Jesus with Muhammad?

muslima

Reaction score
I know "No Muslim is a Muslim if he/she doesnt believe in Jesus."but
christains do not equate Jesus with Muhammad. according to my friend ...they are not equal, not in character, actions, of impact on this world, or all creation. Jesus did not sin in his lifetime. Muhammad could never claim that, therefore Muhammad is not Jesus's equal... is this really true?
and we muslims claim that bible has been corrupted by man. can therre be same opportunities of corruption existed with the Quran as well. but as far as we knwo Quran has not been changed not even a single word last 1400 yr and Allah has promised to keep it safe.
what do u people think about it?

muslima said:
I know "No Muslim is a Muslim if he/she doesnt believe in Jesus."but
christains do not equate Jesus with Muhammad. according to my friend ...they are not equal, not in character, actions, of impact on this world, or all creation. Jesus did not sin in his lifetime. Muhammad could never claim that, therefore Muhammad is not Jesus's equal... is this really true?
and we muslims claim that bible has been corrupted by man. can therre be same opportunities of corruption existed with the Quran as well. but as far as we knwo Quran has not been changed not even a single word last 1400 yr and Allah has promised to keep it safe.
what do u people think about it?
Salaam,
It doesnt matter if your christian friend doesnt equate one with the other. Whenever (s)he says this type of thing, you, as a muslim, are guided by the Quran by telling you:
Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)." [Quran, 2:136]
A similar message is repeated in 3:84.
The Quran says something for your friend as well:
Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between;
Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.
But those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of them, unto them Allah will give their wages; and Allah was ever Forgiving, Merciful. [Quran, 4:150-152]

As far as the other question is concerned, see if it has been discussed before or not in another thread. No use trying to reinvent the wheel here. In general, many staunch opposers of Islam have had to admit regarding the Quran's textual purity. and i recall that Dr. Maurice Bucaile discusses this topic in some detail in his book "The Bible, the Quran and Science" and admits the same. This is a further proof that it hasnt been tampered with.
Thats enough from me for the time being.
And Allah knows best.

thanks so much thipps for helping me and i have gone through the site u mentioned it was realy informative.

i have another question regarding age of Ayesha (RA) at the time of marriage is there any ayath in Quran whcih states about her age i know there are various hadith that speak about it but i think all those hadith are not authentic...please help.

Salam,
In Islam all our Prophets pbut were human beings. I personally believe, since they were human beings they have probably sinned, but perhaps their sins had been forgiven by the Almighty God.

muslima said:
thanks so much thipps for helping me and i have gone through the site u mentioned it was realy informative.

i have another question regarding age of Ayesha (RA) at the time of marriage is there any ayath in Quran whcih states about her age i know there are various hadith that speak about it but i think all those hadith are not authentic...please help.
salam,
First off, stop being apologetic. Second, no there is no Quranic verse in this regard. Third, you are in no position to reject hadith just cause you dont like the age mentioned in it. Following one's whims and desires is not the way of islam. The hadith that mention her age are authentic. Please read the following article. Yes it is very long but it is worth your time.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/aishah.html
Some comments from this article for your perusal:
it is absolutely pointless from an Islamic standpoint to say that the age of Aishah is "not found in the Qur'ân", since the textual sources of Islam are made up of both the Qur'ân and the Sunnah
In another place it says:
[the] evidence is - Islamically speaking - overwhelmingly strong and Muslims who deny it do so only by sacrificing their intellectual honesty, pure faith or both.
Hope this helps.
And Allah knows best.

Amica said:
Salam,
In Islam all our Prophets pbut were human beings. I personally believe, since they were human beings they have probably sinned, but perhaps their sins had been forgiven by the Almighty God.
Salaam,
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid said regarding this that the use of the word “sin” is a grave mistake, because sin (khatee’ah, pl. khataayaa) is impossible in the case of the Messengers. It is more correct to say mistakes, because a mistake may be made unintentionally, which is not the case with sins.

Hope that helps.
And Allah knows best.

i dont doubt the hadith, alhamdullilaah i always provide the source when i speak about hadith or Quran to anone (either from sahih muslim or sahih bukhari) ofcourse i believe in them but when u explain to a nonmuslims they disagree on many levels with u and unless u have much knowledge about it u can never do it (may b i lack much info myself) so i thought i should ask someone who more knowledgeable and learned...thanks for the link and guiding me.
actually i read this article so got i was bit curious about her age given in Quran.
thanks again for helping.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=38813

muslima said:
i dont doubt the hadith, alhamdullilaah i always provide the source when i speak about hadith or Quran to anone (either from sahih muslim or sahih bukhari) ofcourse i believe in them but when u explain to a nonmuslims they disagree on many levels with u and unless u have much knowledge about it u can never do it (may b i lack much info myself) so i thought i should ask someone who more knowledgeable and learned...thanks for the link and guiding me.
actually i read this article so got i was bit curious about her age given in Quran.
thanks again for helping.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=38813
salaam,
Dont judge/measure the truth by the number of non-muslims accepting your explanation. Let them disagree. Do not be perturbed by that.
And Allah is the one who Guides.

Salaam, and Peace to All Here

I have been quietly following this thread, and I can see some truth.

Originally posted by thipps
Dont judge/measure the truth by the number of non-muslims accepting your explanation. Let them disagree. Do not be perturbed by that.
I am at peace--I agree to disagree. And in my heart, I know there is common ground. I have no doubt.

InPeace,
InLove

Back