The Holy One of Israel in the Old Testament

I

InChristAlways

I have a question on the use of the "Holy One" in the OT. Is God trying say this is the One who would redeem Israel or another way of saying the "messiah" or Son?
Israel/judaism is still expecting a King and messiah to sheperd them in the future, but according to Isaiah 43 and Jeremiah 23, it will be the Lord Himself and if that is the case, he will not be hard to "spot".
My question is, is God using the "Holy One" for the "Son", Himself or both? Thanks.
Steve

Isaiah 12:6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion, For great [is]the Holy One of Israel in your midst!"

Isaiah 43:15 I [am] the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King."

Jeremiah 23:1 "Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!" says the LORD.... 5 " Behold, [the] days are coming," says the LORD, "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.. 6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this [is] His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.[size=+2]
[/size]
Ezekiel 39:7 "So I will makeMy holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not [let them] profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that [I am] the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
Acts 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

InChristAlways said:
I have a question on the use of the "Holy One" in the OT. Is God trying say this is the One who would redeem Israel or another way of saying the "messiah" or Son?
Israel/judaism is still expecting a King and messiah to sheperd them in the future, but according to Isaiah 43 and Jeremiah 23, it will be the Lord Himself and if that is the case, he will not be hard to "spot".
My question is, is God using the "Holy One" for the "Son", Himself or both? Thanks.
Steve

I believe you're trying to read the trinity back into the Tanakh.

The Messiah does not equate to the "Son" in the trinity. Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to ask?

Back