Sponsored links placement broken?

bruceg

Reaction score
Noticed over the last couple of days that the Sponsored Links bar is apparently now after the first message in a thread, and nothing is clickable. Figured I'd mention it in passing (using Mozilla).

... Bruce

No problem - it's just Google AdSense, but I figure it doesn't display if it feels there isn't enough keyword material on a page to activiate specific keyword ads.

Just something I thought I'd test, especially for the numbers of visitors who come to the forums, but never join or post.

Kindest Regards!

Cruising through catching up on what I've missed over the last couple of days, I noticed some changes. The ads are one thing. But a lot of the threads are missing posts. Seems like three at a time. If they have been deleted/moved/whatever, that is fine, but there is nothing to indicate this. I am using Explorer, if that has any bearing. Just curious to me. Also, large empty blocks of space are left where the missing posts were, with the top ones justified right, and the lower ones justified left. Curious...

That sounds completely odd - doesn't make sense at all.

I'm going to upgrade the forum software in a moment, but I'll ensure that I make any required repairs to the forum database as well and see what happens after.

I've noticed the ads but not any disruptions in the posts. Maybe I just haven't looked at enough threads--Juantoo3, can you point out a thread with the problem?

lunamoth

Ive noticed a few discrepancies in the posts.

For example, at the moment I can see the "lets talk terrorists" thread listed as having 1 reply and my name as the last poster. Fistly Im sure I remember there being more posts than that and secondly, if I open up the thread I can only see the original post by Postmaster.

Ive noticed similar things in a few threads, most notably Ive recently started 2 new threads in the Comparative section which have not appeared. One, "is it cool to beat your wife," I pm'd you about Brian, but I figured maybe you deleted it for being too contravertial or something. The other thread, "Marriage? Yes? No? Why?" is visible from the main forum page as the last edited post in the section but it does not appear inside the section.

Awaiting_the_fifth said:
Ive noticed a few discrepancies in the posts.

For example, at the moment I can see the "lets talk terrorists" thread listed as having 1 reply and my name as the last poster. Fistly Im sure I remember there being more posts than that and secondly, if I open up the thread I can only see the original post by Postmaster.

Ive noticed similar things in a few threads, most notably Ive recently started 2 new threads in the Comparative section which have not appeared. One, "is it cool to beat your wife," I pm'd you about Brian, but I figured maybe you deleted it for being too contravertial or something. The other thread, "Marriage? Yes? No? Why?" is visible from the main forum page as the last edited post in the section but it does not appear inside the section.

Hi ATF,

Strange--I can see both of your threads in the comparative forums. :confused:

lunamoth

Okay, I just repaired the database - hopefully that has helped??

After looking around a bit in Christianity, the problem is still there. On one thread the final post is missing, (the index link lists one author, the last post listed is by another). If it is my machine, that is fine, I'll do what I can to fix the problem on my end. But it seems to have all started with the introduction of the ads...

Mind you, I am not against the ads. That just seems to be when the problems began from my end. :)

OK, that's twice I posted between yesterday and today that my posts disappeared into that big blank space I've been talking about. Not all of my posts are doing this, but it seems certain number posts are being overlooked by my computer...

Kindest Regards, Brian!

Just an FYI. I tried everything I could think of, not being a techie. I defrag'd, ran virus scan and updated internet settings to no avail on Explorer. Since Bruce mentioned Mozilla, I downloaded and am writing this with that viewer, and it seems to work. My missing posts are now viewable, at least the couple I checked. Don't know what the glitch is with Explorer, but you might want to look into it. For now, I will give this mozilla a try.

No problem - I appreciate the effort to look for a solution - I've reported this to the forum software developers to see if it makes sense to them.

There is actually a major upgrade of the forum software coming - once that's released and installed here, which shouldn;t be long, it's worth seeing if the issue ios fixed If not, I'll file a bug report with them.

Juantoo3,
All you say is still happening. Gaps and overprinting everywhere.

I also use explorer.

Any one else also picking up on this?

There's a big forum upgrade happening in a couple of weeks - I sincerely hope to see some issues addressed then...thanks for letting me know about this.

Back