list people reading page as like main?

_Z_

from far far away
Reaction score
Would be nice if we could see who is reading the page we are on in a list at the bottom as like on the main page! Or is this viewed as intrusive in some way?

sorry if this has already been discused.

btw, i use the pm system quite a lot - it adds a nice personal touch so may i reiterate greater ease of use like adding an icon at the bottom of each post.

i know i am a pain in the butt:p

Z

I think the issue of seeing who was reading each section or thread was raised previously - namely, concern about it being used (I think it used to be on) due to privacy issues.

_Z_ said:
Would be nice if we could see who is reading the page we are on in a list at the bottom as like on the main page! Or is this viewed as intrusive in some way?

sorry if this has already been discused.

btw, i use the pm system quite a lot - it adds a nice personal touch so may i reiterate greater ease of use like adding an icon at the bottom of each post.

i know i am a pain in the butt:p

Z

that would be way cool to be able to pm someone right from there post. i have never seen that before.
it used to be able to see who is reading a thread. i dont see what difference that makes though.

hey bandit.

I seen it before many times, each post has an icon similar to the quick reply icon. I had a lot of interesting chats with people in pm’s I treated it like a personal chat room – kinda, & sometimes there are personal things people wish to talk about, that cannot be done on the forum main.

As for seeing who is on the thread sections & individual threads, well we all have buddies that we like to chat with and if they are on a thread you like then one can get a good debate going. Whereas sometimes interesting stuff goes on without us even knowing – as there are a lot of threads & sections. But I can see why there is a privacy issue – if that matters.

I used to go on an exclusive Greek philosophy forum where all members had full modding powers, would you believe!

true, but at the same time i consider all the pretense online, where i would not exactly want to talk to people i dont really know. that takes a long time & can be a big waste of time. talking on the board openly gives a better feel for what that person is really seeing, then take it to a PM.

Naturally, someone has to make the first post on something if it is different than something mainstream. there are certain thngs i wont ever post publicly & that is what makes PM very useful & get to know how others feel.

just because someone may be viewing a certain thread wont always mean they want to talk about it or have the same interest.

i might be on a different wave here...not sure.

oops yes funny how 'waves' go like that! but i get you point, pm's can be annoying & used for spammers to irritate, so perhaps keep it as it is eh!:)

except for the PM thing...

I too would like to know . who's who are reading the posts.....

funny one more thing which I have noticed.... there are always more visitors then members on this site......

Like Now there are three members and 43 visitors.....!! and at times i have found
2 members and over 70 visitors...!!

Aquaris hi

I found this site easily on google, so many people will come and have a look, & perhaps many like reading rather than posting.

Z

aquaris said:
Like Now there are three members and 43 visitors.....!! and at times i have found
2 members and over 70 visitors...!!

A number of those guests are actually search engine software programs, collecting data from these forums, which in turn show up in the search engine results. That's usually a good thing, and helps people find us better. :)

Back