Is Baha'u'llah related to King David?

Postmaster

Reaction score
Royalty has a tendency to be related to other royalty as history shows. Did the Persian Royal family that Baha'u'llah was a line of have any blood line from King David? As you should know Jesus also had a blood line to King David. Which was one of the many fulfilled prophesies.

Hi!

As you may know, Abraham had three wives: Sarah, Hagar, and Keturah.

It's my understanding that Baha'u'llah was descended from Abraham through both Sarah and Keturah, and that the line from Sarah included David as well (though I don't know at what point before Jesus it then split off).

(And as a slight aside, the Bab, Baha'u'llah's forerunner, was a descendant of Hagar via Muhammad, so all three Abrahamic lines are represented in the Central Figures of the Baha'i Faith. Indeed, Shoghi Effendi was descended from both the Bab and Baha'u'llah, and was hence descended from _all three_ of Abraham's wives!)

So anyway, the short answer is that yes, Baha'u'llah was a descendant of David.

Best,

Bruce

Postmaster said:
Royalty has a tendency to be related to other royalty as history shows. Did the Persian Royal family that Baha'u'llah was a line of have any blood line from King David? As you should know Jesus also had a blood line to King David. Which was one of the many fulfilled prophesies.

Baha`u'llah descends from the line of Abraham at the time of the banishment to Babylon. You are familiar with the old testament story of the Jewish leader interpreting dreams for the king? One of the daughters of that Jewish leader was married to the king of Babylon. Thence Baha`u'llah descends.

Regards,
Scott

Zoroastrianism is older then Judaism I think, there were common connections between the Jews and the Persians, they even shared a common language Aramaic? When the Jewish people got banished from Babylon they took the Monotheist influence with them. It amazing to see how God works in history, he planted a seed in 1844 back to Persia which seems to be growing fast as the latest major world faith. Monotheism is a rich philosophy the highest that can be accomplished to be able to justify the existence of an infinitely intelligent being. Humans have the closet nature as God we see this in our own intelligence for directing our civilisation but not forgetting we are independent from him, so we are his helpers, civilisation, God and humans go hand in hand. Optimism is a virtue, Knowledge is a virtue, faith is a virtue, and patients are a virtue.

Postmaster

I know this is an old thread, but I like the way you listed some of the virutes available to man. The Baha'i Calendar is named after attributes of God and could be considered to be virtues that we should try to attain.

We are now in the month of Ala, Loftiness, which is the last month of the Baha'i calendar which puts in the middle of our annual fast. At sunset March 20, the month of Baha begins, which means Splendour, and our fast ends. I wish you well at this glorious time in this Realm of God. I have included a table of the Baha'i months translated into other languages as well.

Allah'u'Abha

This was posted as a table. Please read it like this...the bold type in the center of the page is the languages it is translated in. The bold month in the center is the start of that Baha'i month translated to the Gregorian calendar and the list of names on the left is the name of the Baha'i month first in Arabic and then in English, etc.

Of course you could also go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahai_Months and see the table in its original form.

Mick

Arabic
English
French
German
Norwegian
Spanish
Swedish

March 21

Bahá
Splendour
Splendeur