Giants in those days

okieinexile

Reaction score
Giants in those days

By Bobby Neal Winters

My friend Lloyd bought a chair from the church rummage sale the other day for his daughter. She’s been off at the University of Kansas for the past year. She spent her first year in the dorms, but now she’s moving into an apartment when some friends up there in Lawrence and needs some furniture, so Lloyd bought her a chair. He asked me to come along with him to help him pick it up, and I said, “Sure.”

http://morningsun.net/stories/062805/lif_20050628020.shtml

Last edited:
Kindest Regards, Okie!

For what it's worth, my Dad and my uncle both were truckers (well, Dad was actually more of a glorified dispatcher...), I drove for a while (even taught newbies for about two years), and now my brother drives. So this post really hits home.

BTW:
The question that comes to me when I take stock of myself is not “Am I doing well?” but “Would Dad be pleased with me?”
Thank you for the sobering reminder. I really needed it. :D

Thanks for that one, Okie. It's amazing how thinking about how I viewed my Dad as a child brings back such a flood of memories. Being a Dad these days seems to be different, not better or worse, just different. Anyway, I liked the piece quite a lot.

lunamoth

Back