Conference Call

blampe

Reaction score
I don`t want to spam, but maybe some of you are interested in this conference:

SCHWARZKOPF FOUNDATION ORGANISES INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CONFERENCE ON 'RELIGION IN EUROPE'

In recent years, the role of religion in European society has become a topic of revived political and academic interest. Schwarzkopf Stiftung Key issues include the future of multiculturalism and the status of religious communities, but also the varying interpretations of European secularism.
The discussion on further EU enlargement has re-invigorated these discussions, posing the question whether Europe's heritage is constituted by 'Christian' beliefs, 'secular' values, or simply by a set of political principles.

In order to allow young Europeans to explore these issues in group discussions and plenary debates, the Heinz Schwarzkopf Foundation 'Young Europe' will hold an international student conference from 17 to 22 February 2004 in Berlin (GER) under the heading 'Religion in Europe: its Impact on Civil Society'.
The event is supported by the European Commission Representation in Germany, the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Hertie Foundation, the Haniel Foundation, and the Alliance for Democracy and Tolerance.
It will bring together 100 university students and young professionals from across the European continent.

more info:
http://www.heinz-schwarzkopf-stiftung.de/conference

Just 100 students? Hardly a "conference".

As this one is semi-relevant I'll let this one go - but from now on I'm going to work more thoroughly on the forum settings, so that new members have to reach a certain post-count before they can post links - probably at least 20, but maybe more.

thanx for letting it pass. and sorry about the limited number of participants, but - as always - thats a question of money. I wish we would be able to afford more....

Back