Hello From Incarnate

Incarnate

Christian Scientist
Reaction score
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
- Genesis 1:1-3​
And thus I begin my introduction to myself.

What faith am I?
While I define myself as a Protestant Christian, I have the firm belief that Christianity and Science are not two opposite poles, but rather different interpretations of the same thing. I'd like to note how the Big Bang Theory was proposed by a Catholic priest as a way to "define" the beginnings of the universe as described by the Bible. I am very capable of accepting other ideas and philosophies, but it is my nature to be sceptic (although, ironically, I don't normally doubt Christianity) - and so I tend to ask large amounts of questions over proposed philosophies.

What is the relation of the quote above to this introduction?
I find it a fitting way to describe a beginning of something - a vastness of darkness and then something, whether it be God or simply a coincidental stumble, creating an illumination, a metaphorical path of light.

What do I like?
I like intelligence. I also like to partake in political simulators (and I run one of my own), especially geo-political simulators (AKA nationsims). I have a liking for philosophy / religion and I study it fervently (it also helps that I am religious - what better person to analyze religion than one who partakes in it him/herself?).

Where am I from?
I have dual nationality and am bi-lingual (though I can speak 5 or 6 languages to some extent). My mother is Hungarian, and indeed I was born in Budapest, but I have lived in Britain for the majority of my life, and my father is British. I attend Eton College.

Questions?
Fire ahead.​

Back