What do you play?

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So, path_of_one plays bass, and I know bananabrain said he's in a band. I play with the acoustic guitar and also try and compose low-quality mediaeval/orchestral music on a PC and synth.

So, does anyone else here play? And does anyone have any music online? I might have a couple of things I can paste up but I'd have to dig through old CDs and rip them first.

Hi--Peace!

Piano, guitar, mountain dulcimer, psalter, and synthesizer. Better at some than others. I also have been known to play the floor, walls, and the vocal chords.:) .

Jack? Wanna contribute?

InPeace,
InLove

Violin and harp (I've even learned how to play Pachabel's Canon in D on the harp {for those who aren't exactly familiar with the piece, it was the theme to the movie Ordinary People}, and I'm still trying to learn Prokofiev's Sonata for Two Violins, Opus 56 {have been for several years, and I still can't quite perform either part).)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I said:
So, does anyone else here play? And does anyone have any music online? I might have a couple of things I can paste up but I'd have to dig through old CDs and rip them first.

Play *at* maybe :) Keyboard & recorder at present. Got a guitar I need to learn how to play one of these months.

... Bruce (recording my playing would be useful only in torture chambers)

Originally posted by brucegdc
... Bruce (recording my playing would be useful only in torture chambers)
You too, eh?

Luckily we don't play as poorly as this on woman my family lived next door to when we lived in Pittsburgh (nor the same instrument.) She was learning how to play the Highland bagpipes (you know, the pipes played in pipe and drum corps.) It is a good thing that Scotland wasn't able to hear her or they would've declared war on the US (she's tone deaf and not that adept at practicing.) Used to keep me up at night, between her "practicing" and her poor dog howling in anguish not that far from my bedroom window. It's been close to 30 years and I still have nightmares and "creepy crawly" feelings concerning that.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

roflmao--and all that jazz!:) . Starting to wonder what the neighbors think about me and J and our backroom recording studio.

Don't want to start any wars--LOL--but I don't think anyone around here is paying much attention. Couldn't hear us over their car woofers anyway!

Meow--

InPeace,
InLove

Hard to get.:D

I sing, as I've mentioned in another thread. I've had a few guitar and tuba lessons, as well as violin lessons in childhood, but I never got far on any of them because I'm lazy. ;) Or maybe "unmotivated" is a better term. And despite four years of piano, I'm completely uncoordinated on a keyboard. Oh well - I'm giving piano lessons one more shot starting September.

i don't wanna work, i just want to bang on de drums all day...

drums for me! or any hard surface that can be banged on!

bass guitar & about 30 chords on acoustic guitar, still struggling. accomplished on piano, jazz organ & pipe organ & the synth keyboards. the trumpet.
I site read & can pick most of it up by ear, the key of B & six sharps can still be a challenge for me.
used the talent in a local band, a couple of lounges, but mostly dedicated it back to the Lord in the churches, wherever I have lived.

i can hear perfect pitch, but when it comes out of my untrained vocals everybody runs away & I dont know why.:)

Namaste all,

well.... generally, i play drums..... doombecks and jimbes, mostly. had some lessons with the Coronet and i fancy that i can blow the digirie-doo :)

Kindest Regards, all!

I'm impressed with all of the talent here! The best I can muster is singing in the shower or on the drive to work!

I tickle the ol' ivories on a regular basis and strum a little guitar now and then. I've been told I can sing.:p

Back