An alternative wiewpoint

K

KnightyKnight

I am posting to try to get a message to as many people as I possibly can. It is something that I know would help so many people. The reason I am doing this is because I feel that if what I have found out has helped me, it can help anyone. My background is pretty normal, I’m 28, I’ve led a normal life, I’m a PA, I have a lot of friends, I like partying etc, I’ve had my ups and downs but most importantly I have never known what I believed in and what life was about – similar to a lot of people I imagine. Luckily for me I was never brought up under any particular religion, so I never had any strong views about God, life etc. I have always been open-minded and curious though, but never particularly looked for the answers and was happy to plod along and see what happened to me. Then one day, coincidentally (or so I thought) when I was going through a very rough patch, and didn’t know what to do, a friend happened to tell me about an amazing book they were reading. This friend is a very level headed and confident person, not the kind to need ‘self-help’ books etc. So I thought, well if he says it’s amazing, I’m interested in this. So, I went and bought a copy, but I wasn’t prepared for what has happened to me as a result. This book has totally changed my whole perspective on life; it’s taken away every fear I ever had - including death, stopped me judging others, worrying about how I might be judged, made me see ways I could never have imagined to live life in a way which is beneficial to me and everyone who has anything to do with me. It has given me wisdom beyond my previous comprehension. Now I’m not some kind of preacher, I’m not naïve, and I am my own person, who doesn’t take on others’ views as my own. But this book has literally changed my life. So much so that I feel like I have to get it to as many people as possible, because if even just one person read it and understood the messages in it, that is enough for me. It’s one step closer to a more peaceful world as far as I am concerned. I’ve bought it for a few people, and some now have the same view as I do. I am not expecting everyone to understand it – it’s very unusual, sometimes seems a bit ‘far-out’ (this is down to the American author I would imagine) and at first extremely difficult to get your head around, let alone explain to others. But once it starts to sink in and your doubts about it disappear, if you were not excited, astounded and possibly a different person, I would be very surprised. There are three books, all called Conversations With God, Volumes 1, 2 and 3. They are written by Neale Donald Walsch. Volume 1 is basic (for good reason) but I had to read it three times! 2 will make more sense, and three is mind-blowing. I never thought I’d see the day I’d believe in God 100%, especially without being religious in any way. I have been taken totally by surprise and I want the same for as many people as possible; the world might just be a better place. You never know. So if you believe I’m not just a desperate lunatic, go and get a copy. It might be the best thing you ever did in your life. I feel like I’ve done my bit! If you are going to buy a copy, maybe let me know on <edit--link removed; lunamoth>– It would feel great knowing that people out there were paying attention. You’ll know what I mean when you’ve read it! Thanks for listening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Knightyknight, welcome to CR. :)

Being a brand new member you may want to take some time to peruse the different threads and subfora here. For example, I'd direct your attention to an existing thread on the book topic Conversations with God

Another helpful reminder is that CR is a forum for discussion about spirtuality and religion and it is better to invite dialogue that develops here, rather than directing people to outside links. Thus, I have taken the liberty of removing the link from your post above.

cheers,
lunamoth

Last edited:
Back