The Warrior Philosophe

How much of this took place under Obama? A full 8 years as I recall...even opening the door for expansion of ISIS.
IMO Trump just got in on the tail end and claimed the credit for Obama's work to finish ISIS
And while giving lip service to Middle East Peace, it was crystal clear Obama was no friend to Israel.
It's a very difficult situation, inflamed as always by extremists on both sides
the party of the KKK has always been the Dems ...
Dem," the party of the KKK.
Oh please! How many members vote Democrat?

Last edited:
What if George Bush never invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, the world would be a far more stable place to live. Only the people responsible for 9/11 should have been bought to justice. Instead, tens of thousands of people who had nothing to do with 9/11 were killed, injured, made homeless. Much of Afghanistan and Iraq has been destroyed. This is not justice.
A poke in the eye towards those who helped the Afghanis boot the Ruskies out?

Clearly there was sufficient sympathy with Bin Laden to give him shelter, and provide for his little army.

Interesting how the focus is always on the tiny little details that one uses to justify their position, rather than looking at everything in context.

But I will keep my promise, I refuse to discuss warfare and how it is conducted.

Regardless, a man has a right to defend his family...including against foreign invaders. Especially with lawfully owned firearms...including long arms.

If you care to discuss the reasoning, I'm in. If you care to discuss specifics of who did what to whom, count me out.

Once again...notice who is attacking whom.

Peace-niks seem to me rather violent.

Clearly there was sufficient sympathy with Bin Laden to give him shelter, and provide for his little army.

You could justify the invasion of Afghanistan, if the world was a better and safer place afterwards. But it's not.
You invaded Iraq looking for invisible mini WMDs, when all along, you had the biggest ones in your own back yard.
Regardless, a man has a right to defend his family...including against foreign invaders. Especially with lawfully owned firearms...including long arms.

If you care to discuss the reasoning,

Jesus said, we should love all our neighbours as we love ourselves. We are to love, pray for and forgive our enemies.

What you overlooked in my response is quite telling.

Have you EVER stepped foot in Afghanistan? I doubt it.

Clearly promises mean nothing to you, they are just hollow, empty words. Goading to make someone break their promise undermines any presumed moral superiority you think you have.

You are incapable of discussing ideas. You dwell on discussing people.

1690205992473.png

What you overlooked in my response is quite telling.
Hmmm, and what you overlooked in my post is more telling.

You could justify the invasion of Afghanistan, if the world was a better and safer place afterwards. But it's not.
You invaded Iraq looking for invisible mini WMDs, when all along, you had the biggest ones in your own back yard.

Read what you wrote ; you, you, you...as if anything you point to is my fault personally.

Like I said, you are incapable of discussing ideas. You dwell on discussing people.

ignore...

Once again...notice who is attacking whom.

Peace-niks seem to me rather violent.
militant pacifism?

A poke in the eye towards those who helped the Afghanis boot the Ruskies out?

Interesting how the focus is always on the tiny little details that one uses to justify their position, rather than looking at everything in context.

But I will keep my promise, I refuse to discuss warfare and how it is conducted.

If you care to discuss the reasoning, I'm in. If you care to discuss specifics of who did what to whom, count me out.
When were the Ruskies booted out? I don't remember the year.
I'm not sure who it was who pointed out that this time around in Afghanistan, it took only 20 years, 4 US Presidents, many many American and international soldier's lives, and I don't know how many millions of dollars... in order to... wait for it... Replace the Taliban with the Taliban.
Mission accomplished?
I'm not even arguing against the invasion as such... but so many decisions made along the way over the course of 20 years... it does not appear as if the outcome was a resounding success. 😯 :(

I'm not sure who it was who pointed out that this time around in Afghanistan, it took only 20 years, 4 US Presidents, many many American and international soldier's lives, and I don't know how many millions of dollars... in order to... wait for it... Replace the Taliban with the Taliban.
Mission accomplished?
The futility of war. Jesus commanded to love, forgive and to pray for our enemies.

Back