Ocean "Free Software Library "

Amanullah Blanks

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am not sure if this is a double post, I did a search on the forums for it and found no results. There is this program called "Ocean" (which is a "Free Software Library of the World's Religious Literature"), and can be downloaded here:

http://www.bahai-education.org/ocean/

This is a tool now that I cannot live without, the more I use it the more I become so grateful for it! I have read countess books through this program, I have copy and pasted many books into word for reading/deepening and for personal markings. In my reality I have found this tool to be greatly useful and maybe some of you may find it of use.

Amanullah Blanks said:
Hi Everyone,
I am not sure if this is a double post, I did a search on the forums for it and found no results. There is this program called "Ocean" (which is a "Free Software Library of the World's Religious Literature"), and can be downloaded here:

http://www.bahai-education.org/ocean/

This is a tool now that I cannot live without, the more I use it the more I become so grateful for it! I have read countess books through this program, I have copy and pasted many books into word for reading/deepening and for personal markings. In my reality I have found this tool to be greatly useful and maybe some of you may find it of use.

Thanks for your post!

You can also acquire Ocean CD's at a very reasonable cost and I've distributed them at Inter-faith gatherings.

- Art

Amanullah Blanks said:
Hi Everyone,

There is also an online search engine here

i have Ocean as well. it's a great way to spend a boring evening, surfing / reading through the great books of the world's religions! :D

Ocean

BUMP!!!!

Wow, cool free software with free books and no adverts! EVEN HAS DANTE'S INFERNO AND ST. AUGUSTINE'S CONFESSIONS!!!! Automatically checks for available updates!!!!!! Definitely check it out (be prepared for the 24 Megabyte download).

Re: Ocean

BUMP!!!!

Wow, cool free software with free books and no adverts! EVEN HAS DANTE'S INFERNO AND ST. AUGUSTINE'S CONFESSIONS!!!! Automatically checks for available updates!!!!!! Definitely check it out (be prepared for the 24 Megabyte download).
You can also paste other scriptures into the Ocean library, and create more bookshelves to organize your books. :D

You can also paste other scriptures into the Ocean library, and create more bookshelves to organize your books. :D

You can add other books? But only on your own computer, right? Right now I use the Baha'i Reference Library at reference.bahai.org

You can add other books? But only on your own computer, right? Right now I use the Baha'i Reference Library at reference.bahai.org
Yes, you can add other books only if you download the ocean software to your computer. Ocean's search feature will also work with your added books.

Yes, you can add other books only if you download the ocean software to your computer. Ocean's search feature will also work with your added books.

Cool :)

This is off subject, but you know how we're still translating the Writings of Baha'u'llah into English because there are so many? If you go to reference.bahai.org and look at all the books in English and then go to the Arabic and Persian pages, you'll notice a lot more books. Don't you wish you could instantly learn Arabic and Persian? :) Baha'u'llah knew perfect Arabic even though He wasn't taught it, and it's a difficult language for people to learn.

Back