What music are you listening to?

Snoopy

zennish
Reaction score
Snoopy! *pounce* *three fingers poke out of the pile of :kitty: delegation's pelts*

Are you familiar with this piece?

I used to play this thirty-five years ago (I no longer have either a violin nor the sheet music.) *bigcry*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Thanks for sharing. I have quite a lot of Prokofiev but don't know this. It's beautiful, you must have loved playing it.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I have quite a lot of Prokofiev but don't know this. It's beautiful, you must have loved playing it.

The visiting violin teacher was the only person I could play the piece with (the person in charge of the "orchestra" that year tried [in more than one way] to "teach" the piece using a trumpet.) Lucky for me, I graduated that year!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Namaste Jesus

Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai
Reaction score
Our local PBS affiliate is begging for money again, so it's nothing but pledge programming this weekend. Just spent 2 hours with Buddy Guy. Good Lord can he make that strat cry and sing! :cool:

seattlegal

Mercuræn Buddhist
Reaction score
I've been binging on The HU, a rather interesting Mongolian band that incorporates traditional Mongolian instruments and Mongolian throat singing with rock and metal. Here's their cover of Metallica's Sad But True, which I like better than the original.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
I've been binging on The HU, a rather interesting Mongolian band that incorporates traditional Mongolian instruments and Mongolian throat singing with rock and metal. Here's their cover of Metallica's Sad But True, which I like better than the original.
Your post reminded me of this composition by Leonid&Friends:

The special guest has performed with another group (I believe the other group is linked afterwards, but don't quote me here.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
This song is a tad political, but it is rather famous iirc:

Aussie might've recognized the tune, even vaguely (I believe it's from Australia.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

'Amir Alzzalam

Šayṭānist
Reaction score
Hesperus is Phosphorus
Composed by TaRkHeM (Yours Truly)

In Greek mythology, Hesperus is the personification of the "evening star", the planet Venus in the evening. This Evening Star is the Son of the Dawn goddess Eos (Roman equivalent: Aurora) he is also the brother of Eosphorus the Morning Star (Eosphoros "dawn‑bearer"). Sometimes Hesperus is integrated with the 'Morning Star' Eosphorus "bearer of dawn" or Phosphorus (Ancient Greek:"bearer of light", often translated as “Lucifer” in Latin) these are all personifications of the planet Venus.

The Greeks believed that Eosphorus (Venus in the morning) and Hesperos (Venus in the evening) were two different celestial objects. The Greeks later accepted the Babylonian view that they were the same, and the Babylonian identification of the planets with the Great Gods, and dedicated the "wandering star" (planet) to Aphrodite (Roman Venus), as the equivalent.

Trapezoidal Sound and Alexander Scriabin
Alexander Scriabin (1872-1915) was a Russian composer of orchestral and piano music. Early in his development, he began to arrange chords in a strange and beautifully individual style. Based on a thirteenth dominant including the 7th, 3rd, and 13th, all laid out in a pattern of fourths, this inverted Pythagorean structure would come to be known later as the Mystic Chord also called the Prometheus Chord. He achieved a haunting, dissonant, yet beautiful sound with this chord and by following the rules of traditional tonality and diatonic, functional harmony, he was able to compose great works of clarity, depth, and unheard-of textures. Scriabin was definitely thinking out of the box, his Dæmon was in control!

While living in Brussels, Belgium he became a student of Friedrich Nietzsche's Übermensch theory and read Helena Blavatsky and Jean Delville’s philosophy of Theosophy. The Composer Artist delved into the depths of the Underworld and reemerged with a treasure in the way of his very own personal and abstract mysticism based on the role of the artist in relation to perception and life affirmation. His ideas about reality became similar to Plato and Aristotle and in one of his unpublished notebooks he infamously wrote “I am God”.
He titled his Ninth Sonata “the Black Mass” and through a refined system of Synesthesia (a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway), he began pioneering multimedia performances planning a week-long performance titled “Magnum Opus Mysterium” and would have included music, scent, dance, and light all at the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains which would dissolve into a world of bliss! He, unfortunately, died before this potentially magnificent show could be held.

https://on.soundcloud.com/PnoZH

muhammad_isa

Save Our Souls
Reaction score
..and now from the East Coast..

"..... in the clearing stands a boxer and fighting is his trade, and he carries the reminders, of every glove that laid him down, and cut him till he cried out, in his anger and his shame, i am leaving! i am leaving! but the fighter still remains...."

Great stuff ! :)

-Bridge Over Troubled Water-

Last edited: