Question Please?

kittycat

Reaction score
Why was the Phrophet Mohammed,PBUH,afraid(squeezed him) when the Angel Gabriel apperared to him?In the Bible,no one that came in contact with the Angel Gabriel was afraid.

Hi Kittycat, and Peace:)

Check it out:

Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. (Luke 1:11-13)

Verse 19 goes on to identify this angel as Gabriel:)

(Edited to add: I don't remember ever reading in the Bible about anyone except Jesus who was not initially frightened by the appearance of Gabriel, or any angel, for that matter. I could be wrong about that, though.)

Hope this helps--

InLove,
InPeace

In Love,shukran for your reply,i did find this.I saw an article on the internet stating this,but it is false.Be careful what you read! I know that Mary was afraid,and Angel Gabriel said "do not be afraid ". peace to you to:)

Hello Again Kittycat, and Salaam/Peace to all here--

Thanks for your reply, and the advice. I am not worried. Your question involved the Bible--not an Internet article. I answered you according the what Bible Scripture says.

Your beliefs may be different than what is written in the Bible, and that is fine--that's your belief and I respect it, probably more than you may realize.:)

InPeace,
InLove

Hi, Salaam/Peace to All Here--

Just thought perhaps I might add to my last statement (too late to edit). When I answered this thread, I honestly did not realize what board I was on. I just saw the question, and had a sincere answer that I thought might help. Just want my intentions to be understood. I am pretty sure that most people on this board already know I come in the spirit of peace and understanding. If I had realized which board the thread was on, I would have waited for one of the regulars here to answer.

I probably did not need to explain this, but I thought perhaps it couldn't hurt:).

InPeace,
InLove

Hi to all

InLove ... your answer was perfect , and made me happy that we have people full of spirit of peace here .
so thanks for both you and kittycat ... she is searching for the truth and you answer the truth .:)

kittycat... you said it is false .. How you know that ?? tell us: was Inlove put a wrong verse of bible ??

kittycat... you are welcome to ask any question here .
InLove... you are welcome to participate in any discussion here

we wait both of you :)
36_1_11.gif

In Love, thanks dear, i am Catholic and read the Bible all the time,and am pretty good at it.However i read this article on the web,and thought i would post it here.I for one would never put down any religion,especially Islam as i am married to a Muslim.One thing we all can count on is God does exist,and he is most merciful.If people follow religions correctly,without making up their own rules.We can all live together as brothers and sisters of Abraham.......Bless you all

Hi, kittycat and Friend, and Peace--:)

Thank you both for your kind responses! My apologies, kittycat--I think I may have misunderstood what you wrote in regard to what was false and being careful about what I read. Now that I re-read that post, I see this.

Interesting--I have some good friends--a couple like you and your husband--she is Catholic and he is Muslim. They are amazing and have beautiful, well-adjusted and culturally savvy children. They even manage to handle the holidays (holy days) and family ties very lovingly and creatively. It takes a lot of love and respect to do that:).

Again, sorry if I misread your thoughts--look forward to seeing you around.

InPeace,
InLove

Back