Letter on current tensions between Muslims and Denmark + Norway

Ghaniel

Explorer
Reaction score
Dear Muslims

I intend to write a letter to the Islamic Council of Norway entreating them to transmit my message of sympathy and humility to other Muslims in Norway.

With this post I'm starting a project of my own with the purpose to communicate my worries and compassion and hopeful advise to Muslims. I intend to take this far, into newspapers, to other Islamic organizations and so forth.

I must say that so few Norwegians have expressed themselves who don't support the publishing of the caricature of your Prophet Muhammed. I feel an urgent and pressing call to reach out to Muslims whereever I can get in touch with them.

As a Christian and an ethnic Norwegian, residing in Norway, I feel ashamed on behalf of my country. Although, it is unfair that 4,5 million individuals should be held responsible for something that a newspaper with only a minority reader group have done. So far, only the newspapers' proponents have seemed to have their say. I on the other hand am worried about my country, about Muslims in my country and my future.

The reactions from Muslims in the Middle-East and their resentment is frightening. I know that they are capable of attacking my country in unmentionable fashions and I myself wish to avoid any conflicts with Muslims. I'm not a war-mongerer like so many other Europeans(incl. Norwegians and Danes) appear to be at the moment.

I cannot possibly be alone about my viewpoints. I know what it is like to have my faith offended. I experience it almost daily myself. Jokes about Jesus, silly cartoons and caricatures, depictions of my God as a terrorist, imbecile and other things that makes my stomach churn by thinking of it.

But I don't let myself be quailed or harrassed by these insults. I have as a Christian who is used to ridiculing of my faith and my God, developed a rigid immunity to these things and I ignore them. Instead I try not to be upset and I pray for God to preserve my patience, persistence in my faith and love for those who ridicule me. Is it possible for Muslims to do the same? Maybe it will seem cynical to you. With the deepesy humility, I hope someone will consider it.

My God dispises those who strife and cause strife, wars and arguements to occur. He wants me to be meek, gentle, peaceful, patient, not to let myself be filled with hatred and bitterness. Is it possible for Muslims to think the same way?

I have never been so afraid for my country like I am now. I don't hate Muslims and wish that they won't hate me.

There is more I can say and I will write whenever I think of something.

In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to replies.

Yours humbly,
Ghaniel

Hi

I read your message here ..and as Muslim I'm happy to see people like you search for the peace ..I want to explain something about Islam..
Allah call us in his holy book (ALQuraan )to be aware that no one have any responsibility about others mistakes..and we must treat all people in tactful ways as they treat us well.

Allah said in Al Quraan ..which can be translated as:
(here are three translation)
YUSUFALI: Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is towards Allah: He will tell you the truth of the things wherein ye disputed."
PICKTHAL: Say: Shall I seek another than Allah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? Each soul earneth only on its own account, nor doth any laden bear another's load. Then unto your Lord is your return and He will tell you that wherein ye differed.
SHAKIR: Say: What! shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns (evil) but against itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that in which you differed.

peace be upon peaceful ppl
i read your message
we never hate people
we don't hate Denmark nor norway
but we love our messenger Mohammed
we forgive those who harm us
but we shall be angry for bad things said and done about God and prophets
we are for God
defend for God
and we can never accept the cartoons on Mohammed
no,
we can never smile for those who talk about God,or about Mohammed or Jesus
I know that not all the norway ppl are accepting the carioons
but u know
the governments refuse to say that they are not satisfied by those cartoons
they say that it's a free opinion !!
is the free opinion to laugh at the lord who created us??
who are we to laugh at God???
are we Gods???
we are very weak
u can note that we can't stop the influenza of birds, can we stand against God??
i hope that ur government should feel that they should be like the french government..
is that difficult??

Back