, Reiki Healer and Soul Retrieval Therapist.

1. Is there any (spiritual) life after death?

For some yes, others come straight back to do it all again. Friends that have passed over tell me that they still have a beer etc over the other side but yet there is no pain or suffering. A friend who passed a few months ago was so happy to announce that he is already in the Q to come back again.

3. Whats it like?

A field of dreams, good to research OBE's to get a cross section of views from people who have been there in this lifetime.

4. Do you need to follow a particular way or god to attain afterlife?

No

Is the place someone goes at death dependant on:

* knowledge gained in life (like Eygptian book of the dead which gives knowlegde necessary for the dead),
* what you believed in life (if you worshipped a particular god in life)
* How you lived youre life (morality)
* Powers you obtained in life (majickical defense in spirit world)
* or anything else?

As I understand it when you reach the other side some go immediately to what we call the hall of the healing first, especially if very sick when they left the earth plane.

The first thing that happens is that you watch the film of your life, you witness everyone and everything from yours and other's experiences and perceptions, so that the soul can recognise for themself any injustice and what was not overcome. From this the soul chooses what needs to be overcome in the next life to purify the soul.

The soul is very fragile and carries memories in consciousness of pain and suffering. And these memories shapeshift like miasms (homeopathy) energetic disease, for instance a person that suffered an inferiority complex in a past life could shapeshift to being a workaholic in this life, still proving they are good enough. Another person raped in a wheat field have been known to manifest wheat allergies in this lifetime. Past Lives have a tremendous impact on unconscious behaviour and repeating cycles. Knowledge is integrated into wisdom through experiencing the knowledge. All the knowledge we need is already within when we are totally in tune with our soul.

Many souls have carried karmic debt, but we are now coming to an age where most karmic debt as been repaid, wheel of rebirth is being broken and so it is that many souls will not choose to reincarnate and if they do it will be without pain and suffering because the souls have learnt how not to suffer or hurt others.

The more that souls purify and evolve the more the soul merges with the spirit until one reaches the point of complete oneness with the GODhead, so as I understand it at this point one is just pure consciousness.

The afterlife is not the goal but complete oneness with the GODhead is.
The afterlife is not such a high plane of existence that many might think but then again I guess we will all know the truth for ourselves when we pass over.

Rudolf Steiner and Edgar Cayce did a lot of work with the afterlife, so might be worth reading their books also the series of books from the Christian Spiritualist church mediums under the name White Eagle.

Apologies for not being able to share more but it as not been my role this lifetime to work specifically with the afterlife dimension.

being love

Kim xx

The later Etruscian view was the best.

Everyboby goes to hell, or a torture-filled after world.
The good and the bad.
Nothing can save you,
So live life to the fullest.
Isn't that fun?

Before they believed everyone went to a paradiac afterlife.
what happened to make them so cynic?

Personaly I think all matter is animistic aware. Stone thinks...I am a stone.

When we die the think...we are corpses.

Awareness is just more advanced becouse of biological matter
so I think awareness is purely material.

The mind is just a more devine understanding of the material world.

The universe made us out of offprint by the devine, all life is sacret.

Therefore our egoistic needs are devine in nature and doesn't "only" exist
for our personal existence but as part of a larger harmony.

I don't believe in a significant aftelive.
Perhaps there are forces and meaningfull things to realise about death and life.
The universe is in constant change.
But we are part of it so we can never trule die.
The reasons that shapes us live on after we die
and affect the next generation.
So there must be somekind of incarnation.

I definatly have to say i want to believe in an afterlife.

I can not imagine that there is nothing better waiting for us once we've left this physical body. At 22, i've been dealt some crap in my life, and think, 'surly i've not been brought into this world as someones whipping boy?' (Or girl in my case!!) There has to be something better waiting for me after i die, otherwise i've gone through 22 years of **** for nothing and might aswell end it now, as i can't take much more!

I also can not bear the thought that i wont see the ones i've loved and lost in my life again. Its one of the few things that keeps me going!

)O(

Back