Favourite verse

OzAndy

Reaction score
What's your favourite verse of Scripture and why?

Hi! This is a bit cheeky since I'm a brand new member, but I thought I'd have a go at starting a new thread which might lead to some interesting dialogue, insight and interaction.

For most of us who believe there is probably a verse of Scripture (Koran, Torah, New Testament, prophets, etc., etc.) which has spoken to us or inspired us or comforted us, or guided us in a special way.(For those of us who believe in the inspiration of our Scriptures I do not want to suggest that any verse of Scripture is more important than others in any divine or objective sense.)

Pehaps you could share that verse with us and a brief explanation of why it is important to you.

I'll kick off:

1 John 4:10-11 (GNT)

10This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.

11 Dear friends, if this is how God loved us, then we should love one another.

This is my favourite because it sums up for me the heart of Christianity. It's first and foremost about God's love for us and how it's shown or given to us in Jesus. In light of this love it is an imperitive upon us that we must love one another.

Andrew

Back