Suggestions for Potions

Chalice

I am the Grail
Reaction score
Hello, I need friendly suggestions from those who know more than I know about potions. Here is my situation: I did psychic readings for a party store last October, and it went over very well. I plan to go back this year, unless something happens to prevent it. This year, however, I am also going to offer "homemade" love and money "spell" potions, complete with a mini-incantation, and a tea light candle and color coordinating gem-stone. The "product" will, of course be home packaged as nicely as I can do it, but I need to know if I am creating the potion properly. Here is what I currently have to work with:

small hotel shampoo bottles from the westin - they are shaped like antique medicine/pharmacy bottles and have grey lids and are clear. They are very nice and I am going to get the label off with goo-gone.

I was planning to use water, food color and an herb appropriate for money (mint? dill?) and posterity/success in the "mini-money" potion, and red food color, water and maybe rosemary in my "mini-love" potion. I feel I have to keep the ingredients simple enough that it won't take up to much of my time/money, as I am doing this on the side, and I also do not want someone to decide to drink it and get sick/allergic to it, which is why I am not putting anything else more complex in the potion. People will have to add their own "extra" things on the spell list, plus what I have included (candle, potion, gem-stone, parchment explanation & spell incantation), such as a small pile of coins or the petals of two red roses, and complete my instructions under the full moon on Halloween eve.

I would like feed back on this. My goal is to give people the mystique they imagine that comes on Halloween, while introducing them to the idea that people who read fortunes or write spells are friendly, regular folks and neighbors who promote positive thoughts toward others. Do you have any other suggestions?

I had also thought of painting neo-pagan symbols on soap with food color and then wrapping them in ballet fabric. Do you think this is a good idea, a flop or have any other suggestions for me?

I appreciate any info on this. Thanks.

Like with many questions there are a lot of things intertwined with this one. It's not an easy thing with a simple answer either -- you'll really have to decide for yourself what to do.

Things that I would encourage you to think about:

- Does this promote non-Christian spiritual paths in a respectful way? Would people mistakenly assume that non-Christian spiritual paths are shallow or materialistic?

- Are you going to promote these as entertainment or as something more serious? Is it even possible to guarantee success of the spells?

- Is this being done to honour your spiritual path? Is this being done simply to make money with a spiritual path being used as a theme for the product?

- Is the money going to charity?

- Will the product be publicly associated with a general spiritual path or group or with you specifically? (Do you have permission to use a larger group's identity to promote the product?)

That being said, there is actually a long historical record of people who practice magick selling things like charms, potions, amulets, and doing magick for fees. In the UK the classic "cunning man" and "wise woman" (who also sometimes advertised themselves as "white witches") would actively solicit customers and sell their magickal wares. Gypsies did psychic readings and sold remedies, removed curses, etc. for fees. And people who work as healers and charge fees throughout history have also been pretty much textbook cases of magickal practitioners depending on the definitions we use.

In the end it's your decision.

Hi, Chalice,

My first impulse was to answer you with what I know about herbal therapies, chakras, aromatherapy, and just plain old experience. I wanted to tell you how to market--but then I realized that I could not. You are looking for something more than I can tell you.

I can give you all kinds of recipes, and perhaps even spells, but I can do nothing without the right spiritual reason. You sound like a beautiful person with the good motives--

Anyway, I was surprised and thankful for dear bgruagach's response to your question. I think because I knew there was something more to say, and I did not know what it was.

I encourage you to think about this--I also encourage you to keep that desire to connect with Everything.

InPeace,
InLove

Hi bgruagach! I knew you would answer my question!

First of all, I do not want to make anyone mad at me or dishonor anyones spirituality by offering "potions" with my psychic readings. I would be very uncomfortable doing that. Since I am out in public at a party store specifically for Halloween, it sort of creates a "festive" mood that is part fantasy, and also part reality. People don't know if I'm in a certain religion or not, and they don't ask. They "assume" what hits them. Because most people in my area are born again fundamentalist Christians, they preach heavily against the neo-pagan groups, as well as other faiths. I personally experienced their mean-ness recently, when I was at the YMCA and two other girls wanted to know how a tea-leaf reading and the pendulum worked. I explaining things to them. Suddenly, 6 "home-school" moms who were absolutely fundamentalist born-agains plopped down, and opened up huge suitcases of their stuff, acting like they owned the entire building and had no regard for our private conversation. One woman sat so close to me, her elbow touched mine. The next day, the director of the Y took me aside and told me that I was never to discuss anything "anti-christian" again or I would loose my membership! She told me that these "moms" had "complained" about me. I counter-complained that they evesdropped on a private conversation and that if they want to listen in uninvited, they should at least announce it so I know it. I wondered what the ACLU would think of that. I know Jesus would not act like that toward those not in his religion, yet the Y and the majority religion had the right to take away my freedom of speach, even though they did not fully know what my conversation was about.

I have altruistic feelings for people outside of my faith. I felt awful for anyone who was not a born-again fundamentalist Christian. I grew up in that kind of church, and they preached at us constantly that Catholics were going to hell. My mom was raised catholic and she always stuck up for the catholic faith. The next week, I confided in another friend who is Hindu. She told me point blank that she would never feel free to discuss her faith at the Y, because of my experience. "We know that the fundamentalists will eat us alive!" she said. I can not imagine having to hide my spiritual thoughts like that!

Well, I can "be" another religion or belief system (even half-way, or just for a day), where people have a chance to question me and challenge me, yet, I know exactly what they are going to say, and am ready to explain their own faith to them.

To most people in my area, "witches" and neo-pagans are imaginery beings that one only finds in cartoons. While most people tolerate muslims and hindu's, the neo-pagan world is a sub-category of the teenage world here, They are usually shunned pretty bad. I think to myself, wow, how sad. It's just clothes and eye-make-up that these "grown ups" are afraid of.
I know a couple of neo-pagans here and they are adults in hiding. They would never sit at a table anywhere and let others know "who" they are. They know they will be berated until they have a headache. So there I sit at the party store posing as a wiccan/psychic ( I actually do real psychic readings though), letting those that have their pre-determined opinions discover that I am a nice person, so nice in fact, that...well, I "could" be a Christian. One of my motives is to just educate people about others.

Secondly, I don't think that there is any conflict in Christianity at all with "potions". Healing isnt just part of "witchcraft" and neither is the persuit of change by harnessing a greater spiritual power. That's a completely Christian concept. Here are some Bible verses that I found, that support "potions":

Ezekiel 47:12 - "
Revelation 22:2 - Proverbs 17:22 -
Jeremiah 30:13 and 46:11

http://faculty.washington.edu/snoegel/magicinthelateantiquity.htm and a sight that demonstrates Jesus' use of "spells" as related in the Talmud: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/997317/posts

In ACTS 4:30
I Corenthiens 12:28

these verses show herbal and mental magick, and practically everything Jesus did miracle-wise has a magickal term. The word "carpenter" in hebrew and greek has root meanings of "sorcerer", "secret keeper" and "artisan". We now know that Jesus never worked with wood, but stone was his main material.

I think that people in my area need a very gentle, non-threatening means of introduction to other belief systems. They need to be allowed to see it in a setting that they don't have to immediately think is real, or they will be so afraid, they will not even look. You can not teach people tolerance if they are so filled with fear that they won't go near and see what it is they are afraid of. I personally do not feel that I am presenting myself in a way that would attract fun-making. Because people do not know me, they assume I'm a wiccan, druid or something. They display reverent fear of me. I'm not a scary person. I'm a 5'3, somewhat overwheight brunette mom, who can't controll dishes and laundry, much less the universe or the lives of others. Yet they "think" I have so much power...by talking to me, I make the neo-pagan groups they "think" I belong to appear alot less threatening. Suddenly, I am a friendly face that does not turn my friends into frogs. Simple as this is, they are surprised by this, I think. I think that if the Christian world was allowed to read things outside of our faith, we would come to realize that what we term "miracles", others label with different lingo, and some of that lingo is the word "magic".

In my area, people are happily afraid of witches, druids, and neo-pagans, yet they are quite delighted to celebrate Halloween, and hope to meet one of these mystical people, whom they don't even believe exist. I think that no matter how serious your faith is for you, if you lived here you would either be persecuted or you would be "discussed" endlessly, providing countless hours of entertainment for the Bible-belt savvy folk. I don't know that "much" about spell crafting, but I do know that every book I have read on it suggests using herbs that have magickal uses, outside of eating. There is no reason for me to challenge this. I think that herbs are used in the Bible, along with wheat offerings before the Hebrew deity to call down blessings upon the people. That is sort of the same thing - herbs used to bring spiritual powers.

I think that is similar. I also think that the success of the spells is largely a "faith" issue, just as faith "fixes" things in Christianity. Maybe the "fix" in many faiths is largely psychological, coupled with an access to the spirit realm. Faith is the switch that turns supernatural things on, so if people believe it will work, it has a better chance, and no matter how good the product is, if people do not believe in it, it won't work anyway.

I also want to know about spell crafting because I can not find much on it at the library, book store or web. Everythin gout there lists alot of herbs, but they don't have the recipe, which does me no good. I specifically need a RECONCILIATION spell for two people who are related and are having a bad spat. Maybe I should not interfere. But that's how I am. I just can not let them know it, so a spell would be perfect. Any suggestions?

Hi, again, Chalice--

If you are interested, I may be able to help you. Feel free to email or pm me. I must tell you, however, that as much as I respect what you are trying to do, it is not something that can be done well in anger or frustration.

You may think my offer is a guise or a front for an opportunity to preach at you or something. I am not a preacher.

InPeace,
InLove

Hi InLove, Thank you; you too are a beautiful person. That is what I mean - there are so many sweet souls out there, that deserve to be given a chance as a friend, and loved. I like having friends that think completely differently than I do - that makes my life exciting, interesting and gives me so much to think about. I just can not stand being in the box that my area puts me in religiously, and I am sorry so much prejudice is out there. I want to stop it and usually, one person who understands things overall has to take over and just to it, one person at a time.

"I can give you all kinds of recipes, and perhaps even spells, but I can do nothing without the right spiritual reason. You sound like a beautiful person with the good motives-- "

InLove, I would love your recipes. I know that my Party Store isn't really a spiritual reason, and I don't think it is intended to be. But i'm not a "flat character" - there is alot to me besides being an entertainment psychic at a party store for Halloween. I do psychic readings for people in a genuine fashion to really listen to them, help them, cry with them and give them support. I don't see anything wrong with spell crafting or casting, in fact the question in my mind is "What could possibly be wrong with it?" I "used" to be afraid of it due to my fine church education, but as I read along about what it is, I thought that spell crafting and casting is actually a "combo" of intense prayer that has a specificly defined problem and a requested solution. The objects used symbolize these problems and desires at the very least. I looked up some things in the Bible,(mentioned in another post in this thread),and found that my religion prescribes herbs for spiritual healing as well, and also for cosmic and community change. The herbal world must have more uses than we in the modern world give them. I'm willing to look into it and learn.

Although I wanted opinion about my party store situation, I'm specifically looking for a reconciliation spell in my personal life as well, because two people I love dearly are at odds, and I would like them to begin communicating again. This is far from the party store fun. It is a truely spiritual request for help from beyond, and I really need help with it, because I can not find a reconciliation spell on the web or in a book. Prob. because I don't know where to look. But if you have one, and would share it with me, I would very much like to use it.

I can just feel your kind, wonderful, personality reflectinfg off of your words, and I think you are a very dear person.

"I encourage you to think about this--I also encourage you to keep that desire to connect with Everything."

Everything really is connected, isn't it. That is the wisdom from the Western mystery Traditions that have been kept away from so many of us for such a long time. We need to know that in today's world.

Be well and thank you, InLove,

Chalice
T

Hi InLove,

I would be interested in speaking with you. I do not know how to find your email, or to pm, but if you can tell me, I will try to contact you.

"If you are interested, I may be able to help you. Feel free to email or pm me. I must tell you, however, that as much as I respect what you are trying to do, it is not something that can be done well in anger or frustration."

You are right, frustration and anger spoil alot of things. I do have a dose of that going on right now, but if I can be proactive with my feelings, I may be able to promote change for good, instead of damage. I just need someone to direct me on how to do that. Maybe you know how. I would love to hear what you have to teach me.

"You may think my offer is a guise or a front for an opportunity to preach at you or something. I am not a preacher."

I don't think you will preach at me, and if you do, we will prob. have a very interesting and fun conversation. Sometimes you don't learn anything unless someone shares their most intense feelings on a subject. Instead of rejecting, I just listen and evaluate. I always learn alot that way. As far as guises go, I think that there are alot of them out there in every faith group, and I unfortunately experienced that. I don't think you are going to pretend with me, and I hope you will just be yourself, and be honest. It's ok to disagree sometimes, that's how people learn. I really think you sound like a good soul and someone who is sincere. I would enjoy talking to you.

Give me better details on how to contact you, and I will try to do so.

Thanks,

Chalice

Chalice - have you thought carefully about the ethics of the potions? Especially love potions? Is this a "Get someone to love the user", or what? Is compelling someone else permissable by your ethical system?

As well, spells are generally tricky things - whether done via kinetic spellwork, potions, petitions, candles, or any other way. The gods & goddesses tend to have (in my experience) a somewhat interesting take on what you ask (and may take easy ways out) - hence the phrase "be careful what you ask for - you might get it". For example, without careful limits on the spell, the easy way for a money spell to succeed may be to get you hit by a car driven by a very well-insured driver. Lots of money, but not *quite* the desired overall result.

Just some thoughts.

... Bruce

Dear Brucegdc,

That is exactly the kind of input I was looking for! I don't really know the mechanics of spell crafting very well, as I'm a beginner...I could really get myself or someone else in trouble, and I don't want to do that. Here are my answers to your questions:

"
brucegdc said:
Chalice - have you thought carefully about the ethics of the potions? Especially love potions? Is this a "Get someone to love the user", or what? Is compelling someone else permissable by your ethical system?"

Ok, first of all, since I am not an expert in potions, I have decided to make my potions really begnign (is that spelled right?). My potions have to be non-allergenic and edible, in case someone ingests them, so they are made out of water, food color and an herb, either rosemary(love), or mint (money). The accompanying spell for the love potion asks the beyond (which I have kept generic so that the person may ask whatever deity they choose) to allow them to take notice of anyone who might send "love-vibes" their way over the next year, and that they must ask all these people to do something socially neutral, like have coffee or something. The outcome of my spell is that people focus on those in their lives they might otherwise overlook, and give them a chance. Maybe my potion is more psychological, I don't know, but I don't think it will get anyone in any trouble, and maybe they will make a new friend. Likewise, the money spell has water, green food color, and mint in it. The incantation asks a generic deity to begin sending prosperity into the life of the asker, and asks the one who buys the spell to notice all gifts and money that has come into their life, even a penny they find on the sidewalk. They must write down everything that comes their way financially and gift-wise. This spell makes people focus on what is really coming in to them, because I think most people have not recognized what is already being sent to them to begin with. Both spells expire at midnight, one year and one month after the spell is cast, because while they must cast it on Halloween at Midnight, they have to allow it to "set up" and "become sealed" for a month, for example, wear the love spell parchment with the Roses for a month near their heart so that their true desires of a romantic friend can "seep" into the spell before it is sealed and calls out for that person. Likewise the money spell has to be set up near an entry window/door so that it can attract that kind of energy for a month before it is sealed.

I figure it this way. If I don't know what I am doing and it's a spell that does not really "work", then no one will be poisoned, and they will begin to pay attention to small events in their lives, and take a chance on things they might otherwise ignore. On the other hand, if the spell does turn out to work, well they might be a little richer or more in love at year's end.

I myself tried out the money spell last year. I really wanted it to work, but was not sure if it would, and so I did the spell for several nights in a row to get it to really be "painted on the canvas" good, so to speak, and then just watched to see what would happen. Amaizingly, I got 4 trips (one to Las Vegas where we saw three shows, and ate in buffets every day, one to see Grandma in California, Another to California where I visited Universal Studios, then to Santa Monica Beach, and then to Disney Land, where I not only had extra cash on me but spent on the credit card (usually an activity that makes my tax-accountant husband cringe, sweat, cry and then keel over), and he also arranged me to have a chauffeur for me and the kids, extra cash for those trips (also expensive); my psychic reading business picked up enough for me to pay for 4 Real Estate classes, and I got extra $ from my mother, who also took me shopping and paid for alot of stuff on top of the extra money during my trip to Denver which I just got back from. That is a bit much for a coincidence, don't you think???

I also did a few "banishing" spells because I had very hurt feelings from a few people. I was not mean about it. two neighbors had ostracized my child for 4 years, and then met me in the Drive way on Halloween even 2 years ago and told me they did not like where my teen son parked his truck and to "throw him out". This was two women AND their husbands. Prior to this they never got personal with me! I was insulted and offended. I appologized alot and cried, but then I thought, "hey, maybe a banishing spell will work on them." I remembered the rule that says you can not send any bad things to others or it will come back to you, otherwise I would have wiped them out, if that is really possible, because I felt really mean toward them. And I also figured that maybe it would not work anyway, and would feel good to pretend that I was going to ahnilate them, so what the heck. hm. I stood out in my front yard, and put my right hand out to one house and then to the other, and said something like, "I wish your words about my son would go back upon you, and that you would move to a better, more enjoyable place with more friends, happiness, money, and love, but that you would come to understand how what you said hurt my feelings and learn by it, and then not want to do that again." Then I went in and waited. I waited for a whole year. Half way through the year, my husband came in and said, "do you think they are moving?" I asked him why he thought that, because even though he is completely no-nonesense and would never admit to believing in anything magic, he is very intuitive and blows me away with his perceptions sometimes. He said, "well, they are bringing things out of the garage by the boat load for charity and trash...usually people only do that whenthey plan to move. And the other neighbors have ordered their home to be painted, the caarpets cleaned and the exterior powerwashed. You only do that if you are going to show your house." Well, I'd sure like to have that done while I live in my house...anyway, I kept asked them "are you moving?" and they both denied it. So I thought, well, hubby mis-judged that one. The next halloween, I "wierdly" came down with the aches-and-pains type flue, and could not take the kids out for candy, so I laid on the couch. This made the neighbors think I was to stuck up to do anything but avoid them (very clever tactic from the spirit world, as I usually don't have the inner strength to ignore people when they deserve it.) My husband took the kids around and when he got back he came in and asked me if I had seen their yards? I asked why, and he told me that between the time he had begun to go around the block, both had put "for sale" realtor signs in their yards! Not to the day, but to the hour, the HOUR of their mis-behavior was my spell fulfilled. That blew me away...They both moved by year's end, and that's a miracle, since in Houston TX, people get so wrapped up in decorating with nick-nacks for Christmas, you can not think they might move. Yet, they did! I was free of them in January.

Another banishing spell came after a "calling" spell. At the time I "called" for a type of person to come to my church and be my teacher in a certain subject, I did not know I was performing a spell. In fact, I prayed alot and asked repeatedly for my way to happen. (I have also gotten in trouble with God when I have done this, because he gives me exactly what I ask for and I get myself into so much trouble, I basically ahnilate myself! - he has to come get me back out of trouble again, which he always does,) But I asked for this type of person, certain religion, personality, and with special skill, to come to my area and teach me something. Quite by accident this newcomer to town "accidentally" visited the wrong church. This person never makes a mistake, as she has a "perfectionist" personality, so in hindsight, this was very unusual for her to make such an error. She was discovered in a mere sentence, when the pastor's wife spoke to her, found out her special talent and had another woman call her to involve her. She ended up setting up a very special festival for 5 years, and trained me to understand the teachings and help out. However, behind the scenes, when no one else was around, she verbally abused me. She told me repeatedly that I was "not cut out for "her" ministry (it was God's not hers), and that I was not good enough. She judged my weight, hair, clothing, version of the Bible I carried, my kids behavior, my husband's attendance, and even demanded to know how much we tithed, telling me that we did not tithe enough or consistently enough, which is God's business, not hers. Finally she told me enough negative things enough times. I also had severe panic attacks while I was her friend, and speculate that maybe she had me under psychic attack, which I also did not know about during this time. I suffered alot, had to go to the therapist, take xanex, and was basically worthless for 6 months. At this time I still didn't think of using an official spell on her, but I just told God "I release her from the duty I asked you to send her for, so please send her home." I could not believe it. A week after I asked for this, her husband lost his job, along with all the Enron people, though he was not with Enron. His company was closed by the courts for bankruptcy that could not be corrected after much effort. He diligently searched for work for 18 months and she prayed and prayed (since she was one of those over-religious born again, judgemental wack-o's), but her prayer was not answered. She did not want to leave wonderful, exciting Houston, to go back to Wichita, Kansas. But that is where her husband got his job, and home she went, without an ounce of controll. She is gone now, and is equally happy, and I don't have her bugging me or being mean to me. One more banishment happened - between me and someone who I am close to but was not getting along with very well. This person had some miles put between us, but returns often. This helped the relationship greatly. If it had not happened to me, I would never believe it.

I think I may have some powerful ability to make spells work - but maybe I'm just full of myself. What do you think? I was actually very thankfull that I didnt do anything mean to anyone, because since these things worked so well, I am currently glad that I wont be awaiting my own bad-behavior returned to me times 3 or any thing. I think I just returned their own bad behavior to them, which is another reason why it is not coming back to me.

"As well, spells are generally tricky things - whether done via kinetic spellwork, potions, petitions, candles, or any other way. The gods & goddesses tend to have (in my experience) a somewhat interesting take on what you ask (and may take easy ways out) - hence the phrase "be careful what you ask for - you might get it". For example, without careful limits on the spell, the easy way for a money spell to succeed may be to get you hit by a car driven by a very well-insured driver. Lots of money, but not *quite* the desired overall result."

I take this teaching very seriously now, and don't want to get into any trouble at all. Now that I know things work, I don't want to do any spells that actually make trouble for me. Do you think you can cancel a bad action of the past if it has come back to you times 3, so that the bad effects will go away? I am currently curious if any of my current problems are related to my own similar behavior in the past, and I am now re-experiencing it coming at me, instead of going toward another. Do I just announce that I am sorry and want the x3 to leave me?

I figure that the "safety net" I put on my spells is that someone's negative energy has to just return to them x3, and that it is not my own energy, so can not return to me. I also create spells that take a while to unfold, so the people can not complain that since it did not work in a certain amount of time, it must be a "rip off" and want me to fix it, or get their money back, which I know is bad, but I'm not charging that much (just enough for the supplies anyway), and people complain even when things work, so how do I know if it did not work anyway. I also put into my spells that if the Divine world sees fit to alter my request so that it better suits me, that is fine, as I can not see the big picture and may be making a mess, but ask for things to go my way if possible.

I also want to know if most people eat or drink their potions, or if the potions are to just put on things. Any potion recipes you have to share are also welcome. Thank you for responding to me!
Just some thoughts.

Chalice

Hi, Chalice--

There are so many things that you have said that I would like to wrap quotes around. :)

I see a desire for or an acceptance of Love in you--and I see that you would like to share it.

I see in you someone who is very eager to set things straight. I know how you feel. So much is done in the name of religion--all religions. And sometimes people just hurt each other for no reason at all! Go figure...

If I could, I would apologize to you for those who do harm in Christ's name. As it is, I can only apologize when I do it.

When are you planning your endeavor? In the few weeks before Halloween, I guess you have to be ready? To be honest with you, I do not think you have to worry so much about that deadline if you are truly interested in understanding--but if you are approaching this as a business venture, then I suppose that a schedule would make a difference.

Chalice, I am going to send you a bit about what I know about extracting and distilling the essential properties of herbs--and something about the significance of each. I will also send you what I know about a couple of "spells" --one quite ancient and perhaps traditional, and one "modern" and perhaps traditional :)

All I ask is that you really consider what you are doing--that is, if you want others, whether they be Christians, Wiccans, or anyone--to take your efforts seriously, or for your efforts to have any effect in this world.

And if you are determined to practice, then please listen and learn from the practiced! I honestly believe that you are not ready to be on your own--but then what do I know?

I am going to step out of this thread, so that you may focus on the advice of those who can guide you better in the area of spells and potions. Listen, okay?

In the meantime, I will send you some info--perhaps you will find it useful--I have a new job, and I cannot log in much these days, but hopefully I can do something this week.

I would just post it here, but then there might be lots of debate, and I might alienate myself on this (I doubt it)and some other boards (quite possibly)--and I have already said too much:eek: , and yada, yada, yada (sp?):D

Just take time to know...you know some things--make them excellent! There is no hurry . Grow, so you may grow, and then what you grow will blossom and grow in the hearts and spirits of others--maybe even those, mean, rude ones who misuse the labels they seem to love--

I can't seem to stop chattering--LOL--the light bulbs are out in the office here, and I am holding a flashlight between my head and shoulders--I thought for a long time that I did not ever look at my keyboard, but....:D

G'nite--

(I will try and pm you with my email addy)

InPeace,
InLove

can someone offer a love potion?

it would be nice to meet another woman who loves me, or at least kind of loves me & does not just want the old one night stand routine.
before i reach 65.
thank you
:)

Bandit said:
can someone offer a love potion?

it would be nice to meet another woman who loves me, or at least kind of loves me & does not just want the old one night stand routine.
before i reach 65.
thank you
:)

If you are looking for a bit of help the best way to get it is to seek advice from an elder in your own spiritual path first. The people in your own spiritual community can't help you if you don't let them know you could use some assistance!

If you feel that you do want to pursue a magickal assist to your goal (whether its love or something else) I would advise against paying someone else to do the magick for you. There are LOTS of charlatans out there who exist solely to liberate needy people from their money. Anyone who says they will do magick for you for a fee (and especially if they claim they are always effective) is only really guaranteed to lighten your wallet for you.

The best magick is the magick that you work on yourself. It's like prayer -- prayer works much better if you do your own praying rather than expecting someone else to do it for you.

If you've made up your mind to do some magick then check out your local library or bookstores for books on magick. There are lots of them out there in the occult, Pagan, or New Age sections. Many introductory books on Wicca and witchcraft will include explanations of how to do magick for a variety of purposes.

One of the main things to remember about magick is that it works by following natural laws. For instance, you will get results that are directly related to the amount of effort you put into it. If you don't put much effort into a goal then don't expect to get impressive results.

Regarding love spells, many practitioners shy away from them specifically because they feel that trying to coerce others into a relationship is inherently deceptive. Healthy relationships are built on honesty and genuine attraction -- not deception or coercion. That's why many witches will instead suggest doing work to identify realistic expectations, make yourself more appealing to the types of people you're trying to attract, and putting yourself in the situations where you're most likely going to make a connection. Doing all the high-powered spells won't get you much if you just sit at home waiting for that special person to come knocking on your door.

Here are a few authors who I would recommend for solid instructions on doing magick:

Nancy B. Watson
Scott Cunningham
Ray Buckland
Christopher Penczak
Ly De Angeles
Marian Green
Judika Illes.

There's also a new book that just came out in the US recently called "Power Spellcraft for Life" by Arin Murphy-Hiscock that looks good.

If you can't find these authors in your local libraries or bookstores, you can usually ask to have their books brought in for you (libraries will often do inter-library loans for specific books.) Or you can purchase them online.

bgruagach said:
The best magick is the magick that you work on yourself. It's like prayer -- prayer works much better if you do your own praying rather than expecting someone else to do it for you.

If you've made up your mind to do some magick then check out your local library or bookstores for books on magick. There are lots of them out there in the occult, Pagan, or New Age sections. Many introductory books on Wicca and witchcraft will include explanations of how to do magick for a variety of purposes.

One of the main things to remember about magick is that it works by following natural laws. For instance, you will get results that are directly related to the amount of effort you put into it. If you don't put much effort into a goal then don't expect to get impressive results.

Regarding love spells, many practitioners shy away from them specifically because they feel that trying to coerce others into a relationship is inherently deceptive. Healthy relationships are built on honesty and genuine attraction -- not deception or coercion. That's why many witches will instead suggest doing work to identify realistic expectations, make yourself more appealing to the types of people you're trying to attract, and putting yourself in the situations where you're most likely going to make a connection. Doing all the high-powered spells won't get you much if you just sit at home waiting for that special person to come knocking on your door.

Here are a few authors who I would recommend for solid instructions on doing magick:

Nancy B. Watson
Scott Cunningham
Ray Buckland
Christopher Penczak
Ly De Angeles
Marian Green
Judika Illes.

There's also a new book that just came out in the US recently called "Power Spellcraft for Life" by Arin Murphy-Hiscock that looks good.

If you can't find these authors in your local libraries or bookstores, you can usually ask to have their books brought in for you (libraries will often do inter-library loans for specific books.) Or you can purchase them online.

thanks for the advice Bruce. you mean i cannot just go out & point at Britney Spears and make her fall in love with me?..., i was just teasing about making a love potion. I know better.
i would be afraid i would not be able to undo the potion if i made one any how & that could be a nightmare.:)
all the girls at my church are taken or they are too young or too elderly. i am right in that middle bracket.
actually there is one her name is Dinah. Physically handicapped & mentally challenged a little bit, but Sweet as can be & full of grace & real genuine love.
she never married & we have known each other since babies. i often wonder if she is the one i should have gone with in the beginning, instead of tramping my life away.

i am not into the bars & all that. done it, did it & whoopi. i am taking a class in master gardening this year so maybe there will be a special potion, i mean special girl there. if not, that will be ok too.
thanks again for listening.

Well, so much for "bowing out" of this thread. Bandit, why don't you see how things work between you and Dinah?

It may or may not work out, but at least the endeavor will be an honest one, from the heart.

No spell or potion or religion can trump the heart...

And if that does not work out just right for you, at least you have investigated what you have wanted...and all done in Love--make sure of this!

If there is anything that Wicca offers up in the name of Love, it is "to do no harm".

InPeace,
InLove

bgruagach said:
Ummm... my name's not Bruce. It's Ben. (See my signature at the end of my post.)

sorry about that Ben. i dont know why i said Bruce. i think i was looking at your screen name & it is close to the other Ben, i mean Bruce up at the top.
talk to you soon Ben.

I try to be a good listener and I've picked up that a great amount of Wisdom is needed in this area. It is good that Chalice asked for advice ahead of time and it seems that wise advice has been given

Have you ever had belladonna and mandrake blown through your keyhole? You should try it. You might like it ;)

Back