The Creator of time

akbar

Reaction score
By the name of almighty the God, when time started? When will it end? One certainly doesn’t know and can’t know. How vast this universe is? One cannot imagine and will not be able to imagine. The eternity can neither be proved nor defined but it can be felt. The God's men do feel it. For example, (just for explanation) it is said that once upon a time there was a God's man. God sent his angel to tell him that the time of his death had approached. The God's man replied to the angel that he didn’t want to die at that time. The angel then asked the God for further orders. The God said, “tell him, that he can live as much years as he wants but ask him the number of years.” The angel again appeared before that man and delivered the message. The man asked the angel, “Again there is a time limit in which I have to die?” The angel replied “Death is must for all the creations.” The man replied “Come, I am ready to die. That time will also approach, so better to die now and fulfill the God's will.” The humans can feel eternity in them. They can transcend to this elevation.

For further explanation let me narrate another story. This will also help to clarify my view. Once upon a time there lived a small group of believers in a town. The people of that town turned very harsh to them. They fled the town to save their lives. They felt tired and slept in a cave. When they woke up they felt hungry. They sent one of them to bring food from the town, they had left. When he entered the town, he was very cautious about his identity. Because if the people had recognized him, they would have been in danger. He produced the coins to buy food but the shop keeper looked upon him very curiously and told him that the coins were very old and were not valid. Then the man walked in the town and saw that everything had been changed. The whole generation had changed. He spoke to the people. The people had heard about those believers from their elders. They heard the whole story from the man and went with him to see the cave and the believers. They verified all the situations and the whole story, and then they brought those believers to the town with much respect and agreed with them in their belief. For the men in the cave there had not passed a day but for the people in the town so many years had passed. Who were correct in the counting of time? Both sides were correct, but there was a difference in perception.

The God can make feel these like differences in perception, whenever and wherever he wants. He is almighty and the creator of time. The people who die might be perceiving the time very very little as compared to living.

Sleep is a rehearsal of death. Why sleep? If a man is tired/fatigued, he can lay down without a sleep. But the God created sleep and sleep is must and this is a sign of the God. How helpless a man is when he is asleep? He is unaware of the world and everything around him, and yet he enjoys it more than anything else. He consumes about half of his life in sleep. When he is asleep, it does not matter for him whether he is rich or poor, mighty or weak, privileged or deprived etc. the God gets hold of him and then he is asleep, not conscious about counting of time. He gets up and recalls in his mind all about himself, rich or poor, powerful or weak, relatives and friends, race and religion, time and date etc. After some moments he is what he was before he slept. Some people say time is money. Time can never be bought with money. Time is child hood, youth and old age. Can these be interchanged with money? Time is the God's creation and the God's creations have no alternatives. Time changes powerful and powerless, rich and poor, happy and sad, many and few, honorable and disgraced and all whatever and whichever are in this universe.

Have you observed a person deeply involved and lost while watching a drama or film? Sometimes he is so lost in such a story which begins from the childhood of a character and ends in his old age or even a generation changes, that he forgets the actual perception of time. He thinks in the moments of his involvement that the time is really changing so fast. He takes some moments to recall his mind out of that sub- consciousness. Here lies the difference in perception of time between living and dead. To the dead the lifetime can just seem a drama. Even for the many living having passed many years, their past time seems to them a drama. Time is a perception like eternity and cannot be subjected to just numerical countings.

I've heard the idea that time is a human creation. As humans, we can't understand existence without time, but that alone doesn't mean that it's real.

I don't pretend to understand, really. I'm only human. But I think it's intriguing.

- Sarah

I wish there was a normal yellow smiley face that didn't look so smug.

sara[h]ng said:
I've heard the idea that time is a human creation. As humans, we can't understand existence without time, but that alone doesn't mean that it's real.

I don't pretend to understand, really. I'm only human. But I think it's intriguing.

- Sarah

I wish there was a normal yellow smiley face that didn't look so smug.

if only humans created it, then how do robins know the best time to fly south & to search for food in the morning? when i hear them singing in the morning i know it is time to get up. the birds taught me what time it is.
if i am late for work the boss lets me know how much time went by.
that seems real to me.

you can find some more smilies here:

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3368

akbar said:
Time is a perception like eternity and cannot be subjected to just numerical countings.

i perceive that my Grandmother is 86 years old. i percieve that i worked for 15 hours yesterday because i did punch the clock & i most definately feel it today & so do all the other employees i work with:)

Well, I already said that I don't understand, but I'm willing to try to put aside my own perspective to see what others there might be.

One potential explanation is that humanity puts time into increments, minutes, seconds, hours. Clearly it's at least partly right because of the science that can be done with reliance on time. But what if this does not reflect universal truth? Why does time have to be something so measureable and steady? I think of an air foil and Bernoulli's principle (or whatever it is. I haven't covered this since maybe 5th grade) where there is the wing with a flat bottom and curved top. The air separates when going around, and that which goes over the top must go faster than that under the bottom so that at the back of the wing, it will be in the same 'place' as it was before. Maybe at the end of a long family dinner, the adults have been chatting happily at the bottom of the wing and time seems to have flown, while the children have taken a much longer path over the top and are bored out of their minds.

I don't know if I believe this, but I don't know why it couldn't be true.

- Sarah

sara[h]ng said:
One potential explanation is that humanity puts time into increments, minutes, seconds, hours. Clearly it's at least partly right because of the science that can be done with reliance on time.

I agree with both ideas, from what I've read and thought about. On the one hand as the writer way above hints, one cannot percieve lack of time - there would be no way to witness a change that takes place through time (even one's perception that nothing has changed.) On the other hand our sense of time passing seems regulated by our cultural experience. References I've seen about what it is like in the next world speak of it's timelessness and unhurriedness, but not a lack of things to do or be active about. So not being literal about the timelessness get's one to living without punctuations for feeding, sleeping, resting, running errands, etc.

I do not mean that counting of time is wrong and humans have been counting time before there were watches. There has to be time to run the life but the perception I mentioned is not scientific and you see that your beliefs or the existance of the God may not be proved scientifically. It is to be understood beyond the limits of science. Perhaps I was not able to explain it so clearly. Perhaps some of my friends would have understood what I mean.

Have'nt you been some time amazed that the time have been so less or so long and not which you were expecting if not keeping your eyes on the watch? In fact we have too much involoved in scientific and materialistic views though science have been much beneficial for us.

sara[h]ng said:
Oh man. I didn't see that last part until now.
I like this one.
Now I have to find something to get riled up about so I can use it.

Thanks
- Sarah

i like that one too Sarah. it says it all without having to say anything.

& this one
fighting0024.gif

akbar said:
Have'nt you been some time amazed that the time have been so less or so long and not which you were expecting if not keeping your eyes on the watch? In fact we have too much involoved in scientific and materialistic views though science have been much beneficial for us.

yes i have done that many times & it is like time flies when you are having fun & it drags on for ever when you have to wait for a long time.

Depending on what our state of consciousness is, time is relative. Since our physical bodies live on earth in the third dimension, we measure time in three. Past, Present, and Future. According to quatum physics, the time we experience is found in the 6th dimension. Its often referred to as "Planar time" and its line of time has an infinite amount of possiblities, thats how we are able to use free will. Im speculating on that though, quantum physics boggles my mind....

Back