Paragraphs In Posts

Faustus

Jew In Progress
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you enable separate paragraphs in posts? It seems that this board software doesn't recognize just hitting the return key a couple times to separate paragraphs or even get a line break; I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, so how do I keep my posts from turning into one long paragraph?

Faustus said:
At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you enable separate paragraphs in posts? It seems that this board software doesn't recognize just hitting the return key a couple times to separate paragraphs or even get a line break; I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, so how do I keep my posts from turning into one long paragraph?
You're the second person I've seen complaining about that - but it works fine for me. Being the unabashed tech geek I am, first question out of the bin - which browser and operating system are you using?

As you can see, it doesn't mind *my* return key for paragraphs. (Firefox 1.5 on XP)

Firefox 1.0.6 on Mac OS 10.3.9. Maybe I'll try it on Safari and see if that works any better, though it would be a bit annoying to have to open a new browser every time I want to post here. Weird.

Okay, it works just peachy in Safari (which I'm using now), so it must be an issue related to Firefox. Not sure what would be causing it, as this is the first time I've ever experienced the problem, and I post on a fair number of other boards. Maybe it's time to upgrade or something.

Firefox on PC works fine - not sure why it acts up on the Apple version - I can only presume it's an issue with the Javascript handling.

I presume Javascript is on??

Faustus said:
Yup, it is. Ah, well. I'll just use Safari for the time being. Definitely weird, though.

Yea, my Mac-using friends are having all sorts of issues with Firefox on their Macs - wierd formatting, strange things not working, etc. I've used it on both Windows and Linux and have had no problems at all. Might be worth checing out the new Mozilla version for the Mac that just came out - Camino - as it's a rewrite for the Mac rather than a port.

Back