My Signature Thread

CanuckRasta

Rastaman
Reaction score
I would have put this in the lounge but this is religion.

Once again here it is:
"Bikaaz a da somting ya ebribadi huu hier disya fi-Mi Wod an huu dweet fieba laka-se wan kleba smadi huu en wuok fi-im huom pan rakstuon. An rien en faaldong an korint en kom an win en bluo an dem en shub dat-de huom, an sieka i en bies pan rakstuon i no en faaldong."

It is a New Testament passage. Lunamoth your guess was incorrect, but it was good because I barely know what the passage says and I have seen the KJ version. This text is distantly similar to the English text. Try reading it out loud.

Oh, four more clues. This passage was not spoken by Jesus. He is mentioned symbolically as "rakstuon" in it (or at least it can be interpreted as referring to him). It is not from the first four books of the New Testament, nor is it from Revelation. Finally, I did mention something in my introductory post/thread that could lead you on the right path.

So, good luck figuring out the passage.

One Love
CanuckRasta
Lij Marques Benjamin

does it go like this?

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which build his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock."

That's no fun. You googled it didn't you??

IYARIC: "Becaudis havin heard this I Word all who do it resemble a heartical man who worked him house pon rock. An rain alit an current came an wind blew an pushed that house, an becau it were grounated pon rock it didn't fall."

PATWA: "Bikaaz a da somting ya ebribadi huu hier disya fi-Mi Wod an huu dweet fieba laka-se wan kleba smadi huu en wuok fi-im huom pan rakstuon. An rien en faaldong an korint en kom an win en bluo an dem en shub dat-de huom, an sieka i en bies pan rakstuon i no en faaldong."

JAMES: "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which build his house upon a rock. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock."

AMHARIC: "Silezzeeh yihin Qalien semto yemmeeyadergew hullu bietun be`alet layy yeserra libbam sewin yimeslal. Zinabimm worrede gworfimm mettha nefasimm neffese yanimm biet geffaw, be`alet layyimm sile temeserrete 'alwoddeqemm."

Mattiewos 7:24-25

kind of sort of yes & kind of sort of no. it was not easy.

i went by the repeated words like these:

en faaldong
pan rakstuon

& that is what led me to it.:)

and now I am building on that rock, upon that solid rock, the rock that shall forever more endure.
so let the storm clouds rise, the strong winds blow, let the rains come & go.
For in Jesus I am safe, forever more!

Great thread, though - fascinating to see the differeint linguistic forms - thanks for that CanuckRasta. :)

You are very welcome I,Brian. I must admit I am having trouble finding interesting Rasta things to post that do not require the involvement of of Rasta idren.

Ah, well I have invited several here though. No show.

One Love and Jah Bless
Lij Marques Benjamin

It's certainly appreciated - still, good to have you around. :)

Back