the meaning of freedomin all religions

Reaction score
are we free? are we completly free? and what is the meaning of freedom in our own view? and can we be completly free?.....all these questions are usually encountering our minds and preocupe us. most of us see that freedom is to follow our desires and instincts and to respond to ourselves demands. yet, suddenly, we become aware that by doing this, we are not free, but on the contrary, we are slaves to ourselves.
through His prophets Moses, jesus and Muhammed and through his Holy messages Judaism, Christianity and Islam, God shows to us that the real freedom is to submit to the only one God and to fight ourselves demands for His sake. man cannot be completly free, he must be a slave of one direction either people, himself/herself or God.and because God is all Merciful, he directs us to worship Him only, to serve Him only, to fear Him only, to ask Him only so that we can be free from any psychological complexes like inferiority complex or superiority complex.
also, by being a servant of God only, and not ourselves, we are then directed to surpass our anger, our jeoulosy, our envy, our greediness and our evil in order to spread happiness and justice around us. experiencing these feeling is normal thing, but by surpassing them we proof that we are not slave to ourselves. we in fact must be free from all except God who directs us towards our best.

indeed, and the Baha'is agree with your summary of some of the other religions of the world.

"Turn thy face unto Mine and renounce all save Me; for My sovereignty endureth and My dominion perisheth not. If thou seekest another than Me, yea, if thou searchest the universe for evermore, thy quest will be in vain....

Forget all save Me and commune with My spirit. This is of the essence of My command, therefore turn unto it....

Be thou content with Me and seek no other helper. For none but Me can ever suffice thee...."

Back