Need Objective Answer

celtchic

Reaction score
I don't want a lot of flames for asking this question, as I am simply asking as a means of educational value. I simply would like an objective answer from an objective respondent, please no strong Christian-influenced responses.

In a religion class in college, and on the History Channel once, I heard of books that were missing from the Bible. In one of these books, there is a story of a young Jesus who had killed another boy. Has anyone heard of this story and does anyone know of a website where I can find information on this?

Thanks,

Celtchic

Answering my own question

celtchic said:
I don't want a lot of flames for asking this question, as I am simply asking as a means of educational value. I simply would like an objective answer from an objective respondent, please no strong Christian-influenced responses.

In a religion class in college, and on the History Channel once, I heard of books that were missing from the Bible. In one of these books, there is a story of a young Jesus who had killed another boy. Has anyone heard of this story and does anyone know of a website where I can find information on this?

Thanks,

Celtchic

I am replying to my own question because I finally found what I was looking for: The story of Jesus killing is found in Thomas’ Gospel Of The Infancy Of Jesus Christ.

celtchic said:
I am replying to my own question because I finally found what I was looking for: The story of Jesus killing is found in Thomas’ Gospel Of The Infancy Of Jesus Christ.

If you're interested in reading the text of it, along with other non-canonical gospels, there's a book called The Complete Gospels edited by Robert J. Miller which has that and other gospels, including The Gospel of Mary, written from the point of view of Mary Magdalene. It also goes into some depth about the language and the similarities and differences among the four canonical gospels, as well as their origins.

Welcome to Comparative Religion. I'd say this is a good place to ask questions.

CJ

Hi celtchic, and welcome to comparative-religion.com!

I also assure you that there are no flames allowed here, and that the membership here is overwhelmnigly liberal and free-thinking in a variety of different ways.

As for the original question - there is a specilist section on this site itself, which has the most complete collection of the missing books of the Bible.

There are actually quite a few Gospels attributed to Thomas in that collection:

3.12.1 Acts of Thomas
3.12.2 Apocalypse of Thomas
3.12.3 Book of Thomas the Contender
3.12.4 Consumation of Thomas
3.12.5 Gospel of Thomas

5.4 Infancy Gospel of Thomas - Greek A
5.5 Infancy Gospel of Thomas - Greek B
5.6 Infancy Gospel of Thomas - Latin

Hope that helps!

Back