Faith vs. Science?

Goddess123

Reaction score
I just posted this message in the sceicne section, but there's more people here, so I thought I'd post again.

Do you know of many books that deal with faith vs. science? I've been seeking them out to gain knowledge on facts and beliefs. The only one I know of is the one I just read called Daniel's Veil. The book uses science to prove faith, and vice-versa. It was an amazing read. I'd like to find more books. Any others?
Thank you.

i am not aware of any books that might help you but what i can tell you is that spirituality being an inerently intrinsic and immaterial subject, the science for it follows slightly different pricipals than the science for material world. some books on yoga claim that it is a scientific subject in that one does not need to belive to experience spirituality. they claim that spiritual experience is a product of meditative concentration of mind stuff 'chitta' and can be achieved by practice of a specific mental excercise for specific duration. this they put forward as the scientific aspect of their method of spirituality. there are several books in market but be careful and as swami vivekananda said: walk away from anyone who asks you to belive in his experience if he cannot tell you how to experience it yourself, belif , he says, should follow evidence and not vice-versa.

Hi Goddess123 and sangam - welcome to CR. :)

Indeed they are different disciplines, so the perception may change according to which side you are reading from.

Some faith groups are desperate to tag the line "science" to their beliefs, in what can sometimes be regarded as an attempt at marketing.

However, some reductionists are at pains to claim that anything related to spirituality and religion is nothing more than temporal lobe epilepsy gone social.

I said:
Some faith groups are desperate to tag the line "science" to their beliefs, in what can sometimes be regarded as an attempt at marketing.

However, some reductionists are at pains to claim that anything related to spirituality and religion is nothing more than temporal lobe epilepsy gone social.

:D :D :D

Well I recommend that you take a look at Greg Braden's work with prayer and the Christian Scientists seem to have some good research.

Love beyond measure

Kim xxx

hey Goddess-

there's a book i read a while back that's called "skeptics and true believers". do an Amazon search.

it's about one man's journey through science, and the (albeit vague) religious faith it inspires in him. good read.

I'm in the process of reading what I find to be a great book. It's called The Science of God by Gerald L. Schroeder. The author uses accepted scientific theories and the writings of early Biblical experts (so their writings are not greatly affected by science). Schroeder explains every scientific idea he presents in detail, so the reader can follow his train of thought. He also backs up his hypotheses with details from both modern science, and the early biblical texts. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to bridge the gap between the workings of God and the ideas of science.

Angles and Demons deals with a story of a scientist that proves god exists and then is murdered to symbolize the start of a revolution. Its a great read even though you have to pick the facts out of the non facts. Still there are many facts many people are not aware of.

"The case for a creator" by Lee Strobel provides evidence for the belief of a intelligent creator. It discusses darwinists' point of veiws and uses reason and science to prove the existence of god as well as disprove many scientific theories. its a great read.

Back