Gods Lay-away program

Basstian

In Search
Reaction score
Mt 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I was well into adulthood before I had ever heard of or seen a credit card. Not because they didnt exist. But because we lived a humble lifestyle and followed this old farm policy of "Not counting your Chickens Before they Hatch". There wasnt an ATM in every store credit in our small town amounted to running a charge at the grocery when times where hard.

But in the next town over was a K-mart it was the coolest place ever. I remember my mother a single parent loading my two sisters and I in the car and driving 30 miles to visit this wonderful store. Mom had recently graduated a nursing course and got promoted at her job in a hospital where she worked nights.

We must have spent an hour in K-Mart shopping for new clothes, shoes and the all important TOYS. We had that cart full to the brim. I remember this clearly because it was the first time ever I had gotten to pick any toy I wanted. Mine was the BIG YELLOW TONKA DUMP TRUCK all metal no cheap plastic for me.

I was a very confused boy when mom announced we where done shopping and headed for the back of the store. LAY AWAY DEPARTMENT I could read had no clue what it meant but there was this sign over a long counter. I was even more confused when everything in our cart was rang up on the cash registor and placed in a box behind that counter.

Mom took quite awhile explaining that everything we wanted would be there and it would take a month of pay checks before we would finally get our treasure.
Every week I looked forward to this trip to the back of K-Mart to the
Lay-Away counter.

I got that truck and all the clothes and today as I swipe that piece of plastic in that slot I often think my children are missing out on what I learned. :D

To me Lay-Away and Lay-up hold the same meaning and every promise I find in the Bible a Treasure. I visit the Bible often like that K-Mart counter in my memory. Sure my treasure is Lay'd-Away in heaven because my mother said it would be and looking forward to the day like a child when It is handed over. Its mine already Mom said just in Lay-Away.

Now what treasures do you have in Gods Lay-Away? thought it would be nice to talk about.

Luke 9:23-25

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

2 Cor 4:18

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I Jn 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 Tim 6:6-11

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

There is nothing wrong with having riches on earth but I have never liked the 'get rich' gospel some people teach. it is on airwaves, television, read in books, and sometimes from the pulpit. They who have a gold ring on each finger, flashy cars and monster homes. It doesn't line up with Scripture. It's merely another itching ear doctrine. We are called to be content and not to desire more.

A city where gold is pavement and and jewels are used like we use bricks.

I have a pretty good Idea we will by the time we reach Heaven have a good idea what things are of true value.

I see wisdom of God as one of these treasures

In-corruptability is another one I treasure.

Peace has got to be of great value.

And I am looking forward to Mankinds Understanding of all these questions we struggle to work out now.

I feel these are the type of things I have in Lay-Away

Praise God.

All of my favorite folks in a discussion about the goodness and magnificence of God. How about that?

I have stored in God's Lay-away program peace of mind that humankind seek him regardless of the path.

The truth of Love and it's strength to endure.

Knowledge of the things that matter most.

Wisdom to know what matters most.

Peace in my heart of what I understand Him to be and ever increasing faith.

one of my treasures is seeing all of Gods treasures starting with Jesus then throw my arms around every righteous loving person who ever walked the planet. i think we are the treasures.

when i get to heaven I am gonna look around, i am gonna wear a robe and a starry crown and sit down beside of my Jesus
Tell him how much that I love him.
Then renew acquaintance with the ones I know.

I am gonna take a stroll down the streets of gold
and look at the mansions there then check out the Walls made of jasper and twelve gates made of pearl.

I will hear him say "well done, the victory you have won"
Way up in heavens glory land!:)

I'll see a million colors I have never seen
I'll join a million people for a wedding feast
I'll reach out and touch the hands of the one who made me
And oh the love I'll feel and oh the peace

-Chris Rice- "Deep enough to dream"

Look forward to seeing ya there :)

I see wisdom of God as one of these treasures
you know this is a very true treasure because I believe the scripture says we shall be like Him and in another place the saints shall judge the world, so that would have to be in Gods wisdom.

This was the very thing Solomon asked for and he eneded up with everything.

Back