posts limited

Vajradhara

One of Many
Reaction score
the posts are limited to 15000 characters... though that would normally be enough :) in my case, it sometimes is not. witness the 5 part post ;)

is this limit something that is adjustable?

It certainly is adjustable - and something that certainly can be looked at to address. :)

The 5-part post was certainly an exception to general usuage! Do you really think you'll break that limit more often? :)

The trouble with raising it too high is that perhaps it is better to break a very long post into smaller parts, for easier readability?

Still, there is no real harm in doing so, I suppose. :)

I'll see what others suggest, and see if there's a general agreement on what should constitute a proper and sensible limit - if one is even necessary. :)

I said:
It certainly is adjustable - and something that certainly can be looked at to address. :)

The 5-part post was certainly an exception to general usuage! Do you really think you'll break that limit more often? :)

The trouble with raising it too high is that perhaps it is better to break a very long post into smaller parts, for easier readability?

Still, there is no real harm in doing so, I suppose. :)

I'll see what others suggest, and see if there's a general agreement on what should constitute a proper and sensible limit - if one is even necessary. :)

well... no... i don't think that i'll exceed that very often... though one can never tell :shrug:

i agree... sometimes the split is better.. makes is much easier to read generally speaking.

I don't particularly care for lengthy posts myself. I think it would be better if they were broken up. For the most part I think 15,000 characters is more than reasonable. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback folks - much apperciated. Perhaps 15,000 is good enough for the moment. Though, it may be of interest to noet that anything in quotes, ie, the tags (but without the spaces!) will not count towards the post length limit. So if you have a post that goes slightly over it may be an idea just to highlight a paragraph or two as quoted. Just an idea.

Btw - sorry, Vajradhara - not read your long and detailed posts yet, but will hopefully have time later today. :)

I think it is better to leave the limit as it is, It makes a long post far easier to read if it is broken up into smaller parts. I tend to skim through posts that are quite long. Maybe I should learn to relax and slow down more. :)

Back