Universal details in all theist orders

wildchicken2525

Reaction score
Can some one please help me with a list of aspects that show up within religious orders that were produced in different enviroments. i.e. Eastern and Western Orders, Christianity and taoism. Concepts are great, details are appreciated even more so, (such as the thread that share stories of Creation)
Also can someone please tell me about the appearance of the trinity in many orders. thanks!

You'll probably get your fastest answers by reading Joseph Campbell... since he wrote about the commonalities a LOT.

wildchicken2525 said:
Can some one please help me with a list of aspects that show up within religious orders that were produced in different enviroments. i.e. Eastern and Western Orders, Christianity and taoism. Concepts are great, details are appreciated even more so, (such as the thread that share stories of Creation)
Also can someone please tell me about the appearance of the trinity in many orders. thanks!

There really isn't one. There is no universal myth so to speak. One can find similarities between distant religions, but when one tries to incorporate all ancient religions it is impossible. I have heard this one "Belief in God, if there is one."

I personnally contend all ancient religions are based on cosmic myths, i.e. stories about the sun, moon, and constellations. These stories would vary based on one's global position and culture.

The "best" attempt at finding such a universal myth I attribute to the 19th century writing of Gerald Massey who contends all myths rise from sub-Saharan Africa. His reprint writings are available at Kessinger publishers. They are expensive due to their enormous size. If seriously interested check the Amazon.

Back