Today is all that you have

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score
Taken from Don't be Sad
by Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you wake up in the morning, do not expect to see that evening ? live as though today is all that you have. Yesterday has passed with its good and evil, while tomorrow has not yet arrived. Your life?s span is but one day, as if you were born in it and will die at the end of it. With this attitude, you will not be caught between an obsession over the past, with all its anxieties, and the hopes of the future, with all its uncertainty. Live for today: During this day you should pray with a wakeful heart, recite the Qur'an with understanding, and remember Allah with sincerity. In this day you should be balanced in your affairs, satisfied with your allotted portion, concerned with your appearance and health.

Organize the hours of this day, so that you make years out of minutes and months out of seconds. Seek forgiveness from your Lord, remember Him, prepare for the final parting from this world, and live today happily and at peace. Be content with your sustenance, your wife, your children, your work, your house and your station in life.

So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful.
(Qur'an 7: 144)

Live today free from sorrow, bother, anger, jealousy, and malice.

You must engrave onto your heart one phrase: Today is my only day. If you have eaten warm, fresh bread today, then what do yesterday?s dry, rotten bread and tomorrow?s anticipated bread matter?

If you are truthful with yourself and have a firm, solid resolve, you will undoubtedly convince yourself of the following: Today is my last day to live. When you achieve this attitude, you will profit from every moment of your day, by developing your personality, expanding your abilities, and purifying your deeds. Then you say to yourself:

Today I shall be refined in my speech and will utter neither evil speech nor obscenity. Also, I shall not backbite.

Today I shall organize my house and my office. They will not be disorderly and chaotic, but organized and neat.

Today I will be particular about my bodily cleanliness and appearance. I will be meticulous in my neatness and balanced in my walk, talk, and actions.

Today I will strive to be obedient to my Lord, pray in the best manner possible, do more voluntary acts of righteousness, recite the Qur'an, and read beneficial books. I will plant goodness into my heart and extract from it the roots of evil ? such as pride, jealousy, and hypocrisy.

Today I will try to help others ? to visit the sick, to attend a funeral, to guide the one who is lost, and to feed the hungry. I will stand side by side with the oppressed and the weak. I will pay respect to the scholar, be merciful to the young, and reverent to the old.

O' past that has departed and is gone, I will not cry over you. You will not see me remembering you, not even for a moment, because you have traveled away from me never to return.

O' future, you are in the realm of the unseen, so I will not be obsessed by your dreams. I will not be preoccupied about what is to come because tomorrow is nothing and has not yet been created.

O'Today is my only day? is one of the most important statements in the dictionary of happiness, for those who desire to live life in its fullest splendor and brilliance.

Thanks to all

Nice post, thinking about past and future does put yuo in depression that's something I learned after number of dull days, but good it's over now, thanks to Almighty Allah. I shall say:
"Future is the death, past is the emotions" . If you think future, youwoudnt want to live, if you think past, you might cry over what you want to live again! So it's all about today, do good and pay respect to Allah and his fellow beings, because who knows tomorrow might not come!

Mashallah that a good post Friend yes I feel that u should no longer worry abt yesterday.It is in the past and the past will never change,and no longer worry about tomorrow.Tomorrow will always b there,waiting for me to make the most of it.But i cannot make the most of tomorrow without first making the most of today....
But sometimes people remind u about ur past point out ur mistakes and that is too depressing ,May Allah help to over such humiliations.

Salaamu Alyckum

nomanshake & muslima
I want to thank both of you ... for the nice reply :)

Fi Amman Allah

Don't be Sad - Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah Al-Qarni

This is more beautiful words from the same source , we can see the real Islam between them

Extract the Honey, but do not break the Hive......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has gentleness within it is beautified, and whatever lacks it is spoiled. When you meet someone, giving them a bright smile and a kind word, you are displaying a characteristic of the truly successsful person, a characteristic that even a bee exhibits. When a bee lands on a flower (doing so for a practical purpose) it does not destroy it, because Allah rewards gentleness with that which He does give for harshness. There are certain people whose personalities are like magnets , attracting everyone who is nearby, simply because they are loved for their gentle talk, their good manners, and their noble deeds.

Winning the friendship of others is an art that is mastered by those that are noble and pious; a circle of people constantly surrounds them. Their mere presence in a gathering is a blessing, and when they are absent they are missed and asked about.

These blessed people have a code of conduct entitled: " Repel (the evil) with one which is better( ie. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! He, between whom and you there was enmity(will become) as though he was a close friend." [Qur'an 41:34]

They suck out malice from others with sincerity, forgiveness, and gentleness. They forget evil that was enacted upon them and preserve the memory of kindness received. Biting, harsh words may be aimed at them, but such words pass by their ears without entering and continue on their path without ever returning. They are in a state of calmness. People in general, and Muslims in particular, are safe from suffering any harm at their hands.

The Prophet Muhammad(blessings and peace be upon him) said: " The Muslim is the person whose tongue and hand do not harm others. And the Believer is he, whom others trust, about their blood and wealth."

He further said: "Verily Allah ordered me to keep relations with those that cut me off, to forgive the one who does injustice with me, and to give to those who withold from me. "

The noble Qur'an put it: " Those who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves the good-doers." [Qur'an 3:134]

Give to such people glad tidings of a reward close at hand in terms of peace and tranquility. Also, give glad tidings to them a reward in the Hereafter, of gardens and rivers, wherein they will be in close proximity to their forgiving Creator. " In a seat of truth(Paradise), near the Omnipotent King (Allah)." [Qur'an 55:55]

Source: Don't be Sad - Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah Al-Qarni

Assalaamalaikum Friend,
This is really good Article to raise ur lowspirit.Thanks for sharing.

Can u tell me where do i find tafsir by Yusuf Ali I read somewhere in ur post..can u post the link...I know tafsir by Ibn Khateer.

Thank you again muslima ;)

I'm very interesting in your questions ... you are more welcome to ask me any question . About tafsir by Yusuf Ali I know that he made translation of Al Quraan but i will search to you .........to see if he made tafsir .

Translations of the Qur'an by three Muslims scholars : (YUSUFALI, PICKTHAL , SHAKIR )
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/001.qmt.html

he Qur'an and Qur'anic Interpretation (tafsir)

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~godlas/primsourcisl.html

Warning (especially for Muslims)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

Thanks 4 all

Back