Jews Christians and Muslim Brotherhood

Salim Syed

Islamic Perspective
Reaction score
Peace be upon you,

How do Christians view Muslims in terms of being a 'sister religion'. As Muslims can not be Muslim without following Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) and must believe in his Prophethood, his miraculous birth and ascension to heaven, Christians and Muslims have so much in common.

As far as I know the peoples of the Jewish faith do not accept Jesus at all.

Do Christians feel more closely linked to Muslims by their common love for Prophet Jesus or closer to the Jews due to historical ties..

Thanks for you honest opinions...

I think that maybe Christians feel more linked with the Jewish than the Muslim. Do you think maybe it's because of political reasons?

Do you think maybe Jewish and Muslims have a greater connection? They seem to have a more devine dedication in thier religions.

I think the Chirstians link to the Jewish people and distancing from the Islamic people in the last century has occured dur to modern media.

I think any fair minded Christian who studies Islam seriously (from Muslim sources) would feel closer to Islam than Judaism due to the love of Prophet Jesus in Islam.

Both Islam and Judaism have stuck to their divine laws and I think this is what keeps Muslims and Jews in a life style that regulates their behaviour.

Christians (from my viewpoint) have kept a spiritual dimension to their faith but disregarded divine laws which are there to stop mankind from imposing their own selfish laws on each other.

Thanks for your replies

Salim Syed said:
I think the Chirstians link to the Jewish people and distancing from the Islamic people in the last century has occured dur to modern media.

I think any fair minded Christian who studies Islam seriously (from Muslim sources) would feel closer to Islam than Judaism due to the love of Prophet Jesus in Islam.

Both Islam and Judaism have stuck to their divine laws and I think this is what keeps Muslims and Jews in a life style that regulates their behaviour.

Christians (from my viewpoint) have kept a spiritual dimension to their faith but disregarded divine laws which are there to stop mankind from imposing their own selfish laws on each other.

Thanks for your replies
Hmmm, if you mean an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...correct. If you think Christians in history haven't been as brutal as Jews or Muslims? Incorrect.

"We three sad souls oh me oh my...no heart, no brain, one's much too shy...there's the "wizard" as you can see, He'll fix us one two three, in that funny place called the land of OZ.

"Oh the land of OZ is a funny funny place, where everyone wears a funny funny face, all the streets are paved with gold, and no one ever grows old

in that funny place called the land of OZ..."

How ironic, the wisdom in a child's nursery rhyme...

v/r

Q

Hello, and Peace to All Here--

Interesting question, Salim Syed--and welcome to CR if you are a new member?:)

As a Christian, I believe my faith is linked to Judaism because I believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah of ancient Hebrew prophecy. I believe that my link to Islam is because Islam holds forth some acceptance of Christians because of what is stated in the Q'uran--sorry--I am not looking at it right now, but I have read therein that Muhammed told his followers that some Christians were to be accepted in some cases because (and I am going to flub this a little, probably) they had monks that were devoted to the teachings of Jesus (is it "Isa"?). I apologize for not having that reference here as I write, but I will try and look it up soon--maybe you know to which passage I refer?

Perhaps it is the spiritual aspect that keeps us all from just having a religious free-for-all.:) I really believe that there is something deep down inside the heart of all those who would make peace that counts tremendously.

InPeace,
InLove

Thanks for the reply. Here are some quotes from the Holy Quran which may help you...

'Behold!' the Angel said, 'God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and shall be of the righteous.'
She said: 'O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: 'Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing He says to it, "Be!" and it is.'

'I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave.'

"Jesus, son of Mary, remember My blessing to you and to your mother when I reinforced you with the Purest Spirit so that you could speak to people in the cradle and when you were fully grown; and when I taught you the Book and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel; and when you created a bird-shape out of clay by My permission, and then breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission; and healed the blind and the leper by My permission; when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I held back the Children of Israel from you, when you brought them the Clear Signs and those who did not believe said: 'This is nothing but downright magic.'" (Qur'an, 5:110)

thanks

Hi Salim:)

i dont see why we cant be brothers, neighbors & friends. i dont feel closer to or farther away from either jew or muslim & even some christians for that matter.

i looked at your website a little & enjoyed the looks of it & positive outlook there.
but you must know, there is some conflict there with Jesus not being crucified. those who have been filled with Holy Ghost can never accept that.
the whole plot is a fallen man (Adam), with a man (Jesus) who would come to redeem his people, through his obedience, even the death of the cross, his burial & resurrection.

any how, welcome to CR & look forward to getting to know you & learning. peace be upon you too:)

Thanks for the +ve comments on the website. My aim was to 'build tolerance through education'.

Being a Christian you would obviously disagree with Muslims accepting Jesus as a Prophet and not God or son of God.

The debate over Jesus being God, son of God or Prophet has been going on since the time of the crucifiction of whoever was crucified (for Christians it was Jesus himself , for Muslims and unitarian Christians it was someone else in his place).

This debate will go on until Prophet Jesus returns, which is an event the Muslims and Christians are waiting for. No doubt we will all find out the truth.

I find debating this particular issue is very close to peoples hearts and usuallyy ends in bad feelings, so it is something I do not go into.

God has given us free will to choose our beliefs. If he had so willed it he would have made us like the angels who have no free will.

Have a good evening.

hi Salim

I think that I feel closer to Judaism. This is because in general Christians (or at least I as a Christian) view Judaism as a precursor to the teaching of Jesus. That as humanity grew as a race He gave more and more revelation culminating in Christ himself. In actuality, a Christian (especially a Catholic) is just a Jew who accepts Christ’s teachings. I see Islam (and I mean this with no disrespect) as more of a corruption of those teachings. That said, I think that Muslims worship our God (yet only through the understanding of the Father) just as Jews do and I view Islam as a sister religion in the faith of Abraham but I feel closer to a group with incomplete revelation rather than one with corrupted revelation. That said I think that much (although not a majority) of Christianity is also a corruption of Christ's teachings. It is interesting to note that when Islam was first encountered by Christians they simply regarded it as just another heresy not a separate religion. This is shown in John of Damascus's Book of Heresies. Islam is listed as Heresy number 100.

Salim Syed said:
God has given us free will to choose our beliefs. If he had so willed it he would have made us like the angels who have no free will.
Just to note I think that Angels have free will they are just so overwhelmed by the grace of God by experiencing heaven that they will that God's will be their own as we will in heaven. (wow! that was a lot of wills and they aren't all the same will either ) I think I understand the Muslim interpretation but if Angels didn't have free will (at least at one point) from the Christian perspective then demons wouldn't exist.

Hi--Peace--

Hi JJM--

I cannot help it--I just have to say that I am no angel (I would know, wouldn't I?) but I am willing.:)

Heh--

InPeace,
InGod'sWill
InLove

Hi--Peace--

Well, as many of you know, I seldom get it right the first time. JJM--I should have included that you are right that if angels have no free will, then there can be no upheavel in Heaven. No Satan, no devils, no demons.

Good point---

InPeace
InLove

InLove said:
Hi--Peace--

Well, as many of you know, I seldom get it right the first time. JJM--I should have included that you are right that if angels have no free will, then there can be no upheavel in Heaven. No Satan, no devils, no demons.

Good point---

InPeace
InLove
However if I understand correctly Muslims don't view demons as being evil angels but a completely different creation.

I personally feel that jewish and muslim religions and their associated culture lack humbleness, compassion, and forgiveness that jesus christ brings to christianity.

Kindest Regards, Blaznfattyz!

It is evident you know very little about either faith. Both faiths have humility, compassion and forgiveness. I would add, that other faiths do as well. Christianity is not unique in all of its teachings, only in its Teacher.

Hi, and Peace to All Here,

I believe the question was along the lines of whether we feel "linked" somehow to one another, and why. It looks like a good time for me to say that as a Christian, I feel brotherhood with the many compassionate people of other faiths because I believe that we all seek the same things--hope, truth, purpose, meaning,love, life.

If, as a Christian, I claim to love God because He first loved me, then I must endeavor to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, and extend that compassion to others in all that I do, including my speech. To do otherwise is pretty fruitless, I would say.

This here's a "wink" to all y'all here--;)

InPeace,
InLove

Kindest Regards, BF!
BlaznFattyz said:
quotes, proof, examples on your statement please.
Hang around here long enough, the proof you seek is all over this site. Besides, why should I serve as spokesperson for every faith, when so many others much more involved and conversant can speak for themselves.

You asked earlier about Mohammed's prophecies, implying that he did not even make any, as though you already know. Why not ask a Muslim, who would be more knowledgeable and conversant on the subject than you or I? You imply Judaism has no compassion or humility or forgiveness. Why not ask a Jew, instead of making wild, unfounded presumptions?

Why not ask a Buddhist or a Hindi if they have morality and hope and faith, before prejudging by your own misconceptions. That sir, is my proof, quote and example. That, dear sir, is what this site is about.

Instead of playing a game of "one upmanship" among faiths, why not instead try talking to and learning about others before drawing harsh conclusions in your own mind. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Kindest Regards, InLove!
InLove said:
Hi, and Peace to All Here,

I believe the question was along the lines of whether we feel "linked" somehow to one another, and why. It looks like a good time for me to say that as a Christian, I feel brotherhood with the many compassionate people of other faiths because I believe that we all seek the same things--hope, truth, purpose, meaning,love, life.

If, as a Christian, I claim to love God because He first loved me, then I must endeavor to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, and extend that compassion to others in all that I do, including my speech. To do otherwise is pretty fruitless, I would say.

This here's a "wink" to all y'all here--;)
My apologies for my digression. I wanted to insure a little attitude does not get out of hand. With that, I now return ya'll to the regularly scheduled discussion. ;) (wink right back atcha!)

Back