changes on the earth

M

mee

"He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore."—Revelation 21:4
"The lame one will climb up just as a stag does."—Isaiah 35:6
"The eyes of the blind ones will be opened."—Isaiah 35:5
"All those in the memorial tombs will . . . come out."—John 5:28, 29
"No resident will say: ‘I am sick.’"—Isaiah 33:24

"There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth."—Psalm 72:16 the bible teaches that God will bring about these changes on the earth.
With each passing year, the world is becoming more and more dangerous. It is overrun with warring armies, dishonest politicians, hypocritical religious leaders, and hardened criminals. The world as a whole is beyond reform. The Bible reveals that the time is near when God will eliminate the wicked world during his war of Armageddon. This will make way for a righteous new world.—Revelation 16:14-16.​
Jehovah God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly Kingdom, or government. Long ago, the Bible foretold: "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called . . . Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end." (Isaiah 9:6, 7, King James Version) Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth." (Matthew 6:10) God’s Kingdom will soon remove all the governments of this world, and it itself will replace all of them. (Daniel 2:44) Then God’s Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise........... now i would say that is a great hope for the future , God is also going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth ... revelation 11;18... is not the bible the best book to take in knowledge about, the whole theme of the bible is about Gods heavenly kingdom goverment ,and what it will accomplish for this earth .would you not agree that the bible gives us a wonderful hope for the future of the earth?

How do you feel about the fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses have been apparently claiming the imminent end of the world since the 1800's?

I said:
How do you feel about the fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses have been apparently claiming the imminent end of the world since the 1800's?
i think its great , that they were awake to bible prophecy at that point in time , because now the prophecies are well along in these last days , and its all happening in this time of the end. and the bible is a most wonderful thing to take in knowledge about. yes thrilling times indeed. thats how i feel.:)

What I mean, though, is that didn't the Jehovah's Witnesses originally predict Armageddon as about to occur in the 19th century - but then repeatedly revised the dates when nothing happened?

I said:
What I mean, though, is that didn't the Jehovah's Witnesses originally predict Armageddon as about to occur in the 19th century - but then repeatedly revised the dates when nothing happened?
and they were right to keep awake ,Jesus was made king in the heavens in 1914 and that was the start of the last days , its all happening in this time of the end . keeping awake to bible prophecy was the thing to do , then they were not in the dark in a spiritual way , but it gets lighter and lighter, and clearer and clearer, and Jehovahs day will not be late
"Even if [the vision] should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."—HABAKKUK 2:3.
we do not know ‘the day and the hour’ set for this system’s end, but Jesus has forewarned us: "Prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming."—Matthew 24:36, 44
What will Armageddon be like? It will not be a nuclear apocalypse or a disaster provoked by humans. No, it is God’s war to end all human wars and annihilate all those who promote such wars. It is God’s war to bring in true peace for those who love peace. Yes, Armageddon is coming as Jehovah has purposed. It will not delay.

mee said:
and they were right to keep awake ,Jesus was made king in the heavens in 1914 and that was the start of the last days , its all happening in this time of the end . keeping awake to bible prophecy was the thing to do , then they were not in the dark in a spiritual way , but it gets lighter and lighter, and clearer and clearer, and Jehovahs day will not be late
"Even if [the vision] should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."—HABAKKUK 2:3.
we do not know ‘the day and the hour’ set for this system’s end, but Jesus has forewarned us: "Prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming."—Matthew 24:36, 44
What will Armageddon be like? It will not be a nuclear apocalypse or a disaster provoked by humans. No, it is God’s war to end all human wars and annihilate all those who promote such wars. It is God’s war to bring in true peace for those who love peace. Yes, Armageddon is coming as Jehovah has purposed. It will not delay.

you cannot reason away false prophecy. it is either true or it is false. and with false predictions and dates set by watchtower it is false, no matter how much you try to backpeddle.

Yes a date someone predicts cant just be kept being changed until the right date is finally hit. Well it can but it still doesnt make it not a false prophecy.

yes they knew that 1914 was a date to look foreward too , they realized this from their study of the bible, they were right ,as the bible pointed to this year , but the understanding of things is for Jehovah to reveal at his time, and he reveals things to those who kept awake to bible prophecy,and things are being revealed in these last days . years ago the light was dim but now it is getting brighter and brighter yes we really are in the last days . i find it really thrilling and i love it when new understanding is revealed in line with the bible , in fact it was one of the reasons that i could see that Jehovah is revealing things to JW yes a progressive organization indeed as it should be.

That's the point mee - they don't seem to have a clear idea of a date, and I don't believe that 1914 was their earliest prediction - and when JEsus failed to re-appear, they apparently came up with various new armageddon predictions, that never came to pass.

Here's an interesting point on that from Religious tolerance:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994, etc. were other dates that the Watchtower Society (WTS) or its members predicted.

- Since late in the 19th century, they had taught that the "battle of the Great Day of God Almighty" (Armageddon) would happen in 1914 CE. It didn't.

- The next major estimate was 1925. Watchtower magazine predicted: "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year."

- The Watchtower Society selected 1975 as its next main prediction. This was based on the estimate "according to reliable Bible chronology Adam was created in the year 4026 BCE, likely in the autumn of the year, at the end of the sixth day of creation." 8 They believed that the year 1975 a promising date for the end of the world, as it was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam's creation. Exactly 1,000 years was to pass for each day of the creation week. This prophecy also failed.

- The current estimate is that the end of the world as we know it will happen precisely 6000 years after the creation of Eve. 9 There is no way of knowing when this happened.

and an even more interesting assessment:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness8.htm

which goes into great detail, with the original JW belief that Jesus actually arrived in 1874.

LOL i always find it rather funny when various links are put up going into outdated things, early bible students were in the dark about many things at that time , infact the early students of the bible used to think that Jesus was going to come back in the flesh on to the earth , but with the revealing from Jehovah they realize that this is not the case , i like to move along with the revealed information as it leads to accurate knowledge . and its all happening in this time of the end . i find that those who do not stay around and wait for Jehovahs revealing time , are the ones who become apostate and end up being critical. yes 1914 was and is the fullfillment of bible prophecy and chronology ,and with Jesus as reigning king , nothing will stop Jehovahs purpose for the earth coming to its completion. i find it really thrilling to be living in this time of the end its all unfolding and being revealed.And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant Daniel 12;4 yes there has been lots of roving around the bible and the true knowledge has become abundant. all i can say is well done to the early students of the bible for hanging on in there, because Faithfulness leads to great blessing in the end . matthew 24;45-47

changes on the earth , .............us humans have always known that death is the thing that will happen to us all , there is no escaping it , but the bible promises a time when there will be no more death , that seems like a dream , and an impossibility, but with Jehovah God nothing is an impossibility. He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it] Isaiah 25;8
(Revelation 20:14) And death and Ha´des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. ............ yes death will be totally destroyed

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,​

And they will reside forever upon it. psalm 37;29
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. John 3;16
With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. revealation21;3-4 yes no more death the former things have passed away .
(1 Corinthians 15:26) As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing........................ yes death is an enemy to us now but the bible promises that the enemy death will come to nothing . wow that will be some change on the earth will it not?​

With each passing year, the world is becoming more and more dangerous. It is overrun with warring armies, dishonest politicians, hypocritical religious leaders, and hardened criminals. The world as a whole is beyond reform. The Bible reveals that the time is near when God will eliminate the wicked world during his war of Armageddon. This will make way for a righteous new world.—Revelation 16:14-16. yes great changes are going to happen on the earth,Gods heavenly kingdom goverment will accomplish great things and changes on the earth
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44

I said:
Yes, but what's the discussion point? :)
changes on the earth, .............. even though there is now things going on that were not part of Gods original purpose , such as Death, sickness, old age , war, crime, etc,etc, the bible holds out a wonderful promise that all of these things will come to an end through Gods heavenly kingdom goverment. i think it is something wonderful for the future of the earth , only Jesus as king of that goverment can put things right on the earth , because Jehovah God has made him king , and it is all going to plan .
Jehovah God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly Kingdom, or government. Long ago, the Bible foretold: "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called . . . Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end." (Isaiah 9:6, 7, King James Version) Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth." (Matthew 6:10)
God’s Kingdom will soon remove all the governments of this world, and it itself will replace all of them. (Daniel 2:44) Then God’s Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise.................... and it amazes me how many people are really oppossed to that rulership, but i suppose it was the same when Jesus was on the earth as a man , even though Jesus was the one that fullfilled bible prophecy he was rejected by men, even more was he rejected by so called religious leaders who should have known better. it seems nothing changes in that way. but there will allways be individuals who do accept jesus kingship, the same way that there were individuals back in Jesus day that accepted him as Gods son.

even more changes on the earth.............. They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea Isaiah 11;9
(Psalm 22:27) All the ends of the earth will remember and turn back to Jehovah. And all the families of the nations will bow down before you.
(Habakkuk 2:14) For the earth will be filled with the knowing of the glory of Jehovah as the waters themselves cover over [the] sea.
(Revelation 7:9) After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.
(Revelation 15:4) Who will not really fear you, Jehovah, and glorify your name, because you alone are loyal? For all the nations will come and worship before you, because your righteous decrees have been made manifest.

mee said:
LOL i always find it rather funny when various links are put up going into outdated things, early bible students were in the dark about many things at that time , infact the early students of the bible used to think that Jesus was going to come back in the flesh on to the earth , but with the revealing from Jehovah they realize that this is not the case , i like to move along with the revealed information as it leads to accurate knowledge . and its all happening in this time of the end . i find that those who do not stay around and wait for Jehovahs revealing time , are the ones who become apostate and end up being critical. yes 1914 was and is the fullfillment of bible prophecy and chronology ,and with Jesus as reigning king , nothing will stop Jehovahs purpose for the earth coming to its completion. i find it really thrilling to be living in this time of the end its all unfolding and being revealed.And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant Daniel 12;4 yes there has been lots of roving around the bible and the true knowledge has become abundant. all i can say is well done to the early students of the bible for hanging on in there, because Faithfulness leads to great blessing in the end . matthew 24;45-47

QUESTION 1: What evidence have you got that today's predictions are more accurate than the predictions made two centuries ago?

QUESTION 2: It is evident that two millenia ago the Jews thought the end of the world was just around the next corner--maybe the next year of their lives, and they were wrong. Even Jesus was wrong. Why does anyone believe it is about to happen in another little bit?

OBSERVATION: I've lived for such a long time with the belief that the end of the world was just around the corner, and it never happened, that I've decided to stop speculating about it and just enjoy life. If the world ends, I will be sure to go along with it. There is no chance that I will be left behind alone in an empty universe.

RubySera_Martin said:
QUESTION 1: What evidence have you got that today's predictions are more accurate than the predictions made two centuries ago?

QUESTION 2: It is evident that two millenia ago the Jews thought the end of the world was just around the next corner--maybe the next year of their lives, and they were wrong. Even Jesus was wrong. Why does anyone believe it is about to happen in another little bit?

OBSERVATION: I've lived for such a long time with the belief that the end of the world was just around the corner, and it never happened, that I've decided to stop speculating about it and just enjoy life. If the world ends, I will be sure to go along with it. There is no chance that I will be left behind alone in an empty universe.
i would call it more like ...... the end of a system of things........... not the end of the litral planet. Jesus wasnt wrong in his day , it all came true, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70C.E .and this....... system of things... that is here now,will come to its end also . then Gods heavenly kingdom goverment will rule the whole earth in justice and rightousness.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come . matthew 24;14 not the end of the planet , but the end of manmade goverments.
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44 Gods word the bible always comes true, the heavenly kingdom is now well established in the heavens since 1914 , and it will take over manmade goverments .
(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.

inhumility said:
What is exactly your concept of revelation?
Thanks
the book of revelation , means an uncovering or revealing , and it is all happening in our day . especially since 1914 when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment , we are now in the Lords day .

Back