His Eminence Khempo Yurmed Tinly Rinpoche

BluejayWay

More evidence? Thank you!
Reaction score
I became aware of the death of H.E. Khempo Rinpoche in another forum. Although I know little of him, I look forward to learning and reading his words. My condolences are with those of us here who may have studied his teachings.

His Eminence Khempo Yurmed Tinly Rinpoche 1950-2005
khempo_cymbal_smile2.jpg
It is with the greatest sadness that we send this message to inform you that our most revered and beloved teacher, His Eminence Khempo Yurmed Tinly Rinpoche, passed away Sunday, January 30th in Himachel Pradesh, India. Ceremonies and prayers are being performed in India, and on February 11th a cremation ceremony took place.

H.E. Khempo Rinpoche was one of the foremost scholars and meditation masters of the Mahayana and Dzogchen traditions of Vajrayana Buddhism, while a fully dedicated exponent of non-sectarianism. As an incarnate lineage holder of the Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism, Khempo Rinpoche was also known for his expertise in Green Tara practice which he taught for the benefit of his students and his dedication to World Peace.

Khempo was highly respected and loved by thousands of spiritual leaders, international dignitaries, students and friends from all over the world. Those of us who worked with Khempo Rinpoche will remember our extraordinary adventures with him. His remarkable life was not only an inspiration but a precious example of Bodhicitta motivation and skillful means. His greatness was revealed in his humility and kindness. His humor brought the greatest joy while embodying the most profound teachings.

The departing of Khempo Rinpoche from this world adds poignancy to his works and teachings. His departure will likely be regarded by many as his ultimate teaching on impermanence ~ his final gift to us.

~We thank you Khempo Rinpoche, for shining your light on us. We pray for your swift return.

Back